Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bromley Addicks with KM tomorrow?

Comments

• edited December 2016

I am loathe to jump to premature conclusions and think that criticising the owners over every single issue dilutes our argument, can appear petty and turns off many to the cause of seeking a change of ownership, a cause I vehemently support.

However this will be interesting to see this unfold in the coming weeks.

Duchatelet's model of nurturing youth, supplemented by recruiting under- valued players, and supported by a network bringing efficiencies to give an advantage over rivals sounded good on paper. The notion of stability and sustainability was also appealing on the back of the post- Curbs turbulence and roulette wheel mismanagement. Add in the cited intention to spend big on infrastructure to support this plan in the form of a brand new academy plus much required investment into the significantly neglected stadium and pitch and even if the pioneer appeared a little obscure, and those charged with executing the strategy unqualified, there was still lingering hope that there was method in the madness.
    However the project hit material stumbling blocks with the relinquished FFP scheme and the loss of Standard Liege and the subsequent abject failure of the executive in alienating a significant proportion of an historically loyal fanbase and the managerial mis- appointments and player recruitment policies that saw us fall down as a club in so many ways beyond the mere league table.

We are led to believe the old politicians favourite that “lessons have been learned” and the appointments of experienced British managers and players who know the leagues have somewhat quelled the vitriol the was so vocal and virulent among the Charlton faithful as Karel Fraye oversaw the decline of our Championship status and the fan base stood largely united against the unmitigated catastrophes unfolding at our club only a relatively short time ago.

The sale of Lookman would indicate that the ambition to return to the Championship asap is perhaps not the immediate objective unless the proceeds were to be given to Robinson as a war chest to fund our march to promotion in the notoriously inefficient and uneconomical January transfer window which is by and large unfruitful for most at the best of times.

This would not make sense when you would be gambling your arguably best asset to try and assemble a stronger team for the remaining months when the owners vast wealth could quite easily see such spending without dispensing with a player apparently key to helping us climb the table and who is under sufficient enough a contract as to not force the club's hand to leave.

Even if he did command a move then it would highlight the inexperience and incompetence of an executive who have communicated with a disenchanted fan base that he is not for sale. Why risk doing that unless you are 100% sure that be the case given the existent mistrust unless you just don’t know what you are doing or simply don’t care (not sure which is worse).

As commendable as it may be the plan does not appear to be working and has thus far yielded far from successful results for the club.

Retaining the likes of Lookman, funding the manager (and backing him in other ways) would be a signal of a departure from the stubbornness to adhere to the masterplan and a withdrawal from the arrogance of believing that consistently making the same mistakes will produce different results if you apply them for long enough.

Murray hailed the arrival of the owner as the days of selling our best young players are gone (apologies if I’ve misinterpreted that or imagined it)

Whilst this is a very simplistic way to view whether there has been any real change in the mind-set I think the January transfer window and its departures and arrivals will be very telling in terms of whether they have at last started to get their act together or as I fear, continue to bluff, blag, spin and fluster their way through another impotent season and an continuation of the cumulative decline of the club.

So, as I said elsewhere. Let's see where we are as a club at the end of January.
  • And so it begins......

Wonder how much Karlo will get from the sales' kitty .

Don't you mean Thomas?
  • edited December 2016
    It's simply a nice little Christmas present to us all, with greetings from Goldfinger and Pussy Galore.
  • Karl has made quite a few comments in his interviews about how important Lookman is, and I don't get the impression it was to inflate the sale price.

Can't imagine he'll be particularly pleased to lose him.
  • edited December 2016

I am loathe to jump to premature conclusions and think that criticising the owners over every single issue dilutes our argument, can appear petty and turns off many to the cause of seeking a change of ownership, a cause I vehemently support.

Duchatelet's model of nurturing youth, supplemented by recruiting under- valued players, and supported by a network bringing efficiencies to give an advantage over rivals sounded good on paper. The notion of stability and sustainability was also appealing on the back of the post- Curbs turbulence and roulette wheel mismanagement. Add in the cited intention to spend big on infrastructure to support this plan in the form of a brand new academy plus much required investment into the significantly neglected stadium and pitch and even if the pioneer appeared a little obscure, and those charged with executing the strategy unqualified, there was still lingering hope that there was method in the madness.
    However the project hit material stumbling blocks with the relinquished FFP scheme and the loss of Standard Liege and the subsequent abject failure of the executive in alienating a significant proportion of an historically loyal fanbase and the managerial mis- appointments and player recruitment policies that saw us fall down as a club in so many ways beyond the mere league table.

We are led to believe the old politicians favourite that “lessons have been learned” and the appointments of experienced British managers and players who know the leagues have somewhat quelled the vitriol the was so vocal and virulent among the Charlton faithful as Karel Fraye oversaw the decline of our Championship status and the fan base stood largely united against the unmitigated catastrophes unfolding at our club only a relatively short time ago.

The sale of Lookman would indicate that the ambition to return to the Championship asap is perhaps not the immediate objective unless the proceeds were to be given to Robinson as a war chest to fund our march to promotion in the notoriously inefficient and uneconomical January transfer window which is by and large unfruitful for most at the best of times.

This would not make sense when you would be gambling your arguably best asset to try and assemble a stronger team for the remaining months when the owners vast wealth could quite easily see such spending without dispensing with a player apparently key to helping us climb the table and who is under sufficient enough a contract as to not force the club's hand to leave.

Even if he did command a move then it would highlight the inexperience and incompetence of an executive who have communicated with a disenchanted fan base that he is not for sale. Why risk doing that unless you are 100% sure that be the case given the existent mistrust unless you just don’t know what you are doing or simply don’t care (not sure which is worse).

As commendable as it may be the plan does not appear to be working and has thus far yielded far from successful results for the club.

Retaining the likes of Lookman, funding the manager (and backing him in other ways) would be a signal of a departure from the stubbornness to adhere to the masterplan and a withdrawal from the arrogance of believing that consistently making the same mistakes will produce different results if you apply them for long enough.

Murray hailed the arrival of the owner as the days of selling our best young players are gone (apologies if I’ve misinterpreted that or imagined it)

Whilst this is a very simplistic way to view whether there has been any real change in the mind-set I think the January transfer window and its departures and arrivals will be very telling in terms of whether they have at last started to get their act together or as I fear, continue to bluff, blag, spin and fluster their way through another impotent season and an continuation of the cumulative decline of the club.

So, as I said elsewhere. Let's see where we are as a club at the end of January.
    And then May, and then see what happens over the summer, and then by the end of August when the window shuts, and then see how results go into October. Let's then hope we have a good Christmas, then January will be around again and we'll have the window open....

This has basically been the cycle since these people took over. I'm bored with it, all of it. These morons are draining the life out of me.
    Ok so to avoid total life depletion, what is your plan that constructively takes us to end of Jan and how will you measure its success ?
  • I don't think Lookman goes
  • Kap10 said:

And then May, and then see what happens over the summer, and then by the end of August when the window shuts, and then see how results go into October. Let's then hope we have a good Christmas, then January will be around again and we'll have the window open....

This has basically been the cycle since these people took over. I'm bored with it, all of it. These morons are draining the life out of me.
    Ok so to avoid total life depletion, what is your plan that constructively takes us to end of Jan and how will you measure its success ?
    Only a massive win at Millwall will do, I couldn't give a monkeys about the rest of the results ;)
  • So, if Lookman and Konsa don't go and Robbo brings a couple of players in, does that prove that the club have clearly learnt from mistakes and would that be the appropriate time to cease hostilities?

Just asking

just on what I have heard, there is definite interest. Its just a case of whether they are prepared to stump up.

The interest was there in the summer but Roland held off as he felt they could get more in Jan / next summer. Suspect he might be right
  • Sponsored links:

just on what I have heard, there is definite interest. Its just a case of whether they are prepared to stump up.

The interest was there in the summer but Roland held off as he felt they could get more in Jan / next summer. Suspect he might be right
    It would be a good price if the club was getting any of it and / or Robinson was going to be allowed to use it to 'secure promotion at the earliest opportunity' i.e. this season as Katrien Meire keeps telling us. But it's just more asset stripping from Duchatelet and he'll take all of it. It's what he does. Hopefully he's just flogging the last two valuable players before he sells up. They don't care about promotion. Robinson might, but no one else at that club does. It's all about making a quick buck for Roland Duchatelet.
  • Redrobo said:

So, if Lookman and Konsa don't go and Robbo brings a couple of players in, does that prove that the club have clearly learnt from mistakes and would that be the appropriate time to cease hostilities?

Just asking

No Katrien
  • Keep Lookman and sell Konsa will be the outcome here, though personally I think the opposite would work better long term as Lookman is worth more and Konsa is more versatile
  • sam3110 said:

Keep Lookman and sell Konsa will be the outcome here, though personally I think the opposite would work better long term as Lookman is worth more and Konsa is more versatile

Interesting this - my gut feeling is we will sell Looky and keep Konsa- because he is physically still developing and struggles at times against big number 9's.
    It also allows Latrien to say 'see I kept hold of one of our young star's'

Wait n see in January, just my opinion and I've been known to be wrong before.
  • Here's a thought.
    Just suppose that Roland wants 30 million for the club.
    I doubt very much that anyone would be prepared to pay that amount.
    But if he got 10 million for Lookman that would mean he would only be looking for 20 million for the club. A far more realistic price.
    As much as I would like to keep Lookman if selling him will help us get rid of Roland i think that we would all be happy with the outcome
  • cafc999 said:

Redrobo said:

So, if Lookman and Konsa don't go and Robbo brings a couple of players in, does that prove that the club have clearly learnt from mistakes and would that be the appropriate time to cease hostilities?

Just asking

No Katrien
    And her mate.
  • Here's a thought.
    But if he got 10 million for Lookman that would mean he would only be looking for 20 million for the club. A far more realistic price.
    As much as I would like to keep Lookman if selling him will help us get rid of Roland i think that we would all be happy with the outcome

He'll trouser then £10mil and still want £30mil for the club. Its all his money and he wants all of it. That's how these rich fuckers get rich. They never give a penny away and they never do anybody a favour.
  • Missed It said:

Here's a thought.

He'll trouser then £10mil and still want £30mil for the club. Its all his money and he wants all of it. That's how these rich fuckers get rich. They never give a penny away and they never do anybody a favour.
    Well I hope you're wrong mate because if you are right he will be here forever.
  • edited December 2016

Here's a thought.

Paul Elliot's consortium offered Roland ALL his money back, which would have been £30M+ and he refused to even talk to him.
  • Here's a thought.

Paul Elliot's consortium offered Roland ALL his money back, which would have been £30M+ and he refused to even talk to him.
    Is that true though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Karl has made quite a few comments in his interviews about how important Lookman is, and I don't get the impression it was to inflate the sale price.

Can't imagine he'll be particularly pleased to lose him.

Didn't the manager also say that he wouldn't stop Lookman leaving if he had developed to a level where he wasn't being challenged in training?
  • Here's a thought.

Is that true though?
    Well David White said so (ex-director & poster on here).
  • Here's a thought.

Is that true though?
    Well David White said so (ex-director & poster on here).
    The trouble is that without going through due diligence you would not offer 30 quid let alone 30 million.
    And as Roland refused to talk to him that couldn't of happened
  • cafc999 said:

Redrobo said:

Just asking

No Katrien
    It looks as though daisy hasn't a sense of humour as I have a flag for this comment ;)
  • cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

Redrobo said:

Just asking

No Katrien
    It looks as though daisy hasn't a sense of humour as I have a flag for this comment ;)
    I have taken it off. A bit much calling a chap KM though!
  • edited December 2016
    I think both will go in January. I was surprised Lookman didn't go in August.
  • Redrobo said:

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

Redrobo said:

Just asking

No Katrien
    Calling anyone KM is bad to be honest, so I will take it back
  • cafc999 said:

Redrobo said:

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

Redrobo said:

Just asking

No Katrien
    Calling anyone KM is bad to be honest, so I will take it back
    Shame Lincs and Dugdale were not able to apologise so quickly!

• Paul Elliot's consortium offered Roland ALL his money back, which would have been £30M+ and he refused to even talk to him.

This news needs to be spread to more Charlton fans.

• Here's a thought.

Bit depressing if 100% accurate information.

Reminder* we are a player farm.

Lookman is an example of why we were purchased to begin with.

We have a good academy.

Roland will not hold on to Lookman because he thinks he will benefit Charlton Athletic on the football pitch.

He did the right thing by holding on to him in the summer, because he will simply be worth more money now.

He should resist selling him in January if he wants the price tag to increase.

Roland's rich but he sells your best players anyway.

Just ask Leige fans.