Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD: protests will go ahead against Sheffield United (26/11/16) regardless of management situation

Comments

• Essex_Al said:

cafctom said:

Why on earth has the anti-CARD stuff seemingly really stepped up over the past week?

Is it simply because we had a couple of wins and then instantly people started thinking that any kind of protest would ruin the momentum of the team?

No mate it's nothing to do with us getting a couple of wins, it's the fact that supporters that do go and support the team are sick and tired of the boring nonsense of throwing stuff on the pitch and delaying games. We also have a new manager in place who seems to be welcomed by the majority, and fans want to give him the best possible support to get us back up into the Championship.

All you are doing is splitting the fan base and as already stated on here in another thread things are beginning to turn ugly. My humble advice to CARD is think very carefully about your next move!
    Please tell me what the protests against the Belgians have to do with our new manager?
    The Belgians might just have got it right, after nearly 3 years. If they'd appointed Nobby, or Congo Chris I don't think anybody would be asking your question.
  • Essex_Al said:

cafctom said:

Why on earth has the anti-CARD stuff seemingly really stepped up over the past week?

Is it simply because we had a couple of wins and then instantly people started thinking that any kind of protest would ruin the momentum of the team?

No mate it's nothing to do with us getting a couple of wins, it's the fact that supporters that do go and support the team are sick and tired of the boring nonsense of throwing stuff on the pitch and delaying games. We also have a new manager in place who seems to be welcomed by the majority, and fans want to give him the best possible support to get us back up into the Championship.

All you are doing is splitting the fan base and as already stated on here in another thread things are beginning to turn ugly. My humble advice to CARD is think very carefully about your next move!
    Please tell me what the protests against the Belgians have to do with our new manager?
    The Belgians might just have got it right, after nearly 3 years. If they'd appointed Nobby, or Congo Chris I don't think anybody would be asking your question.
    Give it another 3 months then!
  • Essex_Al said:

cafctom said:

Andy.....I hope you are right but you'll excuse me if I (like many others I suspect) don't share your optimism. Not because of Robinsons abilities but from the shambolic way the club is run.
  • I wish I was optimistic. My point is that Compared to Roland's other appointments Robinson is an improvement. And so at the moment at least it does dampen down the anger, whereas another network appointment would have fuelled that anger.
  • edited November 2016

I wish I was optimistic. My point is that Compared to Roland's other appointments Robinson is an improvement. And so at the moment at least it does dampen down the anger, whereas another network appointment would have fuelled that anger.

I appreciate where you are coming from Andy but from my personal point of view it's not anger, I'm well past that emotional state. Irreparairble damage has been done and my desire to see the regime (the Douchbag and Nightmeire come as a package) gone, cannot get any stronger and will not lessen irrespective of who the manager is.
  • To be fair, he hardly gave us a lecture, just an alleged casual comment on Twitter. indeed he's said virtually nothing since he was appointed, we've had no press conference yet

Yes ... and the first press conference will be interesting as he is likely, despite a grinning Daisy sat next to him, to be asked about the protests etc. At best he should maintain a diplomatic neutrality but I wonder if he has the experience to do that as opposed to throwing his lot in with his employers.
  • edited November 2016

I've been handing stuff for the protests out since the first Black and White protests with the leaflets and have continued to do so for all subsequent protests.

Yesterday was the first time that I recieved any level of abuse from people, being called a c***, and that I'm 'f***ing killing the club'. Also saw several of the stress balls getting thrown over roofs on Floyd Road and even a taxi getting at myself and several others who were handing out the stress balls/taxis.

This forum has always been the place with the most solid and high level of support for both CARD and the protests. But outside of here, particularly on the facebook group and the likes of Other forums, there is a rising anti-CARD, anti-protest sentiment, and we can't ignore that.

Some of the vitriol on the other forum is remarkable, especially the violence advocated against the who protest. That said, it should be kept in proportion as it is general the same half dozen individuals, all who seem to have anti-CL, anti-CARD, anti-Rick axes to grind.
  • RedChaser said:

I wish I was optimistic. My point is that Compared to Roland's other appointments Robinson is an improvement. And so at the moment at least it does dampen down the anger, whereas another network appointment would have fuelled that anger.

I appreciate where you are coming from Andy but from my personal point of view it's not anger, I'm well past that emotional state. Irreparairble damage has been done and my desire to see the regime (the Douchbag and Nightmeire come as a package) gone, cannot get any stronger and will not lessen irrespective of who the manager is.
    Exactly how I feel. I've only been going to the protest games, and selected away games. I'm trying to describe the general mood at The Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

cafctom said:

With respect, surely it is the attitude and actions of the owner and his awful sidekick which is dividing the fans. As for protests, I assume you want them all to stop and for supporters to sit back and see what happens next? Because, judging by the last three years, that's not gone particularly well.

Where you are right is re the divide. A fair number of those who still go regularly do not appreciate CARD and protests, while the latter ground don't necessarily appreciate those who won't join in protests. That is entirely the legacy of Duchatalet. Both sides need to accept that we are all CAFC fans and all want the same thing.
  • Essex_Al said:

cafctom said:

They might. But a lot of people said that when Slade joined.
  • mogodon said:

Essex_Al said:

cafctom said:

They might. But a lot of people said that when Slade joined.
    At times we're all guilty of believing what we want to believe.
  • mogodon said:

To be fair, he hardly gave us a lecture, just an alleged casual comment on Twitter. indeed he's said virtually nothing since he was appointed, we've had no press conference yet

Yes ... and the first press conference will be interesting as he is likely, despite a grinning Daisy sat next to him, to be asked about the protests etc. At best he should maintain a diplomatic neutrality but I wonder if he has the experience to do that as opposed to throwing his lot in with his employers.
    As an ex-season ticket holder at Liverpool, I very much doubt that he supported the Hicks/Gillette regime against the Spirit of Shankly group in similar circumstances. It will be interesting to see how he chooses his words.
  • edited November 2016
    mogodon said:

I've been handing stuff for the protests out since the first Black and White protests with the leaflets and have continued to do so for all subsequent protests.

Yesterday was the first time that I recieved any level of abuse from people, being called a c***, and that I'm 'f***ing killing the club'. Also saw several of the stress balls getting thrown over roofs on Floyd Road and even a taxi getting at myself and several others who were handing out the stress balls/taxis.

This forum has always been the place with the most solid and high level of support for both CARD and the protests. But outside of here, particularly on the facebook group and the likes of ITTV, there is a rising anti-CARD, anti-protest sentiment, and we can't ignore that.

Some of the vitriol on the other forum is remarkable, especially the violence advocated against the who protest. That said, it should be kept in proportion as it is general the same half dozen individuals, all who seem to have anti-CL, anti-CARD, anti-Rick axes to grind.
    Bang on mate. I have a cheeky play over there once in a blue moon and it's blatantly obvious that their real angst and anger is borne out of jealously, paranoia and an inability to articulate any reasonable alternative to the status quo. When one resorts to such bile and vitriol as displayed by some elsewhere, it's usually because a lack of intellect replaces any logical or sensible input. Must admit though, I do enjoy the odd rare visit as it's a place that makes me feel really intelligent.
  • Grateful for no further talk about 'others forums' please on here. Thanks
  • < MartTheTaxi">As one of the cab drivers on protest y'day want to say well done nicely organised . As for the Charlton fan at top of Charlton church lane baseball cap and beard calling us all wankers bravo . If you're happy way our club being run then there's only one wanker in all of this and it wasn't me or fellow cabbies.

Did he have a couple of kids with him, sounds like the idiot behind me in the covered end.
  • I left the match after about 60 minutes. I just felt so disconnected from the club - my club. I was totally indifferent about the score because it's Roland's team not ours any more. Walked out, shed a few tears, and went home. I hate what you've done to our club Katrien and Roland. I shall still help with protests but I can't face going inside the Valley until they've gone - it just feels wrong.

Apparently someone on another forum thinks it's really funny that I cried.

Thing is mate I'm a pretty emotional person. I'm bipolar. I often end up in psychiatric hospitals. So thanks a lot. Have a good laugh at that too.
    The platform of which you speak, perfectly reflects a very small proportion of the fans who unfortunately align themselves with our great club.
    Dim and deluded, it is only fitting they have their own squalid, poorly moderated forum to spout their nonsense.

• Sponsored links:

Scared everyone is going to jump ship?
    Why would you want a MacDonalds when you can get steak (no offence to our vegetarian Lifers) on here :wink: .
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

mogodon said:

To be fair, he hardly gave us a lecture, just an alleged casual comment on Twitter. indeed he's said virtually nothing since he was appointed, we've had no press conference yet

As an ex-season ticket holder at Liverpool, I very much doubt that he supported the Hicks/Gillette regime against the Spirit of Shankly group in similar circumstances. It will be interesting to see how he chooses his words.
    No doubt the press will be "ordered" to avoid questions on the protests
  • cafctom said:

Essex_Al said:

cafctom said:

The only thing splitting the fan base are those who have personal agendas against those involved with CARD for whatever reason.

WE are also split between boycotters and attenders. One thing unites us- no-one actually knows what will get rid of Roland.
  • LenGlover said:

I left the match after about 60 minutes. I just felt so disconnected from the club - my club. I was totally indifferent about the score because it's Roland's team not ours any more. Walked out, shed a few tears, and went home. I hate what you've done to our club Katrien and Roland. I shall still help with protests but I can't face going inside the Valley until they've gone - it just feels wrong.

Apparently someone on another forum thinks it's really funny that I cried.

Thing is mate I'm a pretty emotional person. I'm bipolar. I often end up in psychiatric hospitals. So thanks a lot. Have a good laugh at that too.
    Ignore them.

You are very highly regarded on this your own, much larger, forum.

I hope you get on top of the problems distressing you just now.
    Chin up Arsene,in future I will save ALL the green jelly babies just for you :blush:
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

mogodon said:

No doubt the press will be "ordered" to avoid questions on the protests
    Ha, try doing that! I've covered press conferences all over the world for thirty odd years (including in Iraq under Saddam), and I've never heard anyone ordering the press to avoid questions.
    They'd immediately publish that as a story.
  • cafctom said:

Essex_Al said:

cafctom said:

The only thing splitting the fan base are those who have personal agendas against those involved with CARD for whatever reason.

WE are also split between boycotters and attenders. One thing unites us- no-one actually knows what will get rid of Roland.
    I'm becoming increasingly worried that nothing will.
  • jdmotion said:

cafctom said:

Essex_Al said:

cafctom said:

Well he is seventy so one way or another he will be gone
  • jdmotion said:

cafctom said:

Essex_Al said:

cafctom said:

Well he is seventy so one way or another he will be gone
    He has a son hasn't he, when Roland hangs up his boots I am sure he will inherit the business?