Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slade out

Comments

• Options
    Get him out and give it to Euell or Jackson. either would give us a better chance of firstly staying up and then seeing what is paso ke. This bloke is a clown and fast running out of excuses
  • Options
    It's because of Slade. He has on the evidence so far zero tactical nous and is far too negative. Very good players at league one level are floundering under his coaching.

It's very simple. We are very poor as a team because he is very poor as a coach.

Until he departs we will continue to disappoint.

The form in the first quarter of the season if it continues will see us relegated. Our points to games ratio is relegation form.

He has in my estimation half a dozen games to turn it round but he can't. He's not tactically sound enough to do that.

Either the regime get rid or we seriously in danger of finishing in the lowest position in the clubs history.

It's a cluster fuck club from top to bottom.

I personally don't have any faith that the tailspin can be stopped now.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

No to Euell and Jackson. The only person for me would be Nathan Jones. He did a great job with the U21s, players like him and he has done well at Luton.

Trouble is, Nathan Jones knows too much about this regime to come back.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2016
    se9addick said:

vff said:

se9addick said:

What's the f***** point of getting rid of Slade? What is going to change? "My car keeps breaking down. I've had three resprays and I've added go faster stripes then taken them off again, but it still keeps breaking down. I'm going to respray it again, and this time I'm lowering the suspension and see if that fixes the problem."

I respectfully disagree.

The point that the regime is dreadful off the pitch shouldn't stop us wanting better on the pitch.

Currently Slade is about the only manager appointed so far who has been given the resources necessary to compete in the division we're playing in and he's failing, badly. What's more it's week after week that we're seeing the same tactical ineptitude and there is no sign that he's learning from his mistakes and the opportunity for automatic promotion seems to be becoming a more distant dream which will be gone altogether if we don't act now.
    How do we know what resources Slade was given for the team ? Surely that is definitely under his control. He may have been told, you can keep Lookman but that is going to result in sacrifices in other areas. That will have come from Duchatelet and Meire with advice from Driesman on whether they think the team is strong enough.
    Because we can see our squad, and we can see the squads that other sides have assembled.

During our time in the Championship under this regime we had a squad that was largely inferior to the rest of the division and were losing matches to decent sides. In the last few weeks we've dropped points to Wimbledon, Oxford, Oldham and Rochdale who are very far from being decent sides.

Just because the regime are rubbish doesn't mean that Slade isn't also rubbish. My issue with the regime isn't really about results on the pitch so I can still happily be anti-regime whilst acknowledging that Slade is not doing a good enough job with the players that the regime have given him.
    No way try to make excuses for Slade, who is looking clueless, week after week. The answer maybe for him to go if he can't find a way to put an effective team out.

In picking up on Slade's defiencies, Meire & Duchatelet should not be left off the hook. The central midfield is devoid of creativity & pace and not sorting that out is at their done. I am sure Meire would love to pin that on the Slade. 'Look, we gave you a UK manager and UK players and you are still not happy.' It is them, who yet again not put a balanced team. The squad is clearly not good enough.

Peeters put together a reasonable team before the lack of depth in the squad did for him. I know Peeters was an idiot of the highest order in offloading Morrisson for nothing, when on a 2 year contract but he was not supported by Duchatelet or Meire either.

It is a constant theme under Meire & Duchatelet, praise their head coach / manager to the sky, don't support them with a proper depth, or balanced team then they get fired. The whole thing starts all over again as Charlton fall further & further down the table.

Replace Slade by all means, but ffs sort out that central midfield and balance the squad.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

“I think it’s slightly disrespectful for the man coming on anyway, whenever a sub’s made, and I don’t think that’s right.

“The mentality should be that we’re all in it together and when you make subs it’s there to try and make a difference and change the dynamics as he [Botaka] did so well at Fleetwood.

“Within two minutes he broke the line and had a chance. He nearly made an impact very quickly so it’s important that all our players are a value to us.”

Slade on the booing of the Holmes substitution.

I've never understood those who say he talks a good game. I find all of his press conferences to be a slightly (or not so slightly) self-aggrandizing recap of the game with a slightly condescending tone as though he's explaining football to the listener. I know that there are many who think he's better than those who came before simply because English is his first language. And he is better than Karel and Luzon because they were so bad. But he offers no insight into the game, no nuance, and he seems to get quite petulant quite quickly. Someone with a better understanding of psychology could probably stretch that as an analysis to his coaching strategy.

Very few managers offer much insight into the game at post-match press conferences in my view, particularly when their team has lost. I'm sure there are exceptions, but for a relevant example I don't think Curbs was one of them.

The club has been crying out for someone who could communicate and had a basic familiarity with English football, which Slade is - the gap was not just in a coaching role but at any level. That's why he appeared to be significantly better. I'm sure his Q&A talk is much more credible than anything Meire has said, for example.

Unfortunately, as the season has unfolded he hasn't so far shown himself to be a very good manager. Talking is a small part of what we need from him. Removing him won't resolve the problem at the club though. The rot starts at the top.

The booing was clearly for Slade, not Botaka. The substitution was very strange if it wasn't about fitness.

SDAddick said:

“I think it’s slightly disrespectful for the man coming on anyway, whenever a sub’s made, and I don’t think that’s right.

“The mentality should be that we’re all in it together and when you make subs it’s there to try and make a difference and change the dynamics as he [Botaka] did so well at Fleetwood.

“Within two minutes he broke the line and had a chance. He nearly made an impact very quickly so it’s important that all our players are a value to us.”

Slade on the booing of the Holmes substitution.

I've never understood those who say he talks a good game. I find all of his press conferences to be a slightly (or not so slightly) self-aggrandizing recap of the game with a slightly condescending tone as though he's explaining football to the listener. I know that there are many who think he's better than those who came before simply because English is his first language. And he is better than Karel and Luzon because they were so bad. But he offers no insight into the game, no nuance, and he seems to get quite petulant quite quickly. Someone with a better understanding of psychology could probably stretch that as an analysis to his coaching strategy.

Very few managers offer much insight into the game at post-match press conferences in my view, particularly when their team has lost. I'm sure there are exceptions, but for a relevant example I don't think Curbs was one of them.

The club has been crying out for someone who could communicate and had a basic familiarity with English football, which Slade is - the gap was not just in a coaching role but at any level. That's why he appeared to be significantly better. I'm sure his Q&A talk is much more credible than anything Meire has said, for example.

Unfortunately, as the season has unfolded he hasn't so far shown himself to be a very good manager. Talking is a small part of what we need from him. Removing him won't resolve the problem at the club though. The rot starts at the top.

The booing was clearly for Slade, not Botaka. The substitution was very strange if it wasn't about fitness.
    Very much agree about managers not saying much in pressers in England and I said before the season that I won't judge him on press conferences, good, bad, or otherwise. My point was simply to those who still seem to caveat things with "he talks a good game." He speaks English, but that's about it.

As far as the booing, it was VERY CLEAR, even on commentary, who it was for. It feels like some sort of rubbish diversion tactic (or "Mind Game" to quote the press) to come out with the comments he did.

As far as the rot starting at the top, you will get no argument from me.

I do have a genuine question, if he's not good at communicating in press conferences and if, far more importantly, he's not a very good coach, then what is he? I mean what good is experience with the English game if there is not much of anything (apart from some good Q&A sessions behind-closed-doors) to show from it? I'd personally rather have a coach who spoke little-to-no English but who had the team playing in a coherent manner with decent results.
  • Options

What's the f***** point of getting rid of Slade? What is going to change? "My car keeps breaking down. I've had three resprays and I've added go faster stripes then taken them off again, but it still keeps breaking down. I'm going to respray it again, and this time I'm lowering the suspension and see if that fixes the problem."

Exactly.

On the basis of opinions here perhaps we should give managers ten game roll on contracts.

We need stability and Slade needs time.
  • Options
    Perhaps KM should offer him DoF = it seemed to work out for Cardiff.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

No to Euell and Jackson. The only person for me would be Nathan Jones. He did a great job with the U21s, players like him and he has done well at Luton.

I doubt if he would want to leave a good job, where he is being backed by a stable chairman, and move to a club at civil war with its fans, run by a nutcase owner and an incompetent CEO? Jones is an up and coming coach, why risk your career? Every club in the league will be aware of our bizarre regime and its erratic, clueless and un-professional practices. You would have to be dim, dozy or desperate to come to Charlton. All perhaps all three.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Much as I would like Jones @Tutt-Tutt is correct.

Luton are a stable club on the up with ambitious owners ie everything we are not. We are also only a few places above them now and likely to be in the same, if not a lower division, than Luton next season.

If they sack Slade, which i think is coming but not yet, it will be either someone known to the network or a Simon Clark/Johnny Jackson caretaker set up IMHO
  • Options

You could put Pep Guardiola in charge at Charlton and he would fail.
    The club is rotten to core and its heartbreaking.

In a nutshell.
  • Options

You could put Pep Guardiola in charge at Charlton and he would fail.
    The club is rotten to core and its heartbreaking.

I disagree, as Pep knows how to coach players, to improve them. At the moment most of our team have regressed, not improved.
  • Options

Much as I would like Jones @Tutt-Tutt is correct.

Luton are a stable club on the up with ambitious owners ie everything we are not. We are also only a few places above them now and likely to be in the same, if not a lower division, than Luton next season.

If they sack Slade, which i think is coming but not yet, it will be either someone known to the network or a Simon Clark/Johnny Jackson caretaker set up IMHO

I would take Jacko at present. At least to get someone who could have the 'Powell' affect with the fans
  • Options
    I'm afriad we've found a dud in slade. Poor team selection, subs even worse.
  • Options
    I agree it would be great to have stability but you also need to call it when you have a dud and Slade currently looks like a dud to me.
  • Options

Exactly.

On the basis of opinions here perhaps we should give managers ten game roll on contracts.

Disagree. Everything we need to know about Slade is there in his past record and the evidence of our own eyes.

Yes we are crying out for stability but not at the expense of relegation to division two which on form and points to games ratio is where we are currently heading. One quarter of the season gone and we are in trouble.

I think it's fair to say that Slade has a very decent squad of players at his disposal and yet we are completely devoid of nous and threat.

Please tell me why you think on the basis of the mans CV and performance so far it would be better to stick with him and risk another relegation over recognition that he is not up to the task and find someone who is.

Yes it would be our eighth manager / coach under these useless clowns and replacing Slade would do nothing to help stabilise the club but in my opinion there's no risk in getting rid of someone that patently is not fit to do his job.

Is there any single Charlton supporter that is happy with what they have seen in terms of football under Slade ? We know the answer to that. It's a resounding no.

Desperate for not another network appointment but would love to see Jackson / Euell given a chance. One thing I can guarantee is that we would not be any worse than we currently are.

• Options
    Give it Giggsy till end of season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    All jokes aside, Pep wouldn't just stand there on the touchline like a clueless idiot. He would also spot that the tactics deployed by Slade don't work.
  • Options
    I can't understand why he's being so negative lately. You don't play 1 up front at home to Oldham and Rochdale (sorry Russell, Lookman wasn't up front despite what you say).

Like many others have said, we have got lots of attacking talent but fail to utilise them properly. Long balls to Josh do not work.

I'm convinced Lookman will be sold in January and I can't blame him for leaving if he does. The most exciting player we've got. We're playing with relegation form. That's what worries me.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

It would have to be Jason Euell, with a coach of his choice. He would get a long honeymoon period and plenty of support/sympathy. Another foreign numpty would get slaughtered.

At least Jason will be aware of the half-time video link to Roly & Mowgli. I wonder if Brussell is having to listen to their half time advice/nonsense on substitutions or changes, as Carol and Riga did? Perhaps that's why Brussell didn't make a change early in the game. He had to discuss it first with his superiors at half-time. It seems strange that a coach with so much experience failed to recognise what was happening and change it quickly.

Agree with your first part but would Slade really be happy to work with having to get instruction from Roly and Mowgli at half time ? Any self respecting person in the game would just walk wouldn't they ? If there is any truth in it then any respect for the bloke is completely gone. He would be a laughing stock.

• Options

Exactly.

He needs more time does he.
    Give him till the end of the season we will be in league two.
    Give him till the end of next season we will be non league.
    The man is fucking clueless change him now before it's too late
  • Options

Exactly.

Agreed.
  • Options

Exactly.

So we sack Slade, another geezer gets rolled in and the results stay the same. Do you sack them as well?
  • Options

Exactly.

So we sack Slade, another geezer gets rolled in and the results stay the same. Do you sack them as well?
    I agree the club is crying out for stability but if you look at our recent performances it is obvious that we are getting worse now better.

When we got Riga back for a second time it was to late for him to turn things around.

If we are going to make a change iwould rather do it now so whoever comes in has enough time to keep us up
  • Options

Exactly.

Does the other geezer use similar tactics ? Does he show absolutely now signs of learning from any of his many tactical mistakes ?
  • Options

Exactly.

I agree the club is crying out for stability but if you look at our recent performances it is obvious that we are getting worse now better.

When we got Riga back for a second time it was to late for him to turn things around.
    Agree the damage had been done in terms of relegation but his record was equally poor. Let's not pretend he was much cop either ...
  • Options

Exactly.

If we are going to make a change iwould rather do it now so whoever comes in has enough time to keep us up
    I take your point with the final paragraph.

To add some 'humour' to lighten the mood.

I reckon the Ujpest dude should come in and prove us all wrong!!!!!