Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New 5 Year Kit Deal With Hummel (Away Kit Revealed, pg.19)

Comments

• Maybe the chevrons are shiny so players can be seen on foggy days?
  • I quite like it and it makes sense to go for the leisure shirt look. Will I be buying one? No. Feel a little sorry for Hummel but if it's got anything to do with Roland and/or betting companies then I'm out.

@Henry Irving what you need now for the museum is one of the mythical orange home shirts for the "never ever worn" exhibition. Could be rarer than hens' teeth.
  • I like it, but not enough to shell out £45.
  • I think that's the best away kit for a long time.

The material is said to be light, yet it looks like it would be warmer than "usual" football shirts, which could be a problem at the start and end of the season ?

Someone must know if this correct.

Well done Charlton, credit where it's due.
  • edited July 2017
    cafcfan said:

I quite like it and it makes sense to go for the leisure shirt look. Will I be buying one? No. Feel a little sorry for Hummel but if it's got anything to do with Roland and/or betting companies then I'm out.

@Henry Irving what you need now for the museum is one of the mythical orange home shirts for the "never ever worn" exhibition. Could be rarer than hens' teeth.

Maybe we have one already : - )
  • I like it. Probably the best one I can remember seeing for a long time. I have purchased many less pleasant shirts over the years.

I'm not sure I'm looking to buy a shirt this year and even if I was I would probably favour the home shirt. If this is an indication of the way they are going to go maybe I will be tempted by the home shirt - although at 46 I might, just, be too old to wear one any more.

If they start selling the home shirt before I go away in August maybe I'll brave the pickets to buy one.
  • I like it, very nice, always prefer a shirt with a collar.

Roland out!
  • posting without reading all the above ... is there a 'special' badge or 'motto' on the away kit to celebrate the 25 year anniversary ?
  • The comment about the silver chevrons are a nod to silver anniversary of our return to The Valley is the wankiest PR blurb I've seen in a long while

especially given they're on all the kits.
  • Sponsored links:

• posting without reading all the above ... is there a 'special' badge or 'motto' on the away kit to celebrate the 25 year anniversary ?

Don't think so Lincs, reckon we'll see something on the home kit though
  • Do we know if the kits are 'matching' at all, ie. a red and darker red shoulders? Would be pretty disappointing if so.
  • there's also a one-off kit for the Pompey home game to come
  • Do we know if the kits are 'matching' at all, ie. a red and darker red shoulders? Would be pretty disappointing if so.

Also hope we dont copy Arsenal by having white sleeves instead of the darker Blue
  • I must admit until I read the blurb from the club, I had completely missed the blue melange socks that make the kit complete. WTF?
  • I like it and it also allows me to dig out my 1991 (?) scarf, red on one side, blue on the other.
  • I like it. Wish the main bit was a little bit less grey but it's nice and it's a bespoke kit. Can't ask for much more
  • iaitch said:

Maybe the chevrons are shiny so players can be seen on foggy days?

Or fluorescent so my wife can find me at night
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:

Looks like something out of Burton.

You do strike me as the sort of person who'd shop there.
    No doubt you're down the local Yates, in your Burton gear, engaging in outrageous banter with the absolute lads you hang out with.
  • Why interview a player about a seasons away kit. Just pointless and cringey. "Does it make you play better?" My response would be "to be honest, not at all"
  • iaitch said:

Maybe the chevrons are shiny so players can be seen on foggy days?

Or fluorescent so my wife can find me at night
    It's why I loved the orange and yellow third strip from a couple years ago. I knew that, wearing that, if I ever got lost in the dark, in the woods, or on Antarctica, someone would be able to see me from far away.
  • not impressed .. nowhere near so nice as the two away kits from last season
  • I like it , thumbs up
  • Well i'm seeing more LIKEs than DISLIKES i think

That's progress
  • Why interview a player about a seasons away kit. Just pointless and cringey. "Does it make you play better?" My response would be "to be honest, not at all"

It is a bit daft. Not like they're gonna say anything negative even if they really hated it.
  • Dazzler21 said:

or Charltonised.

'Charltonised' Charltonised!
    ;-)