Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slade out

Comments

• Options

The bloke is absolutely clueless. He doesn't seem to give a shit.

Neither do most of the players
  • Options
    Reckon Guy'll be back next. Roland probably owes his uncle a favour
  • Options
    I think he should be sacked after today - the only thing that sticks in my mind is that the replacement will be horrendous.
  • Options

Like re-arranging the deck chair on the Titanic

PS Chris O'Loughlin for next boss. British but never played or coached in England, has managed in Belgium for the network.

Currently between jobs

Wouldn't be surprised either.

Slade has set up a system where we are ok defensively (we've conceded fewer goals than 4 of the 6 sides in the top 6) but don't create chances.

Unless he changes that, or the strikers start finding the back of the net a bit more frequently despite that, we could go down again, as, in any English league, the margins between success, survival and failure are wafer thin.

For once I don't see this as 100% the fault of the owners - any more than Harry Gregory missing penalties in 1969 was Gliksten's fault. However unless Slade turns it around in the next 2 games how the owners react will be crucial.
  • Options
    Agree, I'm sorry he can talk the talk but he is useless!

He has to go now! We look worse than we did with Karel!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lurker said:

When do you people see that it doesn't matter who our manager is? Seriously?

I'm sorry but it does!

I hate the regime as much as anyone else but they don't set the team out with those tactics and constant negative shite football.

He should never have been appointed.

• Options
    Leuth said:

What's the f***** point of getting rid of Slade?

He's actually worse than Luzon and Riga, maybe even than Peeters. He's awful. His tactics are pathetic. This is as bad as I've seen.
    Until the next one.
  • Options
    Do we reckon he gets the missus to deal with any Spiders he comes across in the bath.

Too fucking scared to make a brave decision!!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

He's actually worse than Luzon and Riga, maybe even than Peeters. He's awful. His tactics are pathetic. This is as bad as I've seen.
    I dont care where the bloody Manager comes from, whether its from England or the bloody Arctic...

Just give me someone who isnt afraid to win matches, who is experienced, isnt a yes man and isnt from the network
  • Options
    Leuth said:

The problem is, given that Slade was allowed to build his own side with three pedestrian midfielders plus Jacko, two big men and a poacher, and three wingers designed to create the spark, the next manager will be stuck with the squad he was allowed to build.

I continue my argument that the biggest failing of this regime is not Driesen or any of the managers (bar KF) and not even recruitment on its own, but the failure to have a Director of Football providing continuity in recruitment and playing style.
  • Options
    If we are losing most weeks with this defensive setup, why on earth wouldn't he try being more adventurous? I mean what is there to lose?
  • Options
    The thing is that on paper at least we have got a squad capable of challenging for the playoffs .
    The manager's job is to get the best out of the players Slade is clearly not up to the task.
    How he can keep making the same mistakes week after week is beyond me.
    Sack the fat fucker now before it's too late
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Leuth said:

I dont care where the bloody Manager comes from, whether its from England or the bloody Arctic...

Just give me someone who isnt afraid to win matches, who is experienced, isnt a yes man and isnt from the network
    Won't happen mate under this shower of sh*te I'm afraid, expect Nobby Vinegar or Chris O'Loughlin? to check into the Marriott Bexleyheath in the near future.
  • Options
    Can't defend Slade he was motionless
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

Tbf I never thought Peeters was that bad
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Leuth said:

The problem is, given that Slade was allowed to build his own side with three pedestrian midfielders plus Jacko, two big men and a poacher, and three wingers designed to create the spark, the next manager will be stuck with the squad he was allowed to build.

I continue my argument that the biggest failing of this regime is not Driesen or any of the managers (bar KF) and not even recruitment on its own, but the failure to have a Director of Football providing continuity in recruitment and playing style.
    We don't need a DoF, we need a regime that will give the manager a proper budget and a manager that takes that budget and builds a proper team. I'd rather see them spend more cash on a decent manager than on a DoF to sit above him.
  • Options
    Never one for just sacking but he has not got a clue and seems to have no plans B.
  • Options
    I've been calling for his resignation/sacking since the day he was appointed. The thing was, so many regular posters on here slagged me off something rotten. He had a less than average track record when he took the job and took it simply for the money and so he could call himself a manager again.

He is nothing more than another yes man. And a fat useless one at that. Fuck off slade.
  • Options
    I notice there were fewer chants for Slade today.
    Most likely because he made it absolutely impossible to praise him at any point.
    Dire.
  • Options
    I want one manager for the season.

But I thought the Holmes sub was bizarre
  • Options

I want one manager for the season.

But I thought the Holmes sub was bizarre

Agreed... Holmes has been played through the middle plenty of times this season (Remember when it was Foley | Crofts | Holmes | Jackson... It was probably the one good thing in the midfield at the time yet its the ONE thing that Slade has actually stopped doing!!... Could quite easily have taken off Jackson for Botaka leaving Holmes and Ulvestad in the middle!!
  • Options
    CLUELESS !!
  • Options
    Useless manager - would be hard to find someone worse?