Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bromley Addicks with KM tomorrow?

Comments

• Options

£50m of debt (she didn't challenge or correct that figure given by CE) is OK as the club isn't for sale.

We have "financial stability" so the 50m doesn't matter according to KM.

50m debt is the average for championship clubs she claimed (no idea if this is true) but as was pointed out to her we're in league 1.

This was in response to a question about their stated aim (at VIP meeting) to break even.

KM admitted it was impossible to break even outside the premier league (which I think 98% of people other than KM, David Joyes and Roland realised long ago).

Does this mean that their new British approach is in response to realising this?
    It's now a game of "Shit, lets just get back up and sell asap".

My honest thoughts are that he will sell if we don't go back up this season. Only 34 games to go!
  • Options
    Good feedback. Thank you.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

Just out of interest, is the bloke over on the right-hand side still alive. He looks like he thinks his sandwich might have been poisoned!
    That would be me.. I am still alive :-)
    As Daisy is determined to take out her enemies,
    Were you the guinea pig for your Dad ?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Glad you got out alive Henners with the lack of early communication, I was worried that you were being held hostage and force fed with Sue Perks crab paste vol au vents.............in all seriousness well done to all of you and thanks for the feedback :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AB - elucidate please
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

The fact that Charlton fans are still willing to sit down and talk to them is weird.

A phrase I don't like using, but in fairness to her she is prepared to face fans when she knows it will hardly be a fun part of the day. To many she is damned if she ignores fans and damned if she meets with them.

My criticism would be with what she says. Asking why people keep going on about the past implies some kind of disconnect on her part with it, as if she inherited the issues. She actually caused many of them and to many she is the symbol of all that has gone wrong.

Still not sure if the meetings are a genuine attempt to engage with fans or simply part of the new PR campaign, enabling her when she finally meets with the media (who she regards in pretty much the same way as Donald Trump does) to say she has met with a wide variety of supporters etc ...
  • Options
    What KM telling "porkies" surely not!
  • Options

What KM telling "porkies" surely not!

Very good, I see what you did there :smiley:
  • Options
    I am a tiny bit confused about one point. Was KM keen to talk about our history, presumably to learn something, or was her line to dismiss our history?
    If it was to find out more, then it is the opposite to what she said before in her Belgium interview, if it was to dismiss the past in an effort to declare a fresh start to everything then it confirms the Belgium interview.
  • Options

£50m of debt (she didn't challenge or correct that figure given by CE) is OK as the club isn't for sale.

50m debt is the average for championship clubs she claimed (no idea if this is true) but as was pointed out to her we're in league 1.

This was in response to a question about their stated aim (at VIP meeting) to break even.

KM admitted it was impossible to break even outside the premier league (which I think 98% of people other than KM, David Joyes and Roland realised long ago).

Not true.
    My guess is that what AB is alluding to is that virtually "everything" is for sale ...if the price is right.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I am a tiny bit confused about one point. Was KM keen to talk about our history, presumably to learn something, or was her line to dismiss our history?
    If it was to find out more, then it is the opposite to what she said before in her Belgium interview, if it was to dismiss the past in an effort to declare a fresh start to everything then it confirms the Belgium interview.

She wasn't keen to talk about our history, it was more of a sound bite. A common trick as it makes her look as though she has learnt from her previous mistakes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I wouldn't say she was keen to talk about our history, but I think she tried to make a point that she does have some awareness and both her & TK said they knew that the fans cared more than them (because they are only employees), which is true & fair comment.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I do feel that Bromley Addicts took a gamble turning up on the Very day when the 1st real protest of the season was arranged?

Even if it was already booked, you could have done what Daisy did to Peter Varney and say you had more important business to attend to and cancelled at the last moment ?

You must of known it was a lost cause and the CEO is Persona non grata.

The fact that all bridges have now been burnt and you put your views across in a strident manner ensures KM can't get any kudos from the meeting.
  • Options
    She did say she wouldn't sell Lookman in this January transfer window.
  • Options

I pointed out to Meire, that broadly speaking Charlton are as big a club as half of The Premiership.
    Whilst we have no divine right to be in The Prem, our aim should be to compete with these clubs and not be their feeder.
    Meire said that we weren't a feeder club for the Prem and pointed out that we hadn't sold Lookman and had only reluctantly sold Gomez.

I asked her whether this meant, she had changed one of her stated aims, but never got a reply in all the hulabalooo.

But we did sell Gudmundsson and Pope to Burnley and Cousins to QPR. We were in the same division as both of those clubs last season.
  • Options

Not true.
    Hope. Can you give any more info on this?