Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Scotland

Comments

• Options
    Just seen the news and Scotland have huge allocation judging by the segregation netting! Should make for a good atmosphere.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Just seen the news and Scotland have huge allocation judging by the segregation netting! Should make for a good atmosphere.

13700 i believe
  • Options
    7-0 england
  • Options
    14000 already travellled down, another 10000 ticketless fans expected to travel down, hoping for a good atmosphere for a change and think with the rememberance events aswell could make for a very atmospheric wembley.
  • Options
    You going @cafcdave123
  • Options
    Am going. Haven't been to an England home game for 20 years.

Think it'll be same quality as the Kent League.
  • Options
    The FA are confident there will be no trouble at Wembley tomorrow night, despite 13,700 Scotland supporters descending on the national stadium.

Scotland fans have been allocated an extra 7,000 tickets for the World Cup qualifier and thousands more are expected to travel to the capital without tickets.

The first competitive match between England and Scotland for 17 years has been given the highest possible security risk rating by police because of the rivalry between the home nations and FA chiefs are confident the measures in place will stop any threat of trouble.

There will be increased policing and stewarding and supporters will be segregated inside the ground.

READ MORE
    England vs Scotland: 2018 World Cup qualifier preview
    Scotland had an original allocation of just under 7,000 but they will have around 15 per cent of the 90,000 Wembley crowd after the FA provided extra tickets. That decision was taken because of the high demand but also because of segregation perimeters at Wembley.

Away fans must have exclusive turnstiles and the structure of the stadium means a section would have been left empty if Scotland had been allocated fewer tickets.

There will be stringent bag searches at Wembley but there will be no ban on alcohol, which is in line with UEFA rules.

The game sold out within hours, mainly to the members of the England Supporters Club, so any Scotland fans travelling without tickets are unlikely to end up in the home end. The Scottish FA have said they will reciprocate the large away allocation for the return fixture in Glasgow next June.
  • Options

You going @cafcdave123

waiting to hear, didn't manage to get a ticket in the Scotland end but might have a club wembley ticket but they belong to a pals company so it all depends who goes.
  • Options
    I'm going, The last England game at Wembley I saw was the ill fated England v Poland game some 43 years ago, with the "clown" in goal. Hope that's not am oman for tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got a ticket and day off for all dayer, buzzing for it
  • Options
    the big question for @oohaahmortimer would be.........Millwall or Scotland
  • Options
    if we can't beat this bunch of no hopers .. all hope is lost

England 3 v Scotland 1
  • Options
    I'm ill at the moment so feeling a little miserable but, even so, I really can't get up any excitement for this game. Many reasons are in play I suppose including:

1. General apathy/dissilusonment about football in general at the moment aided and abetted by Charlton's predicament.

2. The general turpitude going on in the world.

3. Having now been "English" for 30 years, I still think of myself as a bit of a missionary but it really doesn't mean all that much any more to me.

4. Scotland really are shite at football. I gave up hope a while ago.

5. The fine dividing line between genuine banter and the genuinely nasty stuff of which I want no part (that comment applies both ways round and is not directed at anyone in particular on here before anyone takes it amiss).

Whatever the case, I just can't be arsed really. I'll probably watch it, and probably on sky plus as Mrs SB hates footy and has had a long week so she has first dibs on the telly tonight. Twenty years ago I'd have been climbing the walls all day in anticipation. Is it just me?
  • Options
    i enjoy seeing big turnouts from the fans like the tartan army adds to the atmosphere and its all usually good banter.
  • Options

i enjoy seeing big turnouts from the fans

He's the scatman.....
  • Options
    Smaller allocation than the friendly in 2013 when I'm sure they were allocated over 20k.
  • Options

i enjoy seeing big turnouts from the fans like the tartan army adds to the atmosphere and its all usually good banter.

Anything is better than watching England play against minnows whilst grown men take selfies, wear face paint and talk throughout the match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Smaller allocation than the friendly in 2013 when I'm sure they were allocated over 20k.

Yet curiously there will still be the same number in the stadium !
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Scotland are beyond rubbish and that is a shame given some of the talented players they used to have. But they will be well organised and England have trouble scoring goals against well organised teams. We don't have enough goalscorers in the side basically! Hodgson found the solution in the Euros in the second half against Wales - ok not a perfect one but beggers can't be choosers - but that was in desperation and he ditched it immediately afterwards! If England don't get one in the first half, it could be quite a struggle. If they do it will be a walk in the park.
  • Options
    Does anyone know any Pubs near St Johns that will be showing the game. Somewhere that is missus friendly.
  • Options
    Any idea who this is... I cant listen because I'm at work

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04fwpfw
  • Options

Any idea who this is... I cant listen because I'm at work

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04fwpfw

Take your pick, none of em turned up.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

A journalist asked Strachan and Southgate how they see the game going.

Strachan said ' hopefully we will keep it tight for first 20 minutes, frustrate England, and hold on for a draw or nick a goal on the break and win 1-0'

Southgate replies ' I think we will be 4 up by half time, I will then give a couple of the squad players a run out in the second half and as Scotland tire I can see us winning 8,9 or 10 - Nil'

The journalist goes to Southgate, come on Gareth, you are not taking the question seriously to which Southgate replies ' well he just stole our usual game strategy'

Fixed for you ;-)
  • Options

Good to hear that Scotland are embracing the dominant LGBTI culture in Scotland by wearing pink.

and skirts!

No doubt they'll be getting their arses out in the next few hours on Nelson's Column