Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bromley Addicks with KM tomorrow?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Beardface said:

Can you stand at the back holding an oversized CD player above your head playing "no woman no cry" throughout the meeting?

"Natty Dread" or "Live! version
  • Options

Beardface said:

Can you stand at the back holding an oversized CD player above your head playing "no woman no cry" throughout the meeting?

"Natty Dread" or "Live! version
    Gotta be "Live!"
  • Options

Take a dash cam.

I genuinely thought that said Gash Cam at first . I want me one of those !
  • Options
    It will all end in tears I'm sure. All the best to the fans attending this meeting tomorrow. Make it very uncomfortable for KM & TK
  • Options
    We hope to be able to afford new seats over the summer vacation.
  • Options
    Don't be rude, be friendly.
    But be forensic.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Can you ask KM what cabbles was really like in bed :smile:

@eaststandmike this quite possibly the most unnerving post about me I've ever read on here
    Yeah I know what you mean.

Who the hell calls you Cabbles anymore!!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Be rude.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

But be forensic.

Who, Henry or cobbles?
  • Options
    Can you ask about the hand driers in the Karzys ;)

• Options

Does this mean Bromley addicks are excused from pre match march and protests?

I don't think Katy will be looking forward to tomorrows meeting but I don't think she will say anything encouraging to our course.
    Probably get some sort of presentation followed by a dance around questions asked with little time to nail down any real facts. Which will just confirm to us what we already know about this mob.

Some of us might choose to do both although I'm going to hear The Lark Ascending at the Cadogan Hall in the evening so won't be joining the fun and games afterwards.
    Very nice, Elgar Cello Concerto too.

At least the Coates piece may remind you of what you've missed.
  • Options
    So easy when you write it all down, not so easy in practice when I'm just one of 30+ people there from Bromley Addicks.

I'm sure KM and her PR team will be grateful now they know what to plan for.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

If the issue of mistakes crops up could you ask her "what is the biggest mistake you think you've made and how with hind sight what would you change what you did?" If you can ask it in the style of a contestant on Cilla's Blind Date all the better.

No doubt in my mind...........
  • Options

In all seriousness, there's a few things you need to get if this is going to be a successful meeting:

Get some "facts" (or, if you like, nail them down with some "hard quotes") on some of the more contentious issues.

Get into a situation where you can ensure you dictate the flow - don't allow the politician's 'dancing around the issue' bullshit or the slimy "let's move on" avoidance technique.

Get them to tell you what Roly's plan actually is. What is the strategy (and I mean actual strategy, not what would be quite nice if it happened.) If he's in for the long haul, what will ACTUALLY change? And in what state does he plan to leave the club when he eventually sells?

Get apologies. Not 'mistakes have been made', but real "I'm sorry, I messed up. I am culpable. Let me make it up to you by..."

Get answers about sly filming of supporters.

Get admissions of being not entirely honest.

Get a reaction to the comments of Powell, Dyer, Kermorgant and others. Make it clear that "bitter ex-employee" will not suffice as an answer due to sheer weight of evidence.

Get an admission that, at the very least on some points, the fans were right and the board were wrong. Don't allow the argument that "the media is biased and make everything look like it's shitty shit."

Get explanations. Ask how they think they would view the running of the club if they were on the outside looking in. If they think the image from outside is inaccurate, give reasons why that image is wrong and why we should have any faith, given past events.

Get a comment on whether football is an, ahem, unique business or if it's like a cinema or restaurant.

Get an admission that there need to be wholesale changes that will cost the owner a significant budget simply to fix the damage that has been done and get assurances of support, money and high quality proven staff who will be given absolute control of football matters.

Get an opinion on Charlton Life, ITTV and SE7 Valiants. :wink:

Get a load of other stuff that I can't think of right now due to being a bit worse for wear after a four hour Dubai brunch (aka piss up). :tongue:

If you can't get all of these,

Get them to leave the club.

This

• Sponsored links:

• Options

So easy when you write it all down, not so easy in practice when I'm just one of 30+ people there from Bromley Addicks.

Oh come on Henners. I'm only (sort of) messing in a somewhat pissed manner.

You've made me feel bad now.

Sorry. I'll go and stand in the corner.
    :disappointed:
  • Options
    edited October 2016

T.C.E said:

Are you in attendance Mr @Henry Irving ? ;)

I am.

I will take some photos but don't know if my mobile will be up to filming the whole thing and capturing sound.

And yes, I am going to ask questions and no, I'm not going to just go to listen to KM and TK while eating biscuits

Go Henners, go!
  • Options
    edited October 2016

cabbles said:

Can you ask KM what cabbles was really like in bed :smile:

@eaststandmike this quite possibly the most unnerving post about me I've ever read on here
    Yeah I know what you mean.

Who the hell calls you Cabbles anymore!!
    Nobody, with a Capital 'C', oh hang on a minute I see where you're coming from :wink: .
  • Options
    Chizz said:

seth plum said:

But be forensic.

Who, Henry or cobbles?
    Cobblers?
  • Options

Don't apologise to him.
  • Options

The way they will play it, you will be lucky to get one question in with a 30 second answer. I have the opportunity to go to one of these later in the year but not convinced it is worthwhile.

Will wait to see how the Bromley session pans out.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Don't apologise to him.
    Oh no! Now I've upset you Cabbles!

Sorry.

I tell you what, I'll apologise to everyone now and get it out of the way.

SORRY EVERYONE.

:anguished:
  • Options
    I note that Valley Gold has recently given money to our Women's team could someone please ask how CAFC financially support the women's team?