Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New 5 Year Kit Deal With Hummel (Away Kit Revealed, pg.19)

Comments

• Makes you wonder what sort of NDAs players and staff have to sign if the divs go to such lengths over a bit of nylon.

do you reckon hotel staff have to sign them when KR is around the breakfast buffet on away trips?
  • Makes you wonder what sort of NDAs players and staff have to sign if the divs go to such lengths over a bit of nylon.

do you reckon hotel staff have to sign them when KR is around the breakfast buffet on away trips?
    Imagine a few bar staff in Greenwich might have had to as well?
  • Leaked image from the kit launch last night at the reveal of 'Charlton Oranje' by Hummel.

• Can you confirm it is red, Henry?

No comment
    Spoilsport.
    I can neither confirm or deny that I'm a spoilsport
  • seth plum said:

So with this NDA we have an example of the mindset of these morons.
    What are they afraid of, and what exactly would they do if there was disclosure? Could they demonstrate any loss of some kind, would the design be stolen by Manchester United or North Korea, do they think of themselves as so important?
    Many of those who work at the club have such an inflated view of themselves, and to me this NDA demonstrates that they have such a downer on supporters.
    Charlton Athletic does not trust and indeed hates it's own fans.
    Tony Keohane is chief (the word 'chief' alone says a lot) operations officer to take one example, yet seems a good example of somebody who appears to me to be a complete and utter moron who amazingly thinks he is better than the fans, when in fact he is simply lucky that Katrien is equally moronic to give him a job, it certainly comes across that way to me.
    Non disclosure agreement indeed, or what? What will they do to those who have already seen it, sue?

It really is not that important but the club want to promote a product in what they consider the best way. Quite rightly. Good luck to them.
  • Redrobo said:

seth plum said:

What are they afraid of, and what exactly would they do if there was disclosure? Could they demonstrate any loss of some kind, would the design be stolen by Manchester United or North Korea, do they think of themselves as so important?
    Many of those who work at the club have such an inflated view of themselves, and to me this NDA demonstrates that they have such a downer on supporters.
    Tony Keohane is chief (the word 'chief' alone says a lot) operations officer to take one example, yet seems a good example of somebody who appears to me to be a complete and utter moron who amazingly thinks he is better than the fans, when in fact he is simply lucky that Katrien is equally moronic to give him a job, it certainly comes across that way to me.
    Non disclosure agreement indeed, or what? What will they do to those who have already seen it, sue?

It really is not that important but the club want to promote a product in what they consider the best way. Quite rightly. Good luck to them.
    Yes I can understand that, they have a promotion strategy prepared for today, and don't want its "impact" lessened.

Whether this level of build up is really necessary is another question...
  • Sponsored links:

• Was it the club or Hummel who asked for the attendees to sign an NDA?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Redrobo said:

seth plum said:

To me, it makes the club look as though they don't know what they're doing, rather, they are an approximation of a management team kinda guessing their way through and hoping that if they do it confidently enough, nobody will notice that they're making it up as they go along.

I agree that it's not particularly important what happens to the kit or when we get to see it. But it's important that we have a management team that know how to run a club successfully, and this is yet another indication that this lot are fucking idiots.
    Nail on head, JiMMy, nail on head
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Redrobo said:

seth plum said:

When a preview is offered, it's usually to build word-of-mouth positivity. In this instance, the people who saw the kit get to tell their friends about what they saw, which helps build a buzz, and increases the interest for when the official launch occurs.

Sometimes there might be an embargo (slightly different from an NDA but maybe that's just a mixture of terminology in this case) but that's usually so the organisers can manage the timing of the launch and press coverage.

I've signed a thousand embargo forms over the years, and in this instance, I can see absolutely no reason to embargo or even NDA those who saw it. To me, it makes the club look as though they don't know what they're doing, rather, they are an approximation of a management team kinda guessing their way through and hoping that if they do it confidently enough, nobody will notice that they're making it up as they go along.

I agree that it's not particularly important what happens to the kit or when we get to see it. But it's important that we have a management team that know how to run a club successfully, and this is yet another indication that this lot are fucking idiots.
    But today is the kit launch day, last night was a "sneak preview", I can understand them not wanting all the selfies to be all over the internet 12 hours before the official launch.

If they didn't have the event last night, then none of this would have been an issue, but from what Henry said the children there enjoyed themselves, so I don't see the harm caused
    If you follow the 'logic' through what would the club do if somebody leaked a picture?
    What is the implied threat of an NDA, and is that good publicity?
    Maybe attendees should have also signed an NDA to not leak that they were obliged to sign an NDA.
  • whatever it's done, it's certainly got everyone talking about it that's for sure given the hundreds of posts on this thread.

all a bit of fun really and far too much over the top reaction to it all, we'll all see the kit today and it could be the nicest home kit we've ever had but some will still complain about it.

my kids can't wait for it.
  • whatever it's done, it's certainly got everyone talking about it that's for sure given the hundreds of posts on this thread.

all a bit of fun really and far too much over the top reaction to it all, we'll all see the kit today and it could be the nicest home kit we've ever had but some will still complain about it.

my kids can't wait for it.

If the desired result of the launch/sneak preview was to get around a dozen blokes across London, taking the piss out of the SMT on messageboards, then it can be seen as a success.
  • As I said earlier I wouldn't sign an NDA frankly I would find it insulting and heavy handed, ask supporters not to post pictures etc.
  • Apparently U2 have been flown in to sing the Official Kit Launch Anthem today....

So THATS where the £6M summer budget went !
  • Sponsored links:

• I am probably not the best one to comment on this as I would not wear a replica shirt if someone gave it to me for free, I am 59 not 12. However this has got anti climax written all over it.

What a laughing stock the club I love has become, NDA's, FFS!!!
  • edited July 2017

HarryLime said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Redrobo said:

seth plum said:

To me, it makes the club look as though they don't know what they're doing, rather, they are an approximation of a management team kinda guessing their way through and hoping that if they do it confidently enough, nobody will notice that they're making it up as they go along.

She's lying
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I'd like for someone to post that image on every rare occasion that I say the right thing.

We are saving it for the update after the castle tour with Miss USA :wink:
  • edited July 2017
    Could it be something to do with selling adverts on the kit launch webpage? The organisations paying a premium for those adverts would expect Charlton to do everything in their power to ensure nothing impacts the traffic to that page in the first few days.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Daz mate I'm not sure you understand the meaning of bespoke! It won't be a catalogue kit
  • HarryLime said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Redrobo said:

seth plum said:

She's lying
    Ain't no doubt.