Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slade out

18910111214»

Comments

• Options

Flipping this slightly by all accounts we should have been home and dry only poor finishing cost us.

I agree I thought one up was too negative however we battered em and should have been out of sight by half time.

The second half they came back into it and we were on the back foot would not most managers that have seen a team lose momentum look to hold out?

He can't put it in the back of the net at the end of the day

Agree, I am not Slades biggest fan but he sent out a team that battered P Vale by the sounds of it and should of been 4 or 5 up and HT.

Dont think we can blame Slade for Lennon giving away a silly penalty in the last 5 minutes or for trying to see out a 1 nil away win with a 10 minutes to go.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    There were other factors in the defeat for sure. Slade's weakness is that he doesn't react to offensive changes other managers make, which they often do in desperation. Often they gamble that a manager is being too precious with their lead to respond when it might mean playing more openly to exploit gaps. And as the game goes on, Slade's thinking is, we haven't got that second goal so now we have to make sure we don't concede one.
  • Options
    we are stuck in this league or in league two for a long time....
  • Options
    If he decided he wanted to hold out for the 1-0 why not bring on Konsa or Johnson. Why bring on a left back for our only outlet going forward. Why bring on an unproven youngster when you got a 20 goal a season man on the bench. Why bring on Lee Novak at all. Too many times this season we have been in winning positions and thrown it away. Awful management
  • Options
    Tex travelled but not on the bench?

Slade is a network yes man. Chris Powell got sacked because he didn't do what he was told.

Tex would have started last night under Powell.

All my fault, it's the fans fault, patience, 48hrs, positivity, if not promotion this season we'll be in a better position next season

Fuck off slade
  • Options
    Why the hell did he travel? Did they just want to pee him off?
  • Options

Flipping this slightly by all accounts we should have been home and dry only poor finishing cost us.

I agree I thought one up was too negative however we battered em and should have been out of sight by half time.

The second half they came back into it and we were on the back foot would not most managers that have seen a team lose momentum look to hold out?

All that is fair comment and if it was just this game we could write it off as one of those days.

but we battered Wimbledon, went one up and still lost.

We were winning against Oldham and drew

We were winning against Oxford and drew.

Last night wasn't a one-off bad day at the office.
    Ok but in those games I never felt we were going to run riot according to reports last night we should have but couldn't finish.

The performance was miles better than the what we have been offered.

Slade made changes to see the game out and 5 minutes from time.

He can't legislate for fox not being able to do a sunday league players job of hoofing it up field
  • Options

All that is fair comment and if it was just this game we could write it off as one of those days.

but we battered Wimbledon, went one up and still lost.

We were winning against Oldham and drew

We were winning against Oxford and drew.

Last night wasn't a one-off bad day at the office.
    Ok but in those games I never felt we were going to run riot according to reports last night we should have but couldn't finish.

The performance was miles better than the what we have been offered.

Slade made changes to see the game out and 5 minutes from time.

He can't legislate for fox not being able to do a sunday league players job of hoofing it up field
    We were well on top v Wimbledon and better than Oldham. V Oxford both teams were poor.

People there saying Fox played well. I wasn't there.

I'm not calling for Slade to be sacked but that's 9 points dropped from winning positions. We'd be top 3 with those points.

Something isn't right.