Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New 5 Year Kit Deal With Hummel (Away Kit Revealed, pg.19)

Comments

• I wonder how close to the style of the new brondby kit it will be
  • I wonder what happens if one of the 20 odd people breaks the non-disclosure agreement anyway? Are you banned from The Valley or?
  • The CARD shirt has the crest we used just one year. Can't remember when, 1947?

How would people feel if we used that crest... permanently?

The robin was not standing on a beach ball in the original. I have a retro shirt with teh old crest, but wouldn't want our current one changed. I have a tatoo of it on my arm for starters and it looks better than the robin too.
  • It will be funny if it is the same as the away kit, only red!
  • Swisdom said:

I've said this a few times but I've been told it's a very nice kid with a lot of nice touches to it. I can't see it being the same as the CACT kit

I like the fact that the away kit mirrors our original away kit from 1923 which also happens to be the year Hummel were formed. Nice bit of synergy

Not long to go though.....we'll see it soon enough

The home kit from 1923, not the away one
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

Don't know if it's already been posted but CACT showed off their new Hummel kit yesterday. Would be very happy with this for the first team kit.

Not the home kit.
  • I can confirm that the shirt is red and white.
  • Swisdom said:

I've said this a few times but I've been told it's a very nice kid with a lot of nice touches to it. I can't see it being the same as the CACT kit

I like the fact that the away kit mirrors our original away kit from 1923 which also happens to be the year Hummel were formed. Nice bit of synergy

Synergy. One of the most buzzwordy buzzwords ever. Urgh
  • So are they not going to show the kit to the rest of us until tomorrow then?

What a strange way to do business. I wonder how many fans will feel alienated enough to decide to let them stick their new kit up there ar$e?
  • Swisdom said:

Spending too much time with Katrien.
  • Swisdom said:

Indeed. It's also doesn't make sense in that paragraph which suggests that either Swisdom doesn't know what it means (which I doubt) or that it was just put in there as a fun buzzword!
  • Swisdom said:

Ok, had to sign an NDA so because of that and respect for the comms guys not going to say what it looks like and you'll see it tomorrow anyway.

Marshall, Clarke and Kim Dixon plus another women's team player modelled the home and away kits.

I liked it, others won't.

I think they got the history right, the colour right and it's a good KIT not just a good shirt IMSO.

Nice that they let all the kids (and adults who wanted to) have a pic with it taken by a professional snapper.

The Museum trustees declined this kind offer.

All the attendees get a free kit too which I guess I have to donate to the flipping Museum.

Am I right in saying IMSO is In My Superior Opinion?
    Of course
    I thought it stood for sanctimonious.

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Indeed. It's also doesn't make sense in that paragraph which suggests that either Swisdom doesn't know what it means (which I doubt) or that it was just put in there as a fun buzzword!

Lighten up peeps - It's just for funsies

This kit realease is being taken far too seriously by some people
    I did assume you were having a bit of fun, and I said as much.

AFKA's right. They are making more fuss with shirt release than the signing of players. Anyone would think that we have no more players coming and that KM thinks we won't notice if they make a big song and dance about a shirt that we will wear for nine months before they change it again!
  • I admit - the launch has been.....different this year

Not sure why it's been the way it has. I think there's merit in the odd teaser but this has been treated in a most peculiar fashion
  • I think it all comes back to KM and RD's desire to 'prove' that going to football is not, really, about the football and the results.

They have, in my view, completely missed the point but that has never stopped them before.
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Lighten up peeps - It's just for funsies

This kit realease is being taken far too seriously by some people
    I did assume you were having a bit of fun, and I said as much.

AFKA's right. They are making more fuss with shirt release than the signing of players. Anyone would think that we have no more players coming and that KM thinks we won't notice if they make a big song and dance about a shirt that we will wear for nine months before they change it again!
    Once again, everything feels out of whack. No keeper but loads of effort put into a clandestine kit launch.
    #priorities