Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bromley Addicks with KM tomorrow?

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:

INGSOC Red Book

That book is brilliant Stig
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Hang on. Didn't the East Kent mob get slaughtered on here for going to meet them?

But now it's Bromley it's all ok? How's that work then?

Hmmmm.......

No, EKA got slaughtered on here for meeting them without any publicity or ability to join before and then for not reporting anything from the meeting except for allowing their chair to be quoted as being supportive of the ownership regime.

So, in fact, the exact opposite to Bromley Addicks stance I think.

As you know as you seem clever enough.

But don't let that get in the way of a good stir!
    Lol, perish the thought that someone might question the wisdom or motives of Bromley going to a meeting when CARD and the Trust have previously turned down meetings.

Not a great deal of diffence between this and east Kent it seems to me, but then I guess I must be "stirring" for even daring to suggest such a thing.

Splitters
    The difference is we are Bromley Addicks and do not have the same setup as EKA. We will not suck up to or hang on every word of that Katy and Co spin us.
    Oh right, so you're better than them? Some sort of elite supporters group? I wasn't aware of that. Apologies.

That may even be true and I hope that you're right about not sucking up, but surely you can see that to some of us who maybe aren't completely up to speed with supporters group politics might not be able to perceive a great deal of difference between one group talking to them and another?

As has been pointed out, it still gives the regime the opportunity to hind behind a veneer of credibility in that they can claim to be "engaging with fans".

Talk or don't talk. But this splitting of the support can never be a good thing, in my opinion, and plays into their hands.
    I will be telling her face to face what the majority of fans think & telling her to go.

You'll be doing ?
    Good for you. I still think it's misguided, but good luck to you and I hope you give her both barrels, reload, then give her two more.

Me? I will be at home. After being a season ticket holder for 20+ years, doing 4 full seasons of every match home and away (including the Anglo Italian away games), getting a lift home from Boro away on a Tuesday night on the team coach, spending thousands and thousands of pounds on the club I support, Giving up time I should really have spent with my family to travel to some god forsaken northern hell hole, I came to make the gut wrenching decision that I just couldn't give them another penny, which meant my dad and my son also didn't renew. Three generations of fans have gone, just like that.

When they go I will be back, assuming I'm still alive and haven't taken up another pastime, like croquet or something. Until then I will continue making donations to Card, supporting the Upbeats and stuff like that. But the club aren't getting another penny from me.

If that's alright with you, of course?
    So it's a no then?
    What's a no?
  • Options

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

So let me get this straight, a clear 'no discussions' statement by CARD with the club , but lets all continue to talk via the various supporter groups? Personally I think the talking is needed, but this is not a cohesive approach.

CARD is not the supporters' groups and the supporters' group are not CARD.

It's up to each group to decide whether to accept the invitation and for each individual in that group to decide whether to attend and if so what questions to ask.

Bromley Addicks is a big group, has 100s of members and so as you would expect there is an equally wide range of views in the group and the committee.

I don't see attending as endorsing the regime personally and I hope to make my points about why I disagree with the regime tomorrow.

If that has any value we shall have to wait and see. I'm not holding my breath. I'll be leaving the meeting to join the protest and don't have dilemmas about that.
    This is a not a personal critism of you but this is my point on the impasse we have .Too many groups and too many mixed messages.
    In all seriousness who are card representing then? Sounds mysterious
    We shall see tomorrow, what % of Charlton fans CARD are representing.

Last season I would estimate they were supported by 90%.
    90% on charlton life covered end.

I take it you weren't there when all four stands were singing that they want Roland out?
    And that was all down to card

Don't be daft. CARD couldn't possibly make the vast vast majority of the crowd sing "we want Roland out" if they didn't.

You could not have been there or you wouldn't be saying such nonsense.

No offence intended.
    We will find out later with how many are at the march and how many in the ground.
    Good luck in the meeting don't go getting yourself arrested.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Hang on. Didn't the East Kent mob get slaughtered on here for going to meet them?

Hmmmm.......

No, EKA got slaughtered on here for meeting them without any publicity or ability to join before and then for not reporting anything from the meeting except for allowing their chair to be quoted as being supportive of the ownership regime.

Lol, perish the thought that someone might question the wisdom or motives of Bromley going to a meeting when CARD and the Trust have previously turned down meetings.

Not a great deal of diffence between this and east Kent it seems to me, but then I guess I must be "stirring" for even daring to suggest such a thing.

Splitters
    The difference is we are Bromley Addicks and do not have the same setup as EKA. We will not suck up to or hang on every word of that Katy and Co spin us.
    Oh right, so you're better than them? Some sort of elite supporters group? I wasn't aware of that. Apologies.

That may even be true and I hope that you're right about not sucking up, but surely you can see that to some of us who maybe aren't completely up to speed with supporters group politics might not be able to perceive a great deal of difference between one group talking to them and another?

As has been pointed out, it still gives the regime the opportunity to hind behind a veneer of credibility in that they can claim to be "engaging with fans".

Talk or don't talk. But this splitting of the support can never be a good thing, in my opinion, and plays into their hands.
    I will be telling her face to face what the majority of fans think & telling her to go.

You'll be doing ?
    Good for you. I still think it's misguided, but good luck to you and I hope you give her both barrels, reload, then give her two more.

Me? I will be at home. After being a season ticket holder for 20+ years, doing 4 full seasons of every match home and away (including the Anglo Italian away games), getting a lift home from Boro away on a Tuesday night on the team coach, spending thousands and thousands of pounds on the club I support, Giving up time I should really have spent with my family to travel to some god forsaken northern hell hole, I came to make the gut wrenching decision that I just couldn't give them another penny, which meant my dad and my son also didn't renew. Three generations of fans have gone, just like that.

When they go I will be back, assuming I'm still alive and haven't taken up another pastime, like croquet or something. Until then I will continue making donations to Card, supporting the Upbeats and stuff like that. But the club aren't getting another penny from me.

Like I've often said, this isn't black and white and fans will always have different views and I respect them including yours.

You're actions are fine by me and I'll not call you a splitter for not supporting your team, because I don't think you are.

But, by the same token I should be obliged if you would refrain from calling me a splitter, because I've got the balls to tell her to her face, what the majority of fans think.
    Eh? I haven't got the balls and you have?

I think we'll leave it there mate. Bromley have spoken.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Hmmmm.......

Splitters

You'll be doing ?

Like I've often said, this isn't black and white and fans will always have different views and I respect them including yours.

You're actions are fine by me and I'll not call you a splitter for not supporting your team, because I don't think you are.

But, by the same token I should be obliged if you would refrain from calling me a splitter, because I've got the balls to tell her to her face, what the majority of fans think.

No, I said I've got the balls. I DID NOT SAY YOU HAVEN'T. I'm certain that you do.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Hmmmm.......

Splitters

You'll be doing ?

No, I said I've got the balls. I DID NOT SAY YOU HAVEN'T. I'm certain that you do.
    Ok. My misunderstanding then.

Good luck
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Hmmmm.......

Splitters

You'll be doing ?

Ok. My misunderstanding then.

Good luck
    Thanks. We will fight them as we think fit and between our different approaches, we will get them out.
  • Options
    I think I may have left a sock under her bed a couple of days ago, can somebody ask if she's seen it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Better than some of them for sure, one individual in particular.

Me? I will be at home. After being a season ticket holder for 20+ years, doing 4 full seasons of every match home and away (including the Anglo Italian away games), getting a lift home from Boro away on a Tuesday night on the team coach, spending thousands and thousands of pounds on the club I support, Giving up time I should really have spent with my family to travel to some god forsaken northern hell hole,

But definitely not you, very impressive record one that I cannot compete with.
    Shame on your club for alienating you.
  • Options
    Has squirrel face walked out yet?
  • Options

Has squirrel face walked out yet?

Communications black out all phones were being confiscated on the door keep up Elfs :wink:
  • Options
    edited October 2016

All silence, I reckon they've been got at & @Henry Irving is currently enjoying pre-match hospitality hosted by Sue Perks

He's being held hostage I reckon and the trade off is to call off the protest :open_mouth: .
  • Options

All silence, I reckon they've been got at & @Henry Irving is currently enjoying pre-match hospitality hosted by Sue Perks

As you write HI Was being offered a bite from an apple.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Look at them with their tea & sandwiches......
  • Options
    Health issues have prevented me from attending this meeting but I trust that Bromley members will give the so called CEO a relentless grilling.
  • Options
    No sign of Henners in the first two photos think Covered End is there though.
  • Options

Seems quite straightforward to me. There won't be a consensus in any of these supporters' groups not to attend. It's not in their nature. They are not campaigns or even set up to be political - unlike CARD and CAST. It's not for one viewpoint to dictate to the other.

Is it better if when the group meets the club only the less critical fans are represented or that there is a cross-section? I think the former hands the club a propaganda victory. They can delude themselves they have widespread support because of toadies like Commerford.

If the group as a whole cannot agree not to attend, better they give it to Meire and co straight. The onus is on the critics to make sure they do.

I hope Bromley have a PR surprise planned otherwise I think meeting with them plays into the regime PR machine......."we have met with supporters groups to listen and answer questions, blah, blah, indeed even during the Coventry protests we were meeting with fans, blah blah.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

No sign of Henners in the first two photos think Covered End is there though.

As I say, he's upstairs with Sue enjoying a lovely lunch
    Or upstairs with a lovely lunch enjoying Sue. (See above)
  • Options
    Cant understand why Kevin Foley is there (confirmed on twitter)

Surely that sort of thing was done the other night when Rudd and Novak visited Bromley?