Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD: protests will go ahead against Sheffield United (26/11/16) regardless of management situation

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016

I don't know why anyone thinks these northern clubs are 'alright', plenty of them would kick our fookin cockeny arses if the could.

This ^ glad Sheff Utd had two points robbed from them today so late on which will feel like a loss on the long journey back :smirk: .
  • Options
    Seemed to go off well.

Usual huge increase in noise and variety of songs after a protest stoppage both in protest songs and getting behind the team.

Smoke bombs were silly but nothing to do with protests.

The convoy of taxis was brilliant and the Roland taxi was getting lots of attention.
  • Options

Good protest, well done to those involved.

You having a laugh
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Sheff Utd fans spitting at the Roland Taxi as it drove past, & popping the black & white balloons. Classy bunch.

Unlikely they represent the majority. And let's be honest, we have a few bellends who support us as well.
    Of course, only a small group of them & every club's support has their idiots, including ours!
  • Options
    To be honest, the protest today seemed a bit half hearted, and completely different from the Coventry game, as at that game we were all united, whereas today the United fans were only interested in 3 points.

Indeed while the stress balls and taxis were being removed from the pitch, their singing (helped by the JS accoustics) was louder than the Roland out chants.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

You having a laugh
    No. It took people by surprise, I didn't think there would be another throwing protest so soon after the pigs but it worked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

clb74 said:

You having a laugh
    No. It took people by surprise, I didn't think there would be another throwing protest so soon after the pigs but it worked.
    Of course it did
  • Options
    Wasn't there today but on Shef u fans, general consensus amongst football fans that massive fans (despite our recognised rivalry) are the alright and classy ones and shef u are the real scummy fans from the city, so the spitting doesn't come of a surprise at all. Got this impression from 3 years living in Yorkshire and talking to Leeds fans at Elland road, who had a sort of mutual respect for Wednesday fans but not united as well as doing England away games where it is predominantly northerners.

Anyway, well done to all protestors.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

You having a laugh
    Of course it did
    Why do you think it didn't?
  • Options

Anybody throwing something on the pitch today was probably caught on camera doing it.

Doubt that, unless they used the ProZone cameras as well.

• Options
    edited November 2016

It was noticeable how the majority of fans stayed seated during the protests today and even some fans around me only seemed to stand up eventually because as one old codger near me complained we have to stand because we can't see the game. Anybody throwing something on the pitch today was probably caught on camera doing it.

Presumably like they were caught on camera throwing pigs. And beachballs. And stress balls. And the result of throwing those was....? Remind me, how many bans or police actions?

I could be on camera doing whatever I want, it matters not one jot if nothing is done. I also think you're overestimating the CCTV capabilities if you think "anybody throwing" was caught. Do you understand the capabilities required for that?

I'm not entirely sure what angle you're working or what your underlying motives are, but spreading nonsense may not be the best way to get your message heard.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

I think the danger is that these sort of protests are a bit old hat now and won't get the media coverage of some previous protests because of that. I also think the regime are pretty immune to it now and prepared to let it happen because they know it will be over in a few minutes and then normal service will be resumed. Protests like those in Belgium are going to hit home harder because it will impact on Roland directly and he doesn't like that. If we are going to protest at The Valley a new strategy is needed. Don't ask me what but I'm sure that CARD will be on the case on our behalf. We need to find other ways to embarrass them. The Companies House stunt for example. I looked around today during the Roland Out chants and although a lot were not singing along a great many were clapping along and so the support for getting Roland Out is definitely there.

Agree with every single word of this.

I said a couple of weeks back that Roland only gives a shit when the protests are In Belgium. He doesn't care what happens at the Valley and likely probably doesn't even know about it. I get why the protests continue at the Valley as we still need to keep on with the awareness and showing our disatisfaction but definitely a different approach is required. Throwing stuff on the pitch has been done to death now and it's also causing more and more animosity amongst fans as i've noticed more seem to be getting fed up with it.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

It was noticeable how the majority of fans stayed seated during the protests today and even some fans around me only seemed to stand up eventually because as one old codger near me complained we have to stand because we can't see the game. Anybody throwing something on the pitch today was probably caught on camera doing it.

Presumably like they were caught on camera throwing pigs. And beachballs. And stress balls. And the result of throwing those was....? Remind me, how many bans or police actions?

I could be on camera doing whatever I want, it matters not one jot if nothing is done. I also think you're overestimating the CCTV capabilities if you think "anybody throwing" was caught. Do you understand the capabilities required for that?

I'm not entirely sure what angle you're working or what your underlying motives are, but spreading nonsense may not be the best way to get your message heard.
    His motive is trolling, best to ignore.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LuckyReds said:

His motive is trolling, best to ignore.
    I know I shouldn't bite, but I'd hate to think of someone innocently (albeit naively) taking his words at face value.
  • Options

I left the match after about 60 minutes. I just felt so disconnected from the club - my club. I was totally indifferent about the score because it's Roland's team not ours any more. Walked out, shed a few tears, and went home. I hate what you've done to our club Katrien and Roland. I shall still help with protests but I can't face going inside the Valley until they've gone - it just feels wrong.

Class this as them doing you and me a favour, our love and support will be even stronger.
    See you on the 10th chumette!
  • Options

I think the danger is that these sort of protests are a bit old hat now and won't get the media coverage of some previous protests because of that. I also think the regime are pretty immune to it now and prepared to let it happen because they know it will be over in a few minutes and then normal service will be resumed. Protests like those in Belgium are going to hit home harder because it will impact on Roland directly and he doesn't like that. If we are going to protest at The Valley a new strategy is needed. Don't ask me what but I'm sure that CARD will be on the case on our behalf. We need to find other ways to embarrass them. The Companies House stunt for example. I looked around today during the Roland Out chants and although a lot were not singing along a great many were clapping along and so the support for getting Roland Out is definitely there.

Agree with this. Not sure what could be done but it ideally needs to be something that big numbers can join in with. I don't include boycotting or walkouts in that - many will always want to watch the game and support the team, even if they also want RD to sell the club.