Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bromley Addicks with KM tomorrow?

Comments

• Options

Cant understand why Kevin Foley is there (confirmed on twitter)

Surely that sort of thing was done the other night when Rudd and Novak visited Bromley?

She couldn't get hold of Jacko so made poor Kevin go instead ;)
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Cant understand why Kevin Foley is there (confirmed on twitter)

Surely that sort of thing was done the other night when Rudd and Novak visited Bromley?

She couldn't get hold of Jacko so made poor Kevin go instead ;)
    Foley was "dismissed" after 5 minutes.

KM did not have an easy ride, although I thought it would have been rougher and her answers more forensically dissected if her responses had not been continually interrupted by the next question.

She'll be aware that the room was not in favour of her and the regime and there were continual calls for talks with Roland. Not everybody stood up, some because they saw it as rude, others such as me not into gesture politics when the point was made.

The anonymous guy that accompanied her (that was Tony Keoghan?) intervened to take questions on Sparrows Lane and promptly waffled on some very basic stuff including the delay of two years, stating it was partly due to relegation then refusing to admit that would be down to money, without giving a sensible reason why relegation caused if.

She made it clear the club is not for sale, also stated that the 1.5% of RD time spent showed that the club was financially stable ... Not quite sure if she justified this as I think both Covered End and Henry Irving followed up with £50 million debt.

At the end, there were calls for her to "just leave" from quite a few including CE.

• Options
    cafc999 said:

When KM was asked 'Have the club lost any sponsor this season?', she replied 'No'

This was followed by gasps of 'wow' and members of her staff looking away in disbelief.

She just cannot stop telling lies when put under small amounts of pressure. Same with Cahones

In fairness, the question was this season.
  • Options
    Also on sponsors she said sponsor income was above the level last time we were in league 1 and only slightly below last year
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Also on sponsors she said sponsor income was above the level last time we were in league 1 and only slightly below last year

If that is true, big if I know, then perhaps a more concerted effort to enlighten sponsors should be considered.
  • Options
    Could it be that some sponsorships are agreed for a fixed period (eg 3 years) so they cannot just pull out but have to wait until their contract is at an end?
  • Options
    Could it be inflation
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are many ways to count the sponsorship income. I've been told that the basic front of shirt deal is lower than Ebbsfleet's but the deal will be tiered and include various bonuses. We didn't have the other kit sponsors in L1 last time as far as I remember.

Similarly they introduced the preferred supplier nonsense, which means more sponsorship income but also higher costs as firms like DJ coaches will claw it back through higher charges.

All these amounts are likely to be trivial in the grand scheme of things and as we know a number of long-term sponsors -Axis, for example - have walked away. I don't think the club will be building that kind of repeat relationship with benefits with Betdaq somehow.
  • Options
    NOT "dining at the top table"
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Keohone sneaking in late, possibly after briefing his "special" stewards

• Options
    The most important question is when you're going to give your Commerford style ringing endorsement of the regime. :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kentred2 said:

The fact that Charlton fans are still willing to sit down and talk to them is weird.

Meaning unique {...}
  • Options
    Thanks for the summaries guys.