Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slade out

Comments

• Options
    Slade is fuckin clueless he ain't got a scoobie, just stands there with his hands in his pockets utter shite.
  • Options
    Slade should have done a lot better at Cardiff with the players at his disposal, but could only finish mid table. Can't see him doing much with our current squad.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Lookman was Championship young player last season and can't get a start in League 1? He should be first on the teamsheet for any team down here, bonkers.

I think that's more to do with a 4th game in 10 days and another on Saturday.
    He's 18 and needs to be managed or he could burn out.

Or at least that's what a manager like Curbs said about his young players.

Fair enough, he's been on the bench every game I've seen - but can see he's playing now. Maybe that was post-England U19s spell as I've missed the last couple.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

He's terrible, but the alternative would probably be worse

Agent Slade is doing a fine job against the Regime.

• Options

I'd keep Slade (who else would we get + the owner won't pay for a top manager + WE NEED STABILITY) maybe get in a loanee or unattached player or two + continue to grind out results and gradually get back a bit of confidence.

There are no loanees to be had before January 1st, Simon - and any unattached players will be hopelessly unfit and will take month to get them up to match fitness.
    That's assuming there's any budget for them.

Remember we're paying much of the wages of SEVEN players currently out on loan or on gardening leave.
    And they are each on very good money.

• Options
    Russell Slade is a fat useless prick. The owners are also useless pricks. Our midfield are also useless pricks.

The outlook ain't great.
  • Options
    I knew he was a dud as soon as he signed a three year deal

They only give long contracts to the useless
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

I'd keep Slade (who else would we get + the owner won't pay for a top manager + WE NEED STABILITY) maybe get in a loanee or unattached player or two + continue to grind out results and gradually get back a bit of confidence.

There are no loanees to be had before January 1st, Simon - and any unattached players will be hopelessly unfit and will take month to get them up to match fitness.
    That's assuming there's any budget for them.

Remember we're paying much of the wages of SEVEN players currently out on loan or on gardening leave.
    And they are each on very good money.

Stand corrected on the loanees......
  • Options

Carter said:

You are all fucking nuts. Slade, Mourinho, Wenger whoever will be able to do no more with the constraints the toilets currently incumbent at the wheel are insistent on.

I don't blame slade I think he's a puppet same as those who came and went before with the exception of Powell

Yes they would. Compare our squad with those for Fleetwood, Wimbledon, Oxford or Oldham, we should be doing as lot better
    It's not balanced though, is it?

Your best 11 players don't necessarily give you your best team.
    Especially when 6 of them are centre backs and you've no central midfielders.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Carter said:

You are all fucking nuts. Slade, Mourinho, Wenger whoever will be able to do no more with the constraints the toilets currently incumbent at the wheel are insistent on.

I don't blame slade I think he's a puppet same as those who came and went before with the exception of Powell

Yes they would. Compare our squad with those for Fleetwood, Wimbledon, Oxford or Oldham, we should be doing as lot better

But who have these teams got in centre midfield? None of them have star players that we or bigger names were after, just good honest pros. if we had bought any of their central midfielders in the summer, we'd have been howling at the lack of ambition.

Sometimes it's about the coaching and tactics as much as the players.
  • Options
    Willing to give Slade some more time, but 2 wins in 10 league games, is not good enough.
  • Options

Slade should have done a lot better at Cardiff with the players at his disposal, but could only finish mid table. Can't see him doing much with our current squad.

Looks like he did do a good job at Cardiff, considering they're sitting 23rd in the league at the moment.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Carter said:

But who have these teams got in centre midfield? None of them have star players that we or bigger names were after, just good honest pros. if we had bought any of their central midfielders in the summer, we'd have been howling at the lack of ambition.

Sometimes it's about the coaching and tactics as much as the players.
    True ..... but most games we rely on 3 players 32-34 years old in midfield - and often played together, they are expected to compete with younger, quicker, fitter players.
    There's room for 1 old head with his experience but he'll need the other 3 midfielders to do much of his legwork.

It's about balance, players need to compliment each other within the team and game plan.
    It's not about having star players, it's about having a team that combines well together.

What did Curbs used to say ..... About having a team greater than the sum of its parts?
    It's what these other League One managers are striving for with their bunch of journeymen and youngsters.

Why aren't we doing the same?
  • Options
    I'm hoping we find a player from our youth ranks to save us, in the Lee Bowyer , Scott Parker mould!! Very very very wishful thinking I know!
  • Options
    I don't want Slade going anywhere.

Why can't we have one season where we don't have three managers ffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nobby or the return of Karel or Mowgli would at least unite the fans again and up the protests and pressure against the regime.... So possibly for the long term future of the club putting some Belgian half wit in charge right now would be the best thing that could happen.
  • Options
    Chris Powell won promotion in his first full season as manager. Slade still searching for one after 22 years.
  • Options

I'd almost actually prefer Nobby Vinegar. He might try to win a game. Slade is a boring no mark who has achieved nothing. Only gave him the time of day as he wasn't a network stooge. Club has gone to hell in a handcart.

Be careful what you wish for. Nobby's waiting in the wings.
  • Options

Seriously. I'd give it to Johnnie Jackson right now.

With all due respect, all that will do is lose the guys decent reputation with the club. The backing isn't there for any manager to succeed.
  • Options

I'd almost actually prefer Nobby Vinegar. He might try to win a game. Slade is a boring no mark who has achieved nothing. Only gave him the time of day as he wasn't a network stooge. Club has gone to hell in a handcart.

He is a stooge of the regime. He bought into their world the moment he took an interest in the job.
    God knows why people thought he would bring something different just because he is English.
    He is just a third division manager with a very strange employer and one who wanted someone else.
  • Options
    His faith in Crofts will be his undoing - central midfield (as always) is astonishingly poor
  • Options

Driesen.

Good call,Driesen must have his pre-ordered copy of FIFA 17 now so give him a few days and he'll be up to speed.