Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bromley Addicks with KM tomorrow?

Comments

• Options

The power of Charlton Life.

At less than 24 hours notice they have moved the venue to Crossbars which is a terrible venue due to possible noise from people drinking in the bar.

They have also said filming is not allowed. Strange they haven't mentioned this before? We know that they have read this thread and panicked. Blame @WSS ; - )

Sorry, we asked about the rules weeks ago and no mention of no photography or filming so too late to change the rules now.

Pull out
  • Options
    I think that's unfair.

While Katrien Meire is clearly incompetent and not fit to be an executive of any business, I've heard she can be quite personable one on one and I'm sure she could be repurposed (to use a dreadful Americanism) and lead a happy and fulfilling life in another role.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Uboat said:

Henry, I know these things are not always easy, but if you could conclude by saying 'You bought the wrong club', then drop the mic and walk out, that would be much appreciated. Assuming that there will not be a mic you will have to either improvise or mime.

'Can you Smelllla what the Henners is cooking?'

What? No? In that case..........
  • Options

I think that's unfair.

While Katrien Meire is clearly incompetent and not fit to be an executive of any business, I've heard she can be quite personable one on one and I'm sure she could be repurposed (to use a dreadful Americanism) and lead a happy and fulfilling life in another role.

Heck. Repurposed. I hope I don't hear or see that word while I'm still alive on this planet.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Henry, I know these things are not always easy, but if you could conclude by saying 'You bought the wrong club', then drop the mic and walk out, that would be much appreciated. Assuming that there will not be a mic you will have to either improvise or mime.

Seeing as alot of people think that its a farce, Henners could drop his trousers in homarge to Brian Rix
  • Options
    It's my favourite worst word.
  • Options

I think that's unfair.

She would make a brilliant internet troll.
  • Options
    Hang on. Didn't the East Kent mob get slaughtered on here for going to meet them?

But now it's Bromley it's all ok? How's that work then?

Hmmmm.......
  • Options
    Has there been a single occasion when any Charlton fan has come away from a meeting with the SMT feeling satisfied, that it was a really worthwhile meeting?, Just once??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

stonemuse said:

Good thing you have a secret camera on your club tie.

You missed a trick by saying tie rather than another item of clothing : - )
    Has there ever been such a thing as a club cardigan?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

stonemuse said:

• Options
    aliwibble said:

stonemuse said:

No but there is a cardigan hall and Henry's going there after the match to watch a bird flying about.

Must be avery hill area.
  • Options

So let me get this straight, a clear 'no discussions' statement by CARD with the club , but lets all continue to talk via the various supporter groups? Personally I think the talking is needed, but this is not a cohesive approach.

CARD is not the supporters' groups and the supporters' group are not CARD.

It's up to each group to decide whether to accept the invitation and for each individual in that group to decide whether to attend and if so what questions to ask.

Bromley Addicks is a big group, has 100s of members and so as you would expect there is an equally wide range of views in the group and the committee.

I don't see attending as endorsing the regime personally and I hope to make my points about why I disagree with the regime tomorrow.

If that has any value we shall have to wait and see. I'm not holding my breath. I'll be leaving the meeting to join the protest and don't have dilemmas about that.
    This is a not a personal critism of you but this is my point on the impasse we have .Too many groups and too many mixed messages.
    In all seriousness who are card representing then? Sounds mysterious
  • Options

So let me get this straight, a clear 'no discussions' statement by CARD with the club , but lets all continue to talk via the various supporter groups? Personally I think the talking is needed, but this is not a cohesive approach.

It's up to each group to decide whether to accept the invitation and for each individual in that group to decide whether to attend and if so what questions to ask.

Bromley Addicks is a big group, has 100s of members and so as you would expect there is an equally wide range of views in the group and the committee.

I don't see attending as endorsing the regime personally and I hope to make my points about why I disagree with the regime tomorrow.

If that has any value we shall have to wait and see. I'm not holding my breath. I'll be leaving the meeting to join the protest and don't have dilemmas about that.
    This is a not a personal critism of you but this is my point on the impasse we have .Too many groups and too many mixed messages.
    Can't speak for CARD as I'm not a part of the organising group (but I am a supporter) but I don't think they claim to "represent" anyone.

They have a clear stance and ask for support which fans can give to whichever degree an in whichever way they choose.

Clearly many thousands do support the aims of CARD as the huge numbers on marches, money raised, shirts sold etc show.

• Options

We shall see tomorrow, what % of Charlton fans CARD are representing.

Last season I would estimate they were supported by 90%.
  • Options
    Of course, but that does not explain the logic of why people are protesting on one view and doing the polar opposite as soon as the club invite them. Not sure I buy CARD are not claiming to represent anyone. Otherwise it's just noise. There has to be the attempt of running one voice and that voice arranging proper dialogue. Supporter groups etc should also speak to CARD not just the club. The club are arranging these meetings and it is simply lip service and they clearly know it.
  • Options

The power of Charlton Life.

At less than 24 hours notice they have moved the venue to Crossbars which is a terrible venue due to possible noise from people drinking in the bar.

They have also said filming is not allowed. Strange they haven't mentioned this before? We know that they have read this thread and panicked. Blame @WSS ; - )

Sorry, we asked about the rules weeks ago and no mention of no photography or filming so too late to change the rules now.

Pull out
    I must admit, that's how I see it now.

The opportunity I have been given, in conjunction with another fans group, to meet with the SMT at a fans meeting before a game later in the season, will be refused.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Quite agree, any sensible person would realise that Henry is on a hiding to nothing with this Q&A. Very limited airtime will be given to pertinent questions. Don't expect any revelations after the meeting and don't shoot Henry for not getting any answers. They will be prepared I am sure.
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Quite agree, any sensible person would realise that Henry is on a hiding to nothing with this Q&A. Very limited airtime will be given to pertinent questions. Don't expect any revelations after the meeting and don't shoot Henry for not getting any answers. They will be prepared I am sure.
    So why go then?
  • Options
    Of course they should attend.

If but one turned up it would still be listed as Bromley attended.

It is importent to give her the same message over and over again - She needs to leave. It may need a lot of repeating to get through that thick skin and scull of hers.

It is another opportunity for her to cock it up again.

It is a great opportunity for fans to tell her exactly what they think of her.

Reading the report will fill the gap where you would be normally be reading the match report but can no longer face it.

Stewards can't be everywhere.
  • Options
    Plus let's not forget Cahones contribution tomorrow, he's been working hard this eveningimage
  • Options

There is a clear distinction, in my mind between the two.

One is a pre planned Q & A opportunity, branch supporter meeting.

The other is an opportunistic attempt to hold peace talks with CARD, prior to the Coventry game, only offered after protests were announced, after more than 2 years of rejecting attempts of dialogue.

However, I'm sure you are already aware.
    But for anyone committed to the CARD route surely the best response would be not to attend a regime PR event and to distance themselves from their supporters group on this particular occasion?

Does anyone who's gone or who are going to these supporters events expect anything good to come from them?
  • Options

T.C.E said:

Are you in attendance Mr @Henry Irving ? ;)

I am.

And there you were warning me not to meet her on the grounds that I wouldn't be able to resist her! Biscuits.
  • Options
    another bunch of self important splitters