Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New 5 Year Kit Deal With Hummel (Away Kit Revealed, pg.19)

Comments

• JiMMy 85 said:

I'd like for someone to post that image on every rare occasion that I say the right thing.

I'll only need to post it once a year then. :smiley:
  • Maybe Da Silva was one of the players modelling the kit last night and that's why no one could show pictures etc?
    Would explain the 8am announcement of him signing as if there were pictures shown we would have known he has signed before it had been officially announced.
  • will they be wearing crocodile shoes too ?
  • Bespoke you say... Change that to a non-catalogue red and it's bespoke.
  • When is the Home kit being released today?
  • anyone else seen CACT you tube video from yesterday? Sorry if this has already been mentioned
  • HarryLime said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Redrobo said:

seth plum said:

So with this NDA we have an example of the mindset of these morons.
    What are they afraid of, and what exactly would they do if there was disclosure? Could they demonstrate any loss of some kind, would the design be stolen by Manchester United or North Korea, do they think of themselves as so important?
    Many of those who work at the club have such an inflated view of themselves, and to me this NDA demonstrates that they have such a downer on supporters.
    Charlton Athletic does not trust and indeed hates it's own fans.
    Tony Keohane is chief (the word 'chief' alone says a lot) operations officer to take one example, yet seems a good example of somebody who appears to me to be a complete and utter moron who amazingly thinks he is better than the fans, when in fact he is simply lucky that Katrien is equally moronic to give him a job, it certainly comes across that way to me.
    Non disclosure agreement indeed, or what? What will they do to those who have already seen it, sue?

It really is not that important but the club want to promote a product in what they consider the best way. Quite rightly. Good luck to them.
    To me, it makes the club look as though they don't know what they're doing, rather, they are an approximation of a management team kinda guessing their way through and hoping that if they do it confidently enough, nobody will notice that they're making it up as they go along.

I agree that it's not particularly important what happens to the kit or when we get to see it. But it's important that we have a management team that know how to run a club successfully, and this is yet another indication that this lot are fucking idiots.
    Nail on head, JiMMy, nail on head
    She's lying
    Ain't no doubt.
    it's plain to see
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe Da Silva was one of the players modelling the kit last night and that's why no one could show pictures etc?
    Would explain the 8am announcement of him signing as if there were pictures shown we would have known he has signed before it had been officially announced.

No, Marshall and Clarke from the mens team
    Ashdown said:

anyone else seen CACT you tube video from yesterday? Sorry if this has already been mentioned

Different kit
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

I admit - the launch has been.....different this year

Not sure why it's been the way it has. I think there's merit in the odd teaser but this has been treated in a most peculiar fashion

Can't you just come out and say it's been a bit wanky and weird like the ownership .......
    No I thought not
    If I thought I'd say it but please don't put words in my mouth.

We have done teasers before, Cheeky photos before but suddenly because Roland is involved everyone involved in this kit launch is inept.

We don't know if a Hummel have been the problem as opposed to the club. There may not even be a problem and this was part of the master plan to generate interest ( which appears to have worked ), maybe it's held back to tie in with the launch of the new store.

Who cares. It doesn't matter. It's a piece of material that most of you have no interest in purchasing.

The fuss isn't about the kit, or teasers, but the thing about the NDA.
    In the context it was an absurd thing to insist on.

he wasnt but i think they have missed a trick not using him to launch it today
  • edited July 2017

Could it be something to do with selling adverts on the kit launch webpage? The organisations paying a premium for those adverts would expect Charlton to do everything in their power to ensure nothing impacts the traffic to that page in the first few days.

The premium for those advertisers must be in the 10's of pounds given the traffic that this will drive. It's a 3rd division football kit that is of interest to a couple of hundred people on the day of launch. Requesting attendees to a preview (which is less than 24 hours before its public launch) to sign an NDA seems strange to say the least, and has the whiff of a willy waving power trip all over it.
    Just had a look at the OS and there are in fact no adverts at all! Apart from sponsor names at the bottom.

Just had a look at the Millwall OS and they have adverts.
  • Could it be something to do with selling adverts on the kit launch webpage? The organisations paying a premium for those adverts would expect Charlton to do everything in their power to ensure nothing impacts the traffic to that page in the first few days.

The premium for those advertisers must be in the 10's of pounds given the traffic that this will drive. It's a 3rd division football kit that is of interest to a couple of hundred people on the day of launch. Requesting attendees to a preview (which is less than 24 hours before its public launch) to sign an NDA seems strange to say the least, and has the whiff of a willy waving power trip all over it.
    Might seem like small potatoes to you and in the big scheme of things it probably is but it won't appear like that to the sponsors who have parted with hard cash and will still want the best and maximum exposure possible.

• edited July 2017
    Is there a family connection behind this sponsor?

https://www.cafc.co.uk/home

Edit .....Link goes straight to home page. Scroll through to page with photo announcing the Gaughan sponsorship.
  • If the NDA was sponsor related, you'd think therefore that the club would be drumming up interest about the launch to therefore give those sponsors maximum exposure. Instead, there's no mention on the website or the facebook page about when the launch is. I thought it was today, but that's based on stuff written hear. As far as I can see the club haven't said a single word this week about when the new kit will be launched.

It just makes no sense why there was an NDA, yet no news at all about when the kit will be launched. How can an NDA be for sponsors benefits, if the club are doing nothing to then give those sponsors the exposure they've paid for?
  • All this NDA has done is create negative responses - Well done to whoever thought that up.

Should have been midday but Bono is having liver and bacon in the Valley Cafe

I heard The Edge wanted black pudding and there was none. Disappointing from Valley Cafe - don't they know literally tens of people need to see this kit for a group circlejerk before they explode
  • Sponsored links:

• To be announced 'later today' according to the latest tweet from the club.
  • Looks fairly plain from the very little you can see in the club photo.

• Looks like the kit launch anthem might be dropped.

Bono refused to sign Rubbershoes' NDA and stormed out, beltching onions all the way through the Millenium Lounge.

Deacon Blue are trying to sort out a flight this afternoon from Edinburgh to City, but its not looking good to be honest.

As a contingency, Olly has been sent down to Makros to buy a copy of Heather Small's Proud
  • Cant believe its not red.

Katie must only have red crayons...
  • Could it be something to do with selling adverts on the kit launch webpage? The organisations paying a premium for those adverts would expect Charlton to do everything in their power to ensure nothing impacts the traffic to that page in the first few days.

So when it's instantly screenshot and posted here for probably a similar amount of views I hope that person is instantly strung up for their heinous redirection of advertising hits...

Christmas, just in time for the sales....