Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slade out

Comments

• Options
    should never have got the Job ....no ambition appointment ....Give it to Jackson Player manager
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Lurker said:

When do you people see that it doesn't matter who our manager is? Seriously?

We have a few attacking players for a change, but for some reason won't play them, don't mind playing for draws in away games, but you have to go for it against teams like Oldham and Wimbledon at home.
    So the manager is at fault this time.
  • Options
    Russell Slade, Russell Slade,
    Summer spent drinking lemonade,
    Wimbledon, Oldham put him in the shade,
    Russell Slade, Russell Slade.

Russell Slade, Russell Slade,
    Under worked, and overpaid,
    Yet when he's sacked, he'll have it made,
    Russell Slade, Russell Slade.

Fact : Russell Slade contains all the ingredients needed to make the word "useless"......
  • Options
    Not convinced Slade is the man for the job but I don't think anyone else will do much better.

Until the Belgians sell up and sod off we can expect more of the same - and worse.

Little wonder I didn't renew and haven't been to a game this season. Not missing a lot am I?
  • Options

Lurker said:

We have a few attacking players for a change, but for some reason won't play them, don't mind playing for draws in away games, but you have to go for it against teams like Oldham and Wimbledon at home.
    The club is rotten, whoever 'the manager' may be.
  • Options
    Lurker said:

Lurker said:

The club is rotten, whoever 'the manager' may be.
    But play to win our home games and we just might.
  • Options
    Have no confidence in Slade - we are continuing to get worse.
  • Options
    Carter said:

You are all fucking nuts. Slade, Mourinho, Wenger whoever will be able to do no more with the constraints the toilets currently incumbent at the wheel are insistent on.

I don't blame slade I think he's a puppet same as those who came and went before with the exception of Powell

The penny will drop eventually.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

said he was useless when appointed. So negative it's baffling. Expect Nobby in soon and the fans will be blamed.

Agreed at the time. Agree now. It's midday here and I wasn't at the match so this isn't based on any sort of emotion but I don't think we'll have a successful season until he goes. Maybe it's kneejerk, but we've not dropped six points from winning positions in our last four matches. Two against promotion sides, one against the team second from bottom.

Again he made exactly the wrong substitutions at the wrong time. Not taking off Novak when it sounded like he was knackered was ridiculous. Bringing on Foley and Lookman he had a chance to go 4-3-3, match Oldham for numbers in the middle and beat them with pace on the flanks. Instead, after being outnumbered in midfield all evening (as we always are when we play 4-4-2 even when we play it with three central midfielders), he sticks with 4-4-2 AND doubles down by bringing on a second winger. We continue to get overrun in midfield, we concede the equalizer, and from the sounds of things were a bit lucky not to lose the match.

He's just not good enough for anything other than mid-table with a team that HE BUILT.
  • Options
    I hate what is going on at the club but Slade really isn't the problem. Yes, he's bang average but the squad just isn't good enough and the whole way the club is run from top to bottom is fucked. He's as good as we will get, anyone better wouldn't touch us and I doubt anyone else could do any more with this squad.
  • Options
    Slade had a stinker, he might be able to turn it around. We're not going to get any better in - no point. I do agree that his tactics and team selection do not look at all good. He should be getting better with what he has.

Lookman was Championship young player last season and can't get a start in League 1? He should be first on the teamsheet for any team down here, bonkers.
  • Options

Seriously. I'd give it to Johnnie Jackson right now.

If only to get him off the pitch, yes
  • Options
    Agree the squad isn't good enough but he is too negative and a reactive not proactive manager. His tactics and substitutions are baffling to say the least and with the squad we have should be doing a lot, lot better. There's a reason why he has never achieved a promotion.
  • Options
    Nug said:

I hate what is going on at the club but Slade really isn't the problem. Yes, he's bang average but the squad just isn't good enough and the whole way the club is run from top to bottom is fucked. He's as good as we will get, anyone better wouldn't touch us and I doubt anyone else could do any more with this squad.

Doesn't matter what any of these managers do under these lot but as soon as they start sucking up to those twats publicly then they can do one. He tried to mug off the reporter bloke (sorry forgot his name) to be patient with signings and we signed sod all. His just as bad as all the rest of the network shite but because his English it's the best we can do. Any manager that decides to work for these lot are no hopers and can do one.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Leuth said:

Yep - get the top scorer off the pitch. Get Foley back in the team, persist with Crofts. Just dont let Jackson play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Somewhere a bit more attacking minded but even they would fare no better because of who runs the circus.
  • Options

Agree the squad isn't good enough but he is too negative and a reactive not proactive manager. His tactics and substitutions are baffling to say the least and with the squad we have should be doing a lot, lot better. There's a reason why he has never achieved a promotion.

Really? Guess I just don't see any real quality in the squad. Bauer, Holmes & Lookman, that's about it really, midfield are woeful, strikers look average and it's a thin squad. I agree though he's not good enough to turn them into a decent team unit.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Yep - get the top scorer off the pitch. Get Foley back in the team, persist with Crofts. Just dont let Jackson play.
    Crofts did ten times more than Jackson today. DON'T get Foley back - a midfield of Crofts and Ulvestad might eventually work out as long as they've got good options on either side and two hungry strikers.
  • Options

Lookman was Championship young player last season and can't get a start in League 1? He should be first on the teamsheet for any team down here, bonkers.

I think that's more to do with a 4th game in 10 days and another on Saturday.
    He's 18 and needs to be managed or he could burn out.

Or at least that's what a manager like Curbs said about his young players.

• Options
    Big Sam needs a job.
  • Options

Coming to a ground near you soon...
  • Options
    He's terrible, but the alternative would probably be worse
  • Options

Slade is fucking awful

Not disagreeing, the oxford game was pretty dull, But who else was available and wanted the job.
  • Options
    Russell Slade's not suddenly become unimaginative and limited. Look at his management career. He's always been like that! And given he was the best they could find at a time of year managers are looking to move (as opposed to be available because they have been sacked) who the hell would the SMT appoint if they dumped him? Yeh, I know, Jose bloody Riga again.