Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD: protests will go ahead against Sheffield United (26/11/16) regardless of management situation

Comments

• Options
    Kap10 said:

Yeah let's have 3 or 4 hold ups.Lets see if we can get a Points deduction.FFS.I want the regime out as well - but the team comes first .Great job what CARD did in Belgium and more of the same really brings it home to him.Stopping a game he probably is not watching won't!

I'm not in favour of holding up play as I have said before. If it is going to happen, its going to happen, but if it is going to happen 3-4 times, you run the risk of those that are tolerating the hold ups being completely alienated from the match day active anti regime and yes you can want to watch a football match and still be anti regime.

It was reported that there was dissent at the last game in the crowd, how do you think it will look if some of our fans start fighting because of the continued stoppages .. it will look like Millwall.

The single stoppage makes the point and does not fracture the fan base, multiple stoppages, a points deduction will fracture the fans base. For or against the regime, I would hope everybody on this board want the fans to be as one when this lot go!
    To my knowledge a points deduction for crowd problems has only happened once and then it followed warnings and a suspended points deduction. Needless scare-mongering !
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Well said Essex Al and you are not in the minority

He is very much in the minority.

The majority want to support a community-focussed club with a full stadium, in The Championship at least, with a team made up of players who understand what it means to play for Charlton, staff who understand that supporters are stakeholders rather than customers and a youth policy which aims to produce players to represent our first team.

The minority, who don't support the protests, appear to want to support a club playing in an empty stadium, in League 1, changing its manager 3 times a season, developing players to sell on at the first opportunity, treating its customers with contempt and with aspirations which don't extend beyond finishing above the relegation places in the Championship (and they couldn't even manage that).

Utterly, utterly weird to criticise people who are trying to make sure that there's still a club left for future generations to support.

He is very much in the minority.
    The majority must have got lost for banner/flag day then
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

I no longer go to the Valley also I haven't been a season ticket holder for some time for geographical reasons. According to this site about 5k still do go and they deserve respect as fellow Charlton fans. There are many ways that CARD can protest and stopping the game has been done and done well. It is now time to find other forms of protest and allow those who do attend to "enjoy" their match

One more thing, I never want Charlton to loose whoever the owner may be and I do find it difficult to understand those of you who don't care about the results of our club, but each to their own.

Post of the week!
    seconded .. I am travelling a long way to see the Blades match this Saturday .. I'd like to watch this very important game uninterrupted by any 'disruptions' other than chants and banners
    Thirded!
  • Options

I would not be against a points deduction. I suspect after a couple of wins on the bounce you are dreaming of promotion? I will tell you now if the current owners achieve promotion they will be so far up themselves and keen to tell us "told you so" they will be here forever and you will never get rid of them.

Any success under the current regime will strengthen their hand and weaken ours.

100% I categorically do not want the club to achieve any success under this regime and would still take another relegation if it meant them leaving.
    My attitude as well.
    Minority I know but I disagree. I think there's more chance of selling if we're worth anything, then he can milk it. Don't feel match disruption helps anyone at this time, irrespective of past results.

• Options
    I am going to be taking son + son's best mate by the looks of it.

Assuming I can buy tickets that is ;)
  • Options

I would not be against a points deduction. I suspect after a couple of wins on the bounce you are dreaming of promotion? I will tell you now if the current owners achieve promotion they will be so far up themselves and keen to tell us "told you so" they will be here forever and you will never get rid of them.

Any success under the current regime will strengthen their hand and weaken ours.

100% I categorically do not want the club to achieve any success under this regime and would still take another relegation if it meant them leaving.
    My attitude as well.
    Minority I know but I disagree. I think there's more chance of selling if we're worth anything, then he can milk it. Don't feel match disruption helps anyone at this time, irrespective of past results.

Is there a facility where you can take away somebody's like?

Al, may your next poo be a giant hedgehog mate!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016

My attitude as well.

Elfs I'd hate to be your enemy
  • Options
    edited November 2016

I am going to be taking son + son's best mate by the looks of it.

Assuming I can buy tickets that is ;)

Tried to buy online but couldn't find the fixture - then hours later read earlier on this thread that you have to refresh your log-in details before re-freshing the ticket page.

Well why the hell didn't they explain that on the OS unless someone is going to tell me they did.....all I saw was that you had to be an existing member in October so they were barring new registrations to stop Sheff Utd fans.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    clb74 said:

My attitude as well.

Elfs I'd hate to be your enemy
    With your wit my man you could never be my enemy.

Pico might say otherwise though!
  • Options

My attitude as well.

Opinions are like arseholes; everyone has one. So we disagree Elfsborg, and the problem is? I've been behind every demonstration but just this match, in this transitional period, i'd prefer something outside the ground. My opinion. I'm allowed to have one.
    I was not referring to your post, but never mind.

Merry Christmas.
  • Options
    Ooh can that be used @ElfsborgAddick as a message to Roland?
  • Options

Ooh can that be used @ElfsborgAddick as a message to Roland?

Which one?
  • Options
    Roland

Merry Christmas.

• Options

Roland

Merry Christmas.

Of course go for it, payment would be a cut of your annual bonus though!
  • Options
    Very good, my annual bonus is negative generally so you are welcome to contribute.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Very good, my annual bonus is negative generally so you are welcome to contribute.

We'll try again next year!

Have a nice Christmas.
  • Options
    It's ok, you have until 20 March to chip in ;)
  • Options

'Blinkered extremists'
    How on earth @Essex_Al can call anyone blinkered is beyond me.
    Just remind yourself how many managers we have gone through since Jan 2014 before calling anyone blinkered.......

He's a pillock behind the keyboard but a good geezer in real life!

Hard to believe I know.
    Are, but you know its nothing I wouldn't say to your face! (if I was on my knees!)
  • Options
    WSS said:

@LoOkOuT 6 of them?

Twelve aren't there? Six heads, two per head! :-)
  • Options
    Hex said:

Kap10 said:

Yeah let's have 3 or 4 hold ups.Lets see if we can get a Points deduction.FFS.I want the regime out as well - but the team comes first .Great job what CARD did in Belgium and more of the same really brings it home to him.Stopping a game he probably is not watching won't!

I'm not in favour of holding up play as I have said before. If it is going to happen, its going to happen, but if it is going to happen 3-4 times, you run the risk of those that are tolerating the hold ups being completely alienated from the match day active anti regime and yes you can want to watch a football match and still be anti regime.

It was reported that there was dissent at the last game in the crowd, how do you think it will look if some of our fans start fighting because of the continued stoppages .. it will look like Millwall.

The single stoppage makes the point and does not fracture the fan base, multiple stoppages, a points deduction will fracture the fans base. For or against the regime, I would hope everybody on this board want the fans to be as one when this lot go!
    To my knowledge a points deduction for crowd problems has only happened once and then it followed warnings and a suspended points deduction. Needless scare-mongering !

It was someone on CL that stated they wanted a points deduction from match disruption, I merely followed that point. Glad you agree with the rest though.
  • Options

I'm not against the protests, just think for a couple of weeks it wouldn't hurt to just not protest during the game like what the new manager has alluded to.

The manager who has formed the core of his career so far at a so called Football Club named Milton Keynes Dons.

Let's be honest here, he will have no real relevance to the future of our Football Club, nor has he the past - if we all sit back and do as they say nothing will change.

You can't please everyone, us protesting won't affect the football he will want to promote - the game will be stopped for it. Our players have had this a few times now - if anything its more of a hinderance on the opponents.

We won't get relegated, I doubt we will go up - let's concentrate on whats important.

• Options
    I'm definitely going to get wound up by some happy clapper with head-in-sand tomorrow saying everyone should 'just support the team'.

Patience is wearing thin with them!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I'm definitely going to get wound up by some happy clapper with head-in-sand tomorrow saying everyone should 'just support the team'.

I should think the feeling is mutual....
  • Options

cafctom said:

I should think the feeling is mutual....
    I'm not so sure.

Just from my view, but the family who sits behind myself and my Dad are pro-regime. At the Coventry protest, the woman voiced her opinion against all those around her throwing pigs (this was probably 98% of the nearby crowd). My dad turned around in surprise , gave her a disapproving look.

At halftime she moved seats and has stayed several seats away since. No coincidence as she has sat behind us for last two seasons without moving.