Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bromley Addicks with KM tomorrow?

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:

T.C.E said:

Plus let's not forget Cahones contribution tomorrow, he's been working hard this eveningimage

I think Perks has already polished that one off.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

The SMT are well aware of the feelings behind those in CARD. The clue is in the name of the group.

However, if they are hearing the same message time and time again from the various supporters groups - and yes they had some serious negative feedback from the EKA group - it can only reinforce to them how the vast majority of supporters feel about their tenure.

#wrongclub

So if the various supporters groups "join" CARD wouldn't it ram home exactly the message you are suggesting without the need to meet the SMT and feed the regime PR machine time after time?
  • Options
    How do you join CARD?

Is there an application form?

The idea of the various regional supporters groups meeting the SMT is to reinforce the strength of feeling - and I believe none have turned down that opportunity.

Some supporters believe the owner has changed tack this season with the appointment of a British manager and players with experience at this level and higher in England. Not everyone in those supporters groups are boycotting and they have the right to question the SMT.

I believe it's important that some conduit with the fans is left open.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Filming security frisking people for mobile phones on entry would be amusing.

I have it on good authority that everyone involved will be strip searched.

Bend over squirrel
    Hahahahahahahahaha

F*** me, I choked on my porridge!

It's bad enough seeing squirrel face smile at the best of times.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:

The power of Charlton Life.

At less than 24 hours notice they have moved the venue to Crossbars which is a terrible venue due to possible noise from people drinking in the bar.

They have also said filming is not allowed. Strange they haven't mentioned this before? We know that they have read this thread and panicked. Blame @WSS ; - )

Sorry, we asked about the rules weeks ago and no mention of no photography or filming so too late to change the rules now.

Pull out
    I must admit, that's how I see it now.

The opportunity I have been given, in conjunction with another fans group, to meet with the SMT at a fans meeting before a game later in the season, will be refused.
    This latest one is just a desperate and pathetic attempt from Katrien Meire to distract from the protests. One more thing for them to report on.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

The power of Charlton Life.

At less than 24 hours notice they have moved the venue to Crossbars which is a terrible venue due to possible noise from people drinking in the bar.

They have also said filming is not allowed. Strange they haven't mentioned this before? We know that they have read this thread and panicked. Blame @WSS ; - )

Sorry, we asked about the rules weeks ago and no mention of no photography or filming so too late to change the rules now.

Pull out
    I must admit, that's how I see it now.

The opportunity I have been given, in conjunction with another fans group, to meet with the SMT at a fans meeting before a game later in the season, will be refused.
    This latest one is just a desperate and pathetic attempt from Katrien Meire to distract from the protests. One more thing for them to report on.
    'Whilst there may have been a number of fans protesting, we were still doing our utmost to achieve dialogue and were, in fact, sitting down with a number of fans when the protests started.'
  • Options

So let me get this straight, a clear 'no discussions' statement by CARD with the club , but lets all continue to talk via the various supporter groups? Personally I think the talking is needed, but this is not a cohesive approach.

CARD is not the supporters' groups and the supporters' group are not CARD.

It's up to each group to decide whether to accept the invitation and for each individual in that group to decide whether to attend and if so what questions to ask.

Bromley Addicks is a big group, has 100s of members and so as you would expect there is an equally wide range of views in the group and the committee.

I don't see attending as endorsing the regime personally and I hope to make my points about why I disagree with the regime tomorrow.

If that has any value we shall have to wait and see. I'm not holding my breath. I'll be leaving the meeting to join the protest and don't have dilemmas about that.
    This is a not a personal critism of you but this is my point on the impasse we have .Too many groups and too many mixed messages.
    In all seriousness who are card representing then? Sounds mysterious
    We shall see tomorrow, what % of Charlton fans CARD are representing.

Last season I would estimate they were supported by 90%.
    90% on charlton life covered end.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Hang on. Didn't the East Kent mob get slaughtered on here for going to meet them?

But now it's Bromley it's all ok? How's that work then?

Hmmmm.......

No, EKA got slaughtered on here for meeting them without any publicity or ability to join before and then for not reporting anything from the meeting except for allowing their chair to be quoted as being supportive of the ownership regime.

So, in fact, the exact opposite to Bromley Addicks stance I think.

As you know as you seem clever enough.

But don't let that get in the way of a good stir!
    Lol, perish the thought that someone might question the wisdom or motives of Bromley going to a meeting when CARD and the Trust have previously turned down meetings.

Not a great deal of diffence between this and east Kent it seems to me, but then I guess I must be "stirring" for even daring to suggest such a thing.

Splitters
    The difference is we are Bromley Addicks and do not have the same setup as EKA. We will not suck up to or hang on every word of that Katy and Co spin us.
  • Options

clb74 said:

So let me get this straight, a clear 'no discussions' statement by CARD with the club , but lets all continue to talk via the various supporter groups? Personally I think the talking is needed, but this is not a cohesive approach.

It's up to each group to decide whether to accept the invitation and for each individual in that group to decide whether to attend and if so what questions to ask.

Bromley Addicks is a big group, has 100s of members and so as you would expect there is an equally wide range of views in the group and the committee.

I don't see attending as endorsing the regime personally and I hope to make my points about why I disagree with the regime tomorrow.

If that has any value we shall have to wait and see. I'm not holding my breath. I'll be leaving the meeting to join the protest and don't have dilemmas about that.
    This is a not a personal critism of you but this is my point on the impasse we have .Too many groups and too many mixed messages.

I take it you weren't there when all four stands were singing that they want Roland out?
    And that was all down to card

• Options

Off_it said:

Hang on. Didn't the East Kent mob get slaughtered on here for going to meet them?

Hmmmm.......

No, EKA got slaughtered on here for meeting them without any publicity or ability to join before and then for not reporting anything from the meeting except for allowing their chair to be quoted as being supportive of the ownership regime.

It was derided as an ego boosting exercise for individuals attending and nothing more than a PR point scoring exercise for Meire and the Senior Management team where challenging questions wouldn't be allowed to be asked though to be fair...

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/74487/members-of-east-kent-addicks-to-meet-km-and-other-senior-club-personnel-at-1-00-on-sat-27-august/p5

• Options

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Hmmmm.......

Lol, perish the thought that someone might question the wisdom or motives of Bromley going to a meeting when CARD and the Trust have previously turned down meetings.

Not a great deal of diffence between this and east Kent it seems to me, but then I guess I must be "stirring" for even daring to suggest such a thing.

Splitters
    The difference is we are Bromley Addicks and do not have the same setup as EKA. We will not suck up to or hang on every word of that Katy and Co spin us.
    Oh right, so you're better than them? Some sort of elite supporters group? I wasn't aware of that. Apologies.

That may even be true and I hope that you're right about not sucking up, but surely you can see that to some of us who maybe aren't completely up to speed with supporters group politics might not be able to perceive a great deal of difference between one group talking to them and another?

As has been pointed out, it still gives the regime the opportunity to hind behind a veneer of credibility in that they can claim to be "engaging with fans".

Talk or don't talk. But this splitting of the support can never be a good thing, in my opinion, and plays into their hands.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    to be faitr off-it I dont know any of the east kent branch so can't really comment on that, I do know some of Bromley Branch and they wont full for any bullshit
  • Options
    edited October 2016

I will be attending and not for the first time, I will make it as plain as possible, face to face, that they are not wanted, will never be wanted and should sell up for the benefit of everyone.

I shall then join the protests outside and inside the ground.

Good man. And if you happen to see Tony could you give him a nice big high 5 in the face from me!
    No fecking cake for you young man, if you lot carry on I can see big tone not making the effort to come to these meetings. Bullying is not big and it's not clever. ;)
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

I take it you weren't there when all four stands were singing that they want Roland out?

Didn't say that.

They are an organisation aimed at getting Roland out, and last season there were times that almost an entire stadium made that same sentiment.

So it's not exactly true to infer that they are mainly just supported on CL.
  • Options

to be faitr off-it I dont know any of the east kent branch so can't really comment on that, I do know some of Bromley Branch and they wont full for any bullshit

Well i hope you're right Steve, really I do. But when Card and the Trust have already turned down meetings, why exactly are they going? For what purpose?To vent their collective spleens? To smash the place up from the inside? Fair enough if that's the case.

But as someone who doesn't really go in for or understand all this intra supporters group shit slinging and one upmanship I really don't get it. Smacks a bit of self importance to me, but there you go.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Hmmmm.......

Splitters
    Oh right, so you're better than them? Some sort of elite supporters group? I wasn't aware of that. Apologies.

That may even be true and I hope that you're right about not sucking up, but surely you can see that to some of us who maybe aren't completely up to speed with supporters group politics might not be able to perceive a great deal of difference between one group talking to them and another?

As has been pointed out, it still gives the regime the opportunity to hind behind a veneer of credibility in that they can claim to be "engaging with fans".

Talk or don't talk. But this splitting of the support can never be a good thing, in my opinion, and plays into their hands.
    I will be telling her face to face what the majority of fans think & telling her to go.

You'll be doing ?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

CARD couldn't possibly make the vast vast majority of the crowd sing "we want Roland out" if they didn't.

You could not have been there or you wouldn't be saying this.

No offence intended.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Hmmmm.......

Splitters

I will be telling her face to face what the majority of fans think & telling her to go.

You'll be doing ?
    Good for you. I still think it's misguided, but good luck to you and I hope you give her both barrels, reload, then give her two more.

Me? I will be at home. After being a season ticket holder for 20+ years, doing 4 full seasons of every match home and away (including the Anglo Italian away games), getting a lift home from Boro away on a Tuesday night on the team coach, spending thousands and thousands of pounds on the club I support, Giving up time I should really have spent with my family to travel to some god forsaken northern hell hole, I came to make the gut wrenching decision that I just couldn't give them another penny, which meant my dad and my son also didn't renew. Three generations of fans have gone, just like that.

When they go I will be back, assuming I'm still alive and haven't taken up another pastime, like croquet or something. Until then I will continue making donations to Card, supporting the Upbeats and stuff like that. But the club aren't getting another penny from me.

If that's alright with you, of course?
    So it's a no then?