Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slade out

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:

“I think it’s slightly disrespectful for the man coming on anyway, whenever a sub’s made, and I don’t think that’s right.

“The mentality should be that we’re all in it together and when you make subs it’s there to try and make a difference and change the dynamics as he [Botaka] did so well at Fleetwood.

“Within two minutes he broke the line and had a chance. He nearly made an impact very quickly so it’s important that all our players are a value to us.”

Slade on the booing of the Holmes substitution.

I've never understood those who say he talks a good game. I find all of his press conferences to be a slightly (or not so slightly) self-aggrandizing recap of the game with a slightly condescending tone as though he's explaining football to the listener. I know that there are many who think he's better than those who came before simply because English is his first language. And he is better than Karel and Luzon because they were so bad. But he offers no insight into the game, no nuance, and he seems to get quite petulant quite quickly. Someone with a better understanding of psychology could probably stretch that as an analysis to his coaching strategy.

This proves how stupid the bloke is. The fans wanted Botaka on - and were booing the decision to take Holmes off. I mean - FFS! This bloke is in charge!!!!
  • Options
    He has to go now. Purely so the media has to type 'sacked after losing 2-0 in the Checkatrade Trophy against Crawley Town'. That's a collector's item right there
  • Options
    edited October 2016
  • Options
    Warnock is about to be named new Cardiff manager.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Where has it gone wrong - thought he would be a decent fit for League One and you've brought some good players for that level (on paper)?

Are teams coming for a point and then just getting goals on the break whilst you miss chances?

Hope things change for the better soon..
  • Options
    I'd be tempted to stick with Slade a little longer. I know that's not popular but I really don't see the point in changing AGAIN unless it's for someone decent, which it won't be.

I'd be interested to know what the likes of Jackson think about Slade.
  • Options

Where has it gone wrong - thought he would be a decent fit for League One and you've brought some good players for that level (on paper)?

Are teams coming for a point and then just getting goals on the break whilst you miss chances?

Nope - we're being outplayed.

Whoever has taken points off us has fully deserved them.
  • Options

Toxic environment. He hasn't helped himself but the regime will drag anyone down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I didn't go tonight and to be honest barely checked the score every 20 mins

But come on, how low do we have to go, the bloke is incapable

And I think I'm usually rational with managers, maybe roly has turned me
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    He is an old school manager with no balls. We can still turn it round, but not with him in charge. You have to make changes when the person in charge is clueless. It doesn't matter how many changes you have made before. Slade has to go as quickly as possible.
  • Options
    Not going to happen for him is it. I feared a second relegation and after those two early wins that was looking more than a just bit negative. Looks spot on now. Who would we attract to replace Slade? Why would any decent player still be here by the end of January? Could probably do a lot worse than make Jackson manager.
  • Options
    Bloke is useless end of and no he aint going to turn it around get rid now.
  • Options
    Jackett or Warnock by far the best options, but little chance of getting either of them.
  • Options
    Roly and his SMT will be happy.

'You wanted a British manager so we gave you one. Now we can choose who we want again.'
  • Options
    The man is a prat.
  • Options
    Dead man walking.

But anyone who replaces him will be no better.
  • Options
    Be interested to hear what bollocks comes out of his mouth tonight.
    On second thoughts i'd rather not hear russ.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Toxic environment. He hasn't helped himself but the regime will drag anyone down.
    I'm not so sure, despite the squads issues and the toxic environment with what he has we shouldn't be a bottom 6 side and a large part of that is at his door.

A good people manager would have galvanised the team spirit and built their own bubble regardless of whats going on around them or whats said, Ask Ferguson, all for one and one for all, regardless of any regime.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I'm not so sure, despite the squads issues and the toxic environment with what he has we shouldn't be a bottom 6 side and a large part of that is at his door.

A good people manager would have galvanised the team spirit and built their own bubble regardless of whats going on around them or whats said, Ask Ferguson, all for one and one for all, regardless of any regime.
    I tend to agree ...he has done nothing to prove himself.
  • Options
    They won't sack him now just to spite us as always.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind managing our squad in league one. With a player like Tex you can bring in. You just need a bit of flair and balls. Something Slade is lacking and has lacked at previous clubs too. We have a manager who didn't even realise fans were not booing Botaka but him on Saturday!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Less time writing handbooks and more time reading coaching manuals.
  • Options
    He reads the manuals but they are 15 to 20 years out of date. That is his problem!
  • Options
    edited October 2016

He is an old school manager with no balls. We can still turn it round, but not with him in charge. You have to make changes when the person in charge is clueless. It doesn't matter how many changes you have made before. Slade has to go as quickly as possible.

I am not disagreeing that Slade is not up to it, but I am at a loss who we might get if Meire decides to give him the sack. My fear is we will be straight back to the fourth-rate continentals merry-go-round because, as we saw in the summer, the decent applicants are hardly rushing to SE7.
  • Options
    Nebosja comrade
  • Options

Jackett or Warnock by far the best options, but little chance of getting either of them.

No credible manager will work for these twats