Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slade out

Comments

• Options

What's the f***** point of getting rid of Slade? What is going to change? "My car keeps breaking down. I've had three resprays and I've added go faster stripes then taken them off again, but it still keeps breaking down. I'm going to respray it again, and this time I'm lowering the suspension and see if that fixes the problem."

Exactly.

On the basis of opinions here perhaps we should give managers ten game roll on contracts.

We need stability and Slade needs time.
    He needs more time does he.
    Give him till the end of the season we will be in league two.
    Give him till the end of next season we will be non league.
    The man is fucking clueless change him now before it's too late
    So we sack Slade, another geezer gets rolled in and the results stay the same. Do you sack them as well?
    I agree the club is crying out for stability but if you look at our recent performances it is obvious that we are getting worse now better.

When we got Riga back for a second time it was to late for him to turn things around.

If we are going to make a change iwould rather do it now so whoever comes in has enough time to keep us up
    I take your point with the final paragraph.

To add some 'humour' to lighten the mood.

I reckon the Ujpest dude should come in and prove us all wrong!!!!!
    The sadest part is that with their track record of appointing managers you just know that whoever comes in will be shite
  • Options

What's the f***** point of getting rid of Slade? What is going to change? "My car keeps breaking down. I've had three resprays and I've added go faster stripes then taken them off again, but it still keeps breaking down. I'm going to respray it again, and this time I'm lowering the suspension and see if that fixes the problem."

Exactly.

On the basis of opinions here perhaps we should give managers ten game roll on contracts.

So we sack Slade, another geezer gets rolled in and the results stay the same. Do you sack them as well?
    It won't be long before Slade loses the dressing room. I'd like to see us get rid now. I just can't see him being able to turn it around. Yes it is early days, but I've seen enough to know that his tactics are a joke. Any Cardiff fan will tell you the same. He hasn't got anything about him that suggests he can be a success.

What I've witnessed in the last few games is as bad as anything I can remember. He also talks a load of bollocks as well. Yesterday he thought Botaka was being booed when it was actually him. The man is clueless.
    I also talk a load of b******* so perhaps squirrel face can give me the job.
  • Options

Exactly.

It won't be long before Slade loses the dressing room. I'd like to see us get rid now. I just can't see him being able to turn it around. Yes it is early days, but I've seen enough to know that his tactics are a joke. Any Cardiff fan will tell you the same. He hasn't got anything about him that suggests he can be a success.

What I've witnessed in the last few games is as bad as anything I can remember. He also talks a load of bollocks as well. Yesterday he thought Botaka was being booed when it was actually him. The man is clueless.
    Do you pass the height test
  • Options
    Do you think Slade may actually be the Belgian's last roll of the dice?

They've failed with their network managers, to the point where even their own people were highly critical - i.e Riga's comments at the end of last season.

They struggled to find one with English experience, and the one they did find (Slade) appears to be failing too.

What happens if we don't win in the next month? It's something that's quite easy to see happening. Do they bring in another network manager despite claiming that the previous network managers were mistakes?
  • Options

Exactly.

My nickname is not lofty.

(Shut the f*** up Otto about my nickname!).
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Do you think Slade may actually be the Belgian's last roll of the dice?

They've failed with their network managers, to the point where even their own people were highly critical - i.e Riga's comments at the end of last season.

They struggled to find one with English experience, and the one they did find (Slade) appears to be failing too.

What happens if we don't win in the next month? It's something that's quite easy to see happening. Do they bring in another network manager despite claiming that the previous network managers were mistakes?

With the exception of Karel I think all of the network managers we've had would be doing a better job than Slade is right now.
  • Options
    We all know who's next - heeeeeres Nobby!
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:

Aaagggh Jesus, I'd have to go to his first game for the reception he got.
  • Options
    Brussel, no one gives a shit about the checkatrade, be a daredevil and try and pick a formation and team that you truly believe with part of your heart could maybe score 2-goals, go on I dare you, there's nothing to lose....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    A manager has to be allowed to manage.

I'm not convinced Slade is really. At 56 with a 3 year contract he won't say anything other than meaningless platitudes or actually do anything controversial in order not to rock the boat so he either keeps working or receives a handsome pay off if they sack him.

• Options

Exactly.

I agree the club is crying out for stability but if you look at our recent performances it is obvious that we are getting worse now better.

When we got Riga back for a second time it was to late for him to turn things around.

If we are going to make a change iwould rather do it now so whoever comes in has enough time to keep us up
    I take your point with the final paragraph.

To add some 'humour' to lighten the mood.

I reckon the Ujpest dude should come in and prove us all wrong!!!!!
    The sadest part is that with their track record of appointing managers you just know that whoever comes in will be shite
    Until recently it was simply a case of Meire/Duchatalet buggering about with appalling experiments as they knew best.

Now they have painted themselves into a corner as they are stuck with choosing from a tiny group of no hopers or has beens who have no real reputations to shred by coming to the club.
  • Options
    Radagast the Brown
  • Options
    https://www.change.org/p/fa-ban-russell-slade-from-using-the-4-5-1-formation-and-playing-jackson-lm-5d66cf41-b87c-46fa-90ee-80984ed4a95d

Sorry if this has already been reported on here. At the moment, it needs 93 signatures to reach... 100.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Exactly.

Don't worry, I'll keep quiet for once.
  • Options

Exactly.

Don't worry, I'll keep quiet for once.
    Phew!
  • Options

Exactly.

Disagree. Everything we need to know about Slade is there in his past record and the evidence of our own eyes.

Yes we are crying out for stability but not at the expense of relegation to division two which on form and points to games ratio is where we are currently heading. One quarter of the season gone and we are in trouble.

I think it's fair to say that Slade has a very decent squad of players at his disposal and yet we are completely devoid of nous and threat.

Please tell me why you think on the basis of the mans CV and performance so far it would be better to stick with him and risk another relegation over recognition that he is not up to the task and find someone who is.

Yes it would be our eighth manager / coach under these useless clowns and replacing Slade would do nothing to help stabilise the club but in my opinion there's no risk in getting rid of someone that patently is not fit to do his job.

Is there any single Charlton supporter that is happy with what they have seen in terms of football under Slade ? We know the answer to that. It's a resounding no.

Desperate for not another network appointment but would love to see Jackson / Euell given a chance. One thing I can guarantee is that we would not be any worse than we currently are.

Spot on SHG it will not get any better under Slade and his track record does not suggest otherwise either. Jacko and Euell combo for me and it didn't work out to shabby the last time we promoted to playing staff to co managers.
  • Options
    ideal time to get rid .. the 'international break' is an ideal time to bring in a new man to give him time to get the team in shape .. mentally
  • Options

We should bit the bullet and Hire Neil Warnock. At this stage its imperative we get out of the division and he is the man for that type of job.

my ideal man exactly .. I doubt that it will ever happen though .. BUT he is just the man for the job
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mrkinski said:

Genuinely don't think he could do any worse than Slade is doing.

His side got a 3-3 draw away to the champions at the weekend. Could you imagine a Slade team scoring 3 goals away from home?!
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Mrkinski said:

Genuinely don't think he could do any worse than Slade is doing.

His side got a 3-3 draw away to the champions at the weekend. Could you imagine a Slade team scoring 3 goals away from home?!
    still only a draw though... Also he hasn't won a single league game.
  • Options
    Slade is hopeless and if sacked will no doubt be replaced with another useless manager. Nobody who's any good would go near the job.

Warnock should be offered a shed load of cash to come and sort things out but that won't happen.

L2 looks a distinct possibility as we continue our journey downwards. Surely RD has to give up eventually as the club is becoming worthless.
  • Options

We should bit the bullet and Hire Neil Warnock. At this stage its imperative we get out of the division and he is the man for that type of job.

Unfortunately they won't do it.
  • Options

We are getting out of this division all be it in a downward direction.
  • Options
    Asked about Saturday's game by my nephew (Orient fan) and told him how dire it was and also about @Nicholas and his polite well mannered observation about Russell's ability :wink: .

To which he replied Slade was the best manager Orient have ever had and they would have him back in a heartbeat.

Well they must have had some real shite since he left and thank f*ck we don't support Orient.
  • Options

Asked about Saturday's game by my nephew (Orient fan) and told him how dire it was and also about @Nicholas and his polite well mannered observation about Russell's ability :wink: .

To which he replied Slade was the best manager Orient have ever had and they would have him back in a heartbeat.

Well they must have had some real shite since he left and thank f*ck we don't support Orient.

let's get this swap done with their manager asap.
  • Options

Where's all those who'd said we'd had a result not getting "put it in writing " Chris Wilder
    Even Sheffield Utd have come good under his management !

Ok, hands are up.
  • Options

Where's all those who'd said we'd had a result not getting "put it in writing " Chris Wilder
    Even Sheffield Utd have come good under his management !

Never any doubt :smile: