Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slade out

Comments

• Options
    Slade has the Coventry game imo - lose that and he's gone.

God only knows where we go from here.
  • Options
    2 wins in 14 games in all competitions with a win rate of 14%. We have failed to beat 3 former non league teams in Fleetwood, Wimbledon and Crawley. It's embarrassing. Time to go.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Maybe Katrien can interview herself for the job 126 times in front of the 'mirror mirror on the wall who is the best CEO of them all' mirror.

(Don't worry our Kat it won't always say Karen Brady,and it's a liar anyway)
  • Options
    Was at the game.

Utter dross.

He is useless and he has lost the crowd and the players as far as I can see.

Without a change we are headed for League 2.

League Fucking 2
  • Options

2 wins in 14 games in all competitions with a win rate of 14%. We have failed to beat 3 former non league teams in Fleetwood, Wimbledon and Crawley. It's embarrassing. Time to go.

If thats the case he may just take Les Reeds record away from him who from memory was won 1, drew 1 lost 6.

Unlike Powell who is in the top 3 I think..... stats don't lie, just ask the Regime.......
  • Options
    It's a shame there's no game on Saturday. Russ would have wanted to see a reaction.....etc,etc
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Maybe Katrien can interview herself for the job 126 times in front of the 'mirror mirror on the wall who is the best CEO of them all' mirror.

(Don't worry our Kat it won't always say Karen Brady,and it's a liar anyway)

'We look awful Oh fragrant one, time for another holiday, let the Brussel steam for a bit longer on the back burner'.
  • Options
    Quelle Vanquere.......... Venkmeister, or to use English............ Rollin Duckshit Alley, Catering Merde and Pusswellade.......... a great day out for all the family.
  • Options
    Bollocks to this kind of thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will be Chris O'Loughlin straight in 24hr 36 interviews style
  • Options

Thank fuck Saturday is off.

Christ can you imagine what Millwall would do to us whilst we're in this state.
  • Options
    JJ is the obvious choice. He can't be worse and I have a feeling he could be very much better. Who would be against JJ getting the job, at least on a trial basis?
  • Options

Your older than I thought Ricky...
  • Options
    edited October 2016

JJ is the obvious choice. He can't be worse and I have a feeling he could be very much better. Who would be against JJ getting the job, at least on a trial basis?

We could do worse and this regime has plenty of previous however making the step up from one of the lads to Gaffer is a very difficult one.

Furthermore in the same way I wouldn't want any of our past Charlton managerial legends back under this lot I wouldn't want JJ used as their 'shield' again either. His time will come when they are gone but he doesn't need to run the risk of ruining the special relationship he has built up with us.
  • Options
    L2 looks increasingly likely and I imagine we'd struggle at that level. Thoroughly depressing...
  • Options

L2 looks increasingly likely and I imagine we'd struggle at that level. Thoroughly depressing...

Thankfully only two can go down from League Two

Sadly we'll still be one of the two that'll go down from League Two!!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

We could do worse and this regime has plenty of previous however making the step up from one of the lads to Gaffer is a very difficult one.

Furthermore in the same way I wouldn't want any of our past Charlton managerial legends back under this lot I wouldn't want JJ used as their 'shield' again either. His time will come when they are gone but he doesn't need to run the risk of ruining the special relationship he has built up with us.
    I think the fans are smart enough to realise that should JJ get into the hot seat that it would be for all the right reasons. I doubt he would ever be viewed as a puppet or blamed if things went wrong.

Right now we need some unity amongst the fans and some desire on the pitch. I've no idea if would all work out long term but Slade has to go and I don't want a Nobby Vineger or similar.

JJ / Jason would give us cause to feel we can support the team and I'm certain we wouldn't be as bad as we currently are.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Slade is just embarrassing - he convinces nobody. I thought he'd do better than this but now just looks lost.
    A change of manager is needed but nobody decent would work for us.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

I think the fans are smart enough to realise that should JJ get into the hot seat that it would be for all the right reasons. I doubt he would ever be viewed as a puppet or blamed if things went wrong.

Right now we need some unity amongst the fans and some desire on the pitch. I've no idea if would all work out long term but Slade has to go and I don't want a Nobby Vineger or similar.

JJ / Jason would give us cause to feel we can support the team and I'm certain we wouldn't be as bad as we currently are.

I'm not convinced JJ or JE would want to do it. But in terms of getting behind the team it would be the right move.
  • Options

Slade is just embarrassing - he convinces nobody. I thought he'd do better than this but now just looks lost.
    A change of manager is needed but nobody decent would work for us.

that would have been enough
  • Options
    he MUST go .. BUT I reckon it's odds on that he won't be sacked until we are well and truly splattered
  • Options

Do we have good players for league one level? In my opinion yes we do, pretty much every side in our division would love to have the likes of Rudd, Fox, Solly, Bauer, Pearce, Konsa, Lennon, Ulvestad, Lookman, Holmes, Ajose, Novak, Magennis, Botaka.

So although we're lacking 1-2 decent midfielders, it's pretty clear the manager isn't getting the best out of them. There's been no reaction following a bad result and if anything, we've just got worse. It's not like we're battering teams but just not getting the right result, we are simply dreadful. 2-3 weeks ago i said it was far too soon to get rid but the last 4 results have proved he's got no idea how to win games with this squad.

He has to go.

100% bang on. The players just aren't playing for him. I've never seen a more disinterested bunch of players.

I'd sack him now & put Jackson & Clark in charge as a temporary measure.
  • Options
    Nathan Jones from Luton would be my call connected with the club done well at Luton. Trouble is he is apparently interesting Villa.
  • Options
    The more I see of him, the more I am reminded of Dowie. He speaks with such enthusiasm and is very upbeat even after a string of dreadful results, but the only one he is convincing is himself. His approach to team selection and tactics is the exact opposite, boring and unadventurous. He must be very impressive at interviews and probably gives a mean PowerPoint presentation like Dowie.
  • Options

Computer says no.

In his time at our club, JJ has forged a fantastic relationship with the faithful in the mould of former captains like Kins.

Although he could well be capable of performing in the suggested role, and it would be a feather in his cap/experience for his future plans, it would always remain a poisoned chalice under this toxic regime.

(Having said that, I'm sure @Curb_It & Fanny would be willing to restore our main man with an extensive Kiss of Life .....)

Like most on here, I'd hate to see him fail & regardless of this being his last season on the pitch - one somewhat tainted by the very nature of the state of the club - I want to remember those heroic performances of the past that put a huge smile on our faces & brought us to our feet.

I sincerely hope that he isn't faced with the dilemma if asked to consider a switch to management at this moment in time.

IF we are going to continue going down the tubes, I'd rather it be under a manager/coach of THEIR choice & not one of our own

Imagine wanting to blast the gaffer but having to hold back.

A no brainer for me.

• Options
    edited October 2016

Computer says no.

In his time at our club, JJ has forged a fantastic relationship with the faithful in the mould of former captains like Kins.

Although he could well be capable of performing in the suggested role, and it would be a feather in his cap/experience for his future plans, it would always remain a poisoned chalice under this toxic regime.

(Having said that, I'm sure @Curb_It & Fanny would be willing to restore our main man with an extensive Kiss of Life .....)

Like most on here, I'd hate to see him fail & regardless of this being his last season on the pitch - one somewhat tainted by the very nature of the state of the club - I want to remember those heroic performances of the past that put a huge smile on our faces & brought us to our feet.

I sincerely hope that he isn't faced with the dilemma if asked to consider a switch to management at this moment in time.

IF we are going to continue going down the tubes, I'd rather it be under a manager/coach of THEIR choice & not one of our own

Imagine wanting to blast the gaffer but having to hold back.

A no brainer for me.

What is the dilemma? He must realise his playing days are numbered. The logical step is to move into management and I have heard some rumours that confirm he would be up for the challenge.

Your last sentences are the reason he would be a good choice. The fans will give him and the team some time whichwill help them recover.