Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bromley Addicks with KM tomorrow?

Comments

• RedChaser said:

Cant understand why Kevin Foley is there (confirmed on twitter)

Surely that sort of thing was done the other night when Rudd and Novak visited Bromley?

Perhaps JJ refused this time :open_mouth: .
    Or they've realised it would be awkward asking him to give a repeat account of his penalty miss against Rochdale
  • RedChaser said:

Cant understand why Kevin Foley is there (confirmed on twitter)

Surely that sort of thing was done the other night when Rudd and Novak visited Bromley?

Perhaps JJ refused this time :open_mouth: .
    Or they've realised it would be awkward asking him to give a repeat account of his penalty miss against Rochdale
    Nah they don't do compassion :smirk: .
    cafc999 said:

That wasn't easy for KM or TK lol

• Any reports on what was said?
  • edited October 2016
    As the Mel Baroni Episode was the final straw for me, is any of the Bromley addicts who were at the meeting today, going to tell the story of the mass Meerkat stand up protest at the end of proceedings ?
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

So let me get this straight, a clear 'no discussions' statement by CARD with the club , but lets all continue to talk via the various supporter groups? Personally I think the talking is needed, but this is not a cohesive approach.

CARD is not the supporters' groups and the supporters' group are not CARD.

It's up to each group to decide whether to accept the invitation and for each individual in that group to decide whether to attend and if so what questions to ask.

Bromley Addicks is a big group, has 100s of members and so as you would expect there is an equally wide range of views in the group and the committee.

I don't see attending as endorsing the regime personally and I hope to make my points about why I disagree with the regime tomorrow.

If that has any value we shall have to wait and see. I'm not holding my breath. I'll be leaving the meeting to join the protest and don't have dilemmas about that.
    This is a not a personal critism of you but this is my point on the impasse we have .Too many groups and too many mixed messages.
    In all seriousness who are card representing then? Sounds mysterious
    We shall see tomorrow, what % of Charlton fans CARD are representing.

Last season I would estimate they were supported by 90%.
    90% on charlton life covered end.

I take it you weren't there when all four stands were singing that they want Roland out?
    And that was all down to card

Don't be daft. CARD couldn't possibly make the vast vast majority of the crowd sing "we want Roland out" if they didn't.

You could not have been there or you wouldn't be saying such nonsense.

No offence intended.
    We will find out later with how many are at the march and how many in the ground.
    Good luck in the meeting don't go getting yourself arrested.
    Guess we found out, eh.
  • Sorry rikofold have they been arrested or was there over 6000 on the march
  • Sponsored links:

• I would say that although there were at a guess, only about 8,000 Charlton fans actually there today, as with last season, the vast majority stood up on numerous occasions, to chant, "we want Roland out."

This was exactly the same as last season, just less fans there.

Personally, I didn't see or hear one dissenting voice to the protests in the Upper North (obviously there would have been some somewhere).
  • I would say that although there were at a guess, only about 8,000 Charlton fans actually there today, as with last season, the vast majority stood up on numerous occasions, to chant, "we want Roland out."

Personally, I didn't see or hear one dissenting voice to the protests in the Upper North (obviously there would have been some somewhere).

For a minute CE thought you and the others had been arrested
  • We all look forward to the drip-feed.
  • Were the 4 top secret bodyguards there?
  • Henry Irving was taking notes, I'll let him enlighten everyone.

All I'll say is Meire was given a proper grilling and there was no holding back.

Ooo err missus!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes one of the guys with us today attended and fed back it was quite difficult to watch but deserved, however katrien reacted like water off a ducks back and just spoke in lawyer speak.

Was in the back of the East Stand, woman and two blokes behind me.

As we threw the pigs on the pitch and sang 'Stand up if you want them out', her refrain was 'Stand up if you have no brain'.

Looked round but she acted as if she never said it and could not look me in the eye. The two blokes tried to look hard and talked about how we were wasting our time. Heard nothing more from them for the rest of the game though.

No bodyguards there.
  • edited October 2016

My mole tells me there was a vote of no confidence in Henry Meire

There was and tbh it was about 50/50, but some "ladies" said they were too embarrassed to stand up to say they wanted RD/KM out.

I'd hazard a guess a private vote would have been more against the regime, but who knows.
  • stonemuse said:

I would say that although there were at a guess, only about 8,000 Charlton fans actually there today, as with last season, the vast majority stood up on numerous occasions, to chant, "we want Roland out."

Was in the back of the East Stand, woman and two blokes behind me.

As we threw the pigs on the pitch and sang 'Stand up if you want them out', her refrain was 'Stand up if you have no brain'.

Looked round but she acted as if she never said it and could not look me in the eye. The two blokes tried to look hard and talked about how we were wasting our time. Heard nothing more from them for the rest of the game though.
    That sounds like the woman sat behind us at Oxford, whispering snide comments every time someone stood up to protest.
    I wish they would stand up and explain exactly why they support these numb nuts because can't work out why.

Too busy stirring trouble behind the West Stand. That went well for them ...
  • Sorry but if any Women or men didn't bollock them grow some balls,