Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bromley Addicks with KM tomorrow?

Comments

• Options

seth plum said:

So which is the next 'fan group' to be invited?

West Country Branch is on the agenda and I've put in request to attend this and question the CEO.
    Haven't yet heard which game but before Christmas seems likely.

Before attending I'll study fully the Bromley Addicks report on their meeting.

Like many I subscribe to the view that there is no future for Meire or Duchatelet at this Club so any questions really have to be designed to tease out her exit strategy given that she has not yet felt the need to resign, and to get a little more with regard to the existence or otherwise of RDs long-term plan. It is far from sufficient simply to say 'we are not selling'. If not, then what is in place as a Plan B given that FFP has collapsed and the Club has regressed in the 2.5 years of current ownership rather than prospered.

Bromley Addicks may have already asked of Meire many of the difficult questions so it may be that we need to be inventive with ours but IMO we need to reflect (by dint of question rather than statement) the general feeling as I understand it that Meire has long outstayed her welcome and should do the honourable thing for once and resign as there can surely be no reconciliation with the majority of fans which she has treated with contempt and/or driven away from The Valley in their thousands.

Get her to visit the west country for the meeting. It's a very dangerous place with slurry pits big enough to loose KM, big bollox and four meatheads.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

seth plum said:

So which is the next 'fan group' to be invited?

West Country Branch is on the agenda and I've put in request to attend this and question the CEO.
    Haven't yet heard which game but before Christmas seems likely.

Before attending I'll study fully the Bromley Addicks report on their meeting.

Like many I subscribe to the view that there is no future for Meire or Duchatelet at this Club so any questions really have to be designed to tease out her exit strategy given that she has not yet felt the need to resign, and to get a little more with regard to the existence or otherwise of RDs long-term plan. It is far from sufficient simply to say 'we are not selling'. If not, then what is in place as a Plan B given that FFP has collapsed and the Club has regressed in the 2.5 years of current ownership rather than prospered.

Bromley Addicks may have already asked of Meire many of the difficult questions so it may be that we need to be inventive with ours but IMO we need to reflect (by dint of question rather than statement) the general feeling as I understand it that Meire has long outstayed her welcome and should do the honourable thing for once and resign as there can surely be no reconciliation with the majority of fans which she has treated with contempt and/or driven away from The Valley in their thousands.
    Get her to visit the west country for the meeting. It's a very dangerous place with slurry pits big enough to loose KM, big bollox and four meatheads.
    Not sure the hired muscle has ever been outside the M25. And suspect Squirrel Face thinks the West Country is Fulham and the King's Road.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Redskin said:

sorry, was there a vote of confidence in her at the end? I'm assuming if so that she left knowing the strength of feeling against her.

I was sitting with the lad at the back of the directors' box and directly behind KM. When she turned up to take her seat she looked - and I'm not being dramatic here - positively shell- shocked.
    I think she'd got the message...

This. I was sat very near the Directors area and thought she looked close to tears when she arrived. Momentarily I felt sorry for her, then she turned and tried to stare down a load of supporters and I remembered she brings all of this on herself and all sympathy evaporated.
    Should have not got as far as momentarily.
  • Options
    Well done Bromley addicks, she's on the brink here. Now where is Varney with that consortium ...
  • Options
    Reckon a few North Korean flags, or some simple leafleting, at the Football Business Awards may be enough to tip her over?

If the Bromley Addicks meeting really did mess her up, and we have a degree of success in hitting Centre Circle and getting them investigated before the next home match, then suddenly SE7 may seem more unwelcoming than ever. If her attempts at adding a few bullet points to her CV become too difficult then she may just decide to jack it in.

With what we know about Roland, he picks young people and gives them a chance - with seeming limitless loyalty to be fair - but if his young protege CEO resigns in another country without any network replacements, and the club is pissing away money and gaining endless negative attention... Surely it's time to sell? Besides, he doesn't even need to do failure that way: Katrien was the failure when she resigned, not Sir Roland Turing.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Reckon a few North Korean flags, or some simple leafleting, at the Football Business Awards may be enough to tip her over?

If the Bromley Addicks meeting really did mess her up, and we have a degree of success in hitting Centre Circle and getting them investigated before the next home match, then suddenly SE7 may seem more unwelcoming than ever. If her attempts at adding a few bullet points to her CV become too difficult then she may just decide to jack it in.

With what we know about Roland, he picks young people and gives them a chance - with seeming limitless loyalty to be fair - but if his young protege CEO resigns in another country without any network replacements, and the club is pissing away money and gaining endless negative attention... Surely it's time to sell? Besides, he doesn't even need to do failure that way: Katrien was the failure when she resigned, not Sir Roland Turing.

Roland Dutchatalet is a menace to football. He is a nemesis to football.

Things like this sound over the top, but the bloke is pure poison. A gradual spreading virus that may at one point, consume the victim until its forced to fight back. Football clubs are the unfortunate sufferers.

I think he's very close to being the current worst owner in english football.

Roland has alot more money then most owners in this division or the one above. Imagine if he was actually struggling like the last lot we had. How bad would it be then? (And he didn't sell)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

She did say she wouldn't sell Lookman in this January transfer window.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/13336/charlton-set-sell-star-young-duo-january-transfer-window/
    You mean KM could be telling lies..??

Never
  • Options

I refuse to believe it. Meire promised that Lookman wouldn't be sold in January and she doesn't lie.

Ok, I'm being facetious. Meire lies more often than she tells the truth.

Poor old Sue Perks is in for a surprise, when she tells her, that she's never liked her and has been using her as a shield for nearly 3 years.

"How can we stand in the way of a player if he wants to leave" will be the line thrown out!!
  • Options

I refuse to believe it. Meire promised that Lookman wouldn't be sold in January and she doesn't lie.

Poor old Sue Perks is in for a surprise, when she tells her, that she's never liked her and has been using her as a shield for nearly 3 years.

"How can we stand in the way of a player if he wants to leave" will be the line thrown out!!
    Easy with Lookman. Much more difficult with Esri
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    rikofold said:

Not really... "Any side like [Enter Premier League team here] would be difficult to turn down and we didnt want to stand in Ezri's way of his dreams of playing at the highest level at the earliest opportunity"
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Lookman does not want to leave.
  • Options

I think most of us are resigned to losing lookman, the question is whether Robinson will be given sufficient funds to strengthen the team.
    We are about to find out if they are serious about going for promotion or not

Which is why I think The Valley protests are best put on hold until the end of January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has KM actually stated somewhere that Lookman wouldn't be sold in Jan?
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Sarcasm is lost on some people.

Lookman is easy to stand in the way of as he is small. Konsa, not so small.

Don't worry @rikofold, your humour wasn't wasted on me.
  • Options

rikofold said:

Not really... "Any side like [Enter Premier League team here] would be difficult to turn down and we didnt want to stand in Ezri's way of his dreams of playing at the highest level at the earliest opportunity"
    WOOOSHHHH!
  • Options
    And so it begins......

Wonder how much Karlo will get from the sales' kitty .
  • Options

I do wonder why this has been leaked to the SLP now?

OK, good young players likely to leave league 1 club who have policy of selling good young players is hardly news.

But why would De Cloob leak this?

The cynic is me says either

1. They are trying to soften the blow in January

or

2. They don't plan to sell but want to give the impression that they fought off buyers and so can say "aren't we wonderful" (see turning down Lookman deal in August)

or

3. They haven't got a clue and have lied to Robinson

Number 3 all day long

And so it begins......

Wonder how much Karlo will get from the sales' kitty .

zero