Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New 5 Year Kit Deal With Hummel (Away Kit Revealed, pg.19)

Comments

• Swisdom said:

The building firm are involved at the training ground in some capacity I believe.

He's a businessman who is simply trying to get more exposure to his business. Just because you hate the owner doesn't make it right to wish failure upon a business who are trying to make money in very testing times in some areas of the construction industry

If they're giving money to fund Roland Duchaletet's deliberate destruction of Charlton Athletic they can't be surprised by any backlash. Do your research before entering a commercial partnership. I highly doubt it was his only option.
  • You'll probably find that they're not funding Roland, at least not directly. Smells of a deal, discount on building costs in exchange for advertising.
  • That has contra-deal written all over it, I would be quite surprised if amy money changed hands
  • Swisdom said:

The building firm are involved at the training ground in some capacity I believe.

He's a businessman who is simply trying to get more exposure to his business. Just because you hate the owner doesn't make it right to wish failure upon a business who are trying to make money in very testing times in some areas of the construction industry

If they're giving money to fund Roland Duchaletet's deliberate destruction of Charlton Athletic they can't be surprised by any backlash. Do your research before entering a commercial partnership. I highly doubt it was his only option.
    The money will be nominal at best. It's more likely to be like Emmaus and ITRM whereby they have sponsorship of kits for the exposure, in return for free/discounted services, like the building of the new website/construction at the training ground
  • Named (shamed) on the OS. I'll not give it the oxygen of publicity here.

fair enough, just had a look and they will also be on the front of the kids kits.

are we the only club that have a sponsor on the kids kits when the official sponsor isnt allowed on their shirts ?

Could it be that they don't want betting sponsors on kids shirts?

Maybe same with West Ham?
  • iaitch said:

Named (shamed) on the OS. I'll not give it the oxygen of publicity here.

fair enough, just had a look and they will also be on the front of the kids kits.

are we the only club that have a sponsor on the kids kits when the official sponsor isnt allowed on their shirts ?

"are we the only club that have a sponsor on the kids kits when the official sponsor isnt allowed on their shirts ?"

betting and alcohol are not allowed on children's kits. almost every other club just don't have the sponsor and leave the front blank on kids kits.

i was asking if we are the only club that then puts a different sponsor on there, west ham put on a club affiliated charity.
  • iaitch said:

"are we the only club that have a sponsor on the kids kits when the official sponsor isnt allowed on their shirts ?"

betting and alcohol are not allowed on children's kits. almost every other club just don't have the sponsor and leave the front blank on kids kits.

i was asking if we are the only club that then puts a different sponsor on there, west ham put on a club affiliated charity.
    Sorry, is there a problem with that?
  • iaitch said:

Sorry, is there a problem with that?
    a problem with what?
  • Stig said:

The bottom line is, it is their kit not ours. You can argue all day about how nice it is, or otherwise, but regardless of how it looks it is tainted. Tainted with the destruction of our club. I wouldn't be seen dead in it. But then I'm lucky, I've got an infinitely better one from last year.

Wow! @Stig is only the fucking Invisible Man. You must make more than Graham Norton!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017
  • edited July 2017
    Croydon said:

looks like he could be related to KR in that pic
  • What time is the kit being shown tonight?
  • What time is the kit being shown tonight?

Straight after Crossroads
  • 'Gaughan Services owner Aaron Gaughan said: “We are very excited to be working with Charlton Athletic. With their core values and ambition to get back up to the Championship, it was a journey I wanted our company to be part of.”'

Core values?

What might they be? C'mon Aaron, tell us?
  • edited July 2017
    Don't know if it's already been posted but CACT showed off their new Hummel kit yesterday. Would be very happy with this for the first team kit.
  • Agree, that is a smart red kit
  • edited July 2017
    cafcfan said:

Stig said:

The bottom line is, it is their kit not ours. You can argue all day about how nice it is, or otherwise, but regardless of how it looks it is tainted. Tainted with the destruction of our club. I wouldn't be seen dead in it. But then I'm lucky, I've got an infinitely better one from last year.

Wow! @Stig is only the fucking Invisible Man. You must make more than Graham Norton!
  • edited July 2017
    Valley11 said:

Don't know if it's already been posted but CACT showed off their new Hummel kit yesterday. Would be very happy with this for the first team kit.

I'm pretty sure that is Neil Redfearn on the right.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    According to someone in the industry, i.e. me, it's not all booming. I can assure you of that
  • Stewart said:

Valley11 said:

I'm pretty sure that is Neil Redfearn on the right.
    Didn't know he was mates with Robbie Savage.
  • Official release is tomorrow according to someone there. Would've been nice for the club to actually tell someone that if it's the case.
  • The CARD shirt has the crest we used just one year. Can't remember when, 1947?

How would people feel if we used that crest... permanently?

• I'm pretty sure that is Neil Redfearn on the right.

Whoever he is, he is asleep!!!!!
  • Valley11 said:

That's nice! Very nice so I bet our home kit will be shite!
  • Anyone who was there able to confirm or deny its the same as the CACT?
  • Anyone who was there able to confirm or deny its the same as the CACT?

@Henry Irving is there on behalf of the museum but not sure if he would be able to reveal anything if he wants invited to these things going forward