Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD: protests will go ahead against Sheffield United (26/11/16) regardless of management situation

Comments

• Options
    Interesting to see factions are developing across the 2 main Charlton forums, the fan base fighting each other plays into the clubs hands, we are seen as pro-CARD & the other one very much anti-CARD.

Strange days ahead people
  • Options
    The problem with in/out protests at the Valley is that big games like tomorrow, the crowds will be so poor as to make any action ineffective. A promotion push with January buys and the return of Kashi may test the resolve of stay-aways but match day protests need a new level of imagination.

Perhaps crashing England press conferences, one outside parliament or similar. How about a Karl Power type stunt?
  • Options
    That's a good point NSU.Personaly I see more benefit in demonstrations in Belgium having more affect.I hate the division within our fan base.We should respect each other's opinion but I really feel we should get behind the team.The atmoshere of late home games has been dire - but that could so easily change and starting with tomorrow.COYR
  • Options

That's a good point NSU.Personaly I see more benefit in demonstrations in Belgium having more affect.I hate the division within our fan base.We should respect each other's opinion but I really feel we should get behind the team.The atmoshere of late home games has been dire - but that could so easily change and starting with tomorrow.COYR

I agree, action in Belgium affects RD directly, protests at The Valley are an inconvenience but don't affect him. While Meire is able to laugh it off, then it's not achieving anything other than the fanbase fighting each other & becoming even more split.

• Options
    Might sound silly idea(just back from the pub) but both main forums have got CAFC(well in the main) interest to heart.There should be a common ground that Unites and Not Divides us.Lets stop the protests in the ground - IMO they have served their purpose.Taking the protest to Belgium will hit RD harder but in the meantime let's all get behind the Team.After all that's what we are all here for?
  • Options
    Any idea If I'm able to buy a ticket on the day? Haven't been this season at all.
  • Options

Might sound silly idea(just back from the pub) but both main forums have got CAFC(well in the main) interest to heart.There should be a common ground that Unites and Not Divides us.Lets stop the protests in the ground - IMO they have served their purpose.Taking the protest to Belgium will hit RD harder but in the meantime let's all get behind the Team.After all that's what we are all here for?

You're absolutely right, but Sue Parkes packed her forum in, so not really possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

I'm definitely going to get wound up by some happy clapper with head-in-sand tomorrow saying everyone should 'just support the team'.

Patience is wearing thin with them!

You'll find my old mucker EssexAl in the Covered End upper!
  • Options

Hopefully we do but I am concerned at the two or three people on another forum who repeatedly and increasingly advocate violence against anyone protesting. Clearly these individuals have other bigger issues, but it's a sad indictment o the regime that among all the other chaos they have brought on Charlton, they have turned fans against each other.

I am worried that the appointment of a new manager will, albeit hopefully temporarily, divide the support even more, with those advocating he be given a chance being even more vocal against those who protest.

Sad times.
  • Options
    I again say it's strange that getting rid of RD and KM has to be the number one priority to getting our Charlton back but is not fully supported.
    I still ask " why do you support the regime?
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

There are those that go to watch a game and there are Charlton supporters. Under the current regime if you go to watch a game- go somewhere else.
    If you are a true Charlton supporter then the regime is unacceptable and all protests to get them out are valid.
    KM and RD - go from our club.

The biggest load of bollox I have read on here today!
    Do you write your stuff blindfolded then?!!!
    What time you getting there today for the demos elfs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016
    jdmotion said:

I took my kids to their first game at The Valley for the Middlesbrough match last season. They loved it. They (and the decent sized crowd) got behind both the protests and the team equally. You could see the players responding to the passion on display. The protests didn't affect them in a negative way at all. And we beat a team destined for the premiership quite comfortably.

It could be argued that the Roland out chanting that most people participated in that day warmed up the crowd and broke the ice on the vocal chords of the charlton fans who then magnificently continued backing the team throughout the game, even after the walk out.

We need an early sing song each match to get everybody going.
  • Options

It's quite simple really in those circumstances.

I think the Birmingham was the best one. 3 or 4 mins singing Roland Out, then followed after that when the game was about to restart with a massive, rallying Valley Floyd Road.

Feelings made clear and then positive in rallying players

That would be good today, the team did well in the week, huge away support from Sheffield.
    Lets protest and give 100% for the team.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Hopefully we do but I am concerned at the two or three people on another forum who repeatedly and increasingly advocate violence against anyone protesting. Clearly these individuals have other bigger issues, but it's a sad indictment o the regime that among all the other chaos they have brought on Charlton, they have turned fans against each other.

I am worried that the appointment of a new manager will, albeit hopefully temporarily, divide the support even more, with those advocating he be given a chance being even more vocal against those who protest.

Sad times.
    Indeed and it is interesting that these, apparently serious threats continue to be made yet posters on here have had their collars felt.

Double standards it seems.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Not that we will necessarily have a meteoric rise either, but really I don't see how we'd get relegated out of League One with our finances as they are.

Apologies if I've misunderstood your post, but what has finances got to do with the team being relegated on the pitch.

We wouldn't be the first club with rich owners to be relegated.
  • Options
    Can anyone protesting today please make sure they've brushed their hair, combed their teeth and generally look respectable..