Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD: protests will go ahead against Sheffield United (26/11/16) regardless of management situation

Comments

• Options

It's very easy for the managers to blame the fans or pre-empt it may be their fault and KR may at some point do so ,in a roundabout way. But everyone, deep down, knows the real problem is the guy at the helm of our Club who pulls the strings. Even a points deduction is less harmful to our season than the madness of RD - Karel Fraeye was essentially a points deduction, a rather large one at that.

AA - I would take an ice bath in January if the regime jacked it in and got out. I'm just worried for tomorrow's match; I think the players will have their work cut out just playing for the new boss who'll be sitting in the stands. As I said, I've been 100% behind every protest till now.
  • Options

Generally the anti Roland chants will attract support, whether joining in or clapping along from over half the crowd

The important thing is to carry the support of the "regulars". The majority of people attending matches are against RD, and the last we need is a split amongst ourselves.

Really, I am boycotting but from what I read on hear I do not get the impression that out of the 5 to 6 k regulars that attend each home game the "majority " are against RD?
    I think that the vast majority of those attending are anti-roland but that their need to go to the games outweighs their hatred of what he is doing to our club.
    Or they don't feel that boycotting games will make any difference
    Or they are following the 'support the team' bit. CARD have never asked for a boycott. Fine if people want to, but please stop the holier than thee stuff.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

I'm definitely going to get wound up by some happy clapper with head-in-sand tomorrow saying everyone should 'just support the team'.

Patience is wearing thin with them!

I should think the feeling is mutual....
    Fine, I'll happily educate them on why people are protesting if they aren't interested to pull their heads out of the sand to see it for themselves.

Sorry but I've got past the whole "we need to respect each other's opinions on the regime" nonsense. If me protesting means I'm pissing off someone else sat next to me and their 'enjoyment' of the game, then tough!
    Why pick and choose your game though tom
  • Options
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

I'm definitely going to get wound up by some happy clapper with head-in-sand tomorrow saying everyone should 'just support the team'.

Fine, I'll happily educate them on why people are protesting if they aren't interested to pull their heads out of the sand to see it for themselves.

Sorry but I've got past the whole "we need to respect each other's opinions on the regime" nonsense. If me protesting means I'm pissing off someone else sat next to me and their 'enjoyment' of the game, then tough!
    That's very considerate of you.
  • Options

There are those that go to watch a game and there are Charlton supporters. Under the current regime if you go to watch a game- go somewhere else.
    If you are a true Charlton supporter then the regime is unacceptable and all protests to get them out are valid.
    KM and RD - go from our club.

How has nobody else called out this monstrously patronising and insulting nonsense yet? Absolutely get stuffed
  • Options

There are those that go to watch a game and there are Charlton supporters. Under the current regime if you go to watch a game- go somewhere else.
    If you are a true Charlton supporter then the regime is unacceptable and all protests to get them out are valid.

The biggest load of bollox I have read on here today!
  • Options
    I'm still getting this 'why are you protesting' question from football and non-football people.

I say:

Owner never watches games
    Top players have been fired and replaced with rubbish
    7 owners in 2.5 years (this is the one that everyone recognises as a key indicator of incompetence)
    CEO alienated fans, appears incompetent and still in role due to being friend of the family (not sure about the friend of family but)
    COO seems to not be a goodun.

About this stage they say, football or non-football, something on the lines of 'OK, and so have you managed to be so restrained then?'
  • Options

I'm still getting this 'why are you protesting' question from football and non-football people.

I say:

Owner never watches games
    Top players have been fired and replaced with rubbish
    7 owners in 2.5 years (this is the one that everyone recognises as a key indicator of incompetence)
    CEO alienated fans, appears incompetent and still in role due to being friend of the family (not sure about the friend of family but)
    COO seems to not be a goodun.

About this stage they say, football or non-football, something on the lines of 'OK, and so have you managed to be so restrained then?'

You'd hope at least one of them would be good for the future of the club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am amazed- simple question to those coming on here putting down the protests.
    Why are you happy with the current regime?
    As the current regime has contempt for the true fans, lies to them, perhaps you are comfortable with that.
  • Options

I am amazed- simple question to those coming on here putting down the protests.
    Why are you happy with the current regime?
    As the current regime has contempt for the true fans, lies to them, perhaps you are comfortable with that.

Simple question?

Your weren't slagging off the fans for supporting the team then?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Why pick and choose your game though tom
    I'm there every home game mate
  • Options
    Protest every game then sing roland out every game then all game .
    Yes tomorrow will be a big demo game but the game after Peterborough if we want Roland out starts and not many join in the protest songs go dead.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Yes tomorrow will be a big demo game but the game after Peterborough if we want Roland out starts and not many join in the protest songs go dead.

What a great idea-Yawn
  • Options
    The question has not been answered. Why do you support the regime?
    The team has consisted of inadequate players and managers foisted on the club by RD and KM, plus KM insulting fans and the club. Whoever called football fans customers?
    Supporting a team representing a regime ruining your supposed club is odder would you prefer wired.
    I believe getting rid of the regime is the only way to re build the club.
    A further observation is from what I have seen in the ground recently there is not much support, just apathy.
  • Options

clb74 said:

What a great idea-Yawn
    Ray what I'm saying is if there are to be protests then protest this game we will this game we won't.
    If tom wants to protest and is not bothered if it pisses people then get on with it
  • Options
    What ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What ?

:)
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

It is disgraceful CARD are not being supported, some of the stuff on social media is disgusting, how fans can be divided Just baffles me. This regime will fail regardless who is in the team, or manages the team, or serves the tea to the fecking team!

The protests are against Roland, the players should respect that and so should any new manager.

This is our club not anyone else's we will be here when Roland has gone.

CARD may not be here forever but the Fans who stepped up in the clubs time of need will be here to step up again when needed, what manager or player will do that?

If CARD say fuck this we are done then what?

Good luck on Saturday guys! What ever you have planned I'm sure it will be great.

We can start to enjoy uninterrupted football again!
    In an empty stadium!
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Leuth said:

How has nobody else called out this monstrously patronising and insulting nonsense yet? Absolutely get stuffed
    The simple truth that some seem unable or unwilling to understand is that there is a hierarchy to the business of modern football and what happens on the pitch, during those 90+ minutes every week, is only possible because of what happens off of the pitch the other 9,990 minutes of the week. If that goes wrong, as it has consistently since Roland took temporary control, then there will be no team to watch. There is no such thing as "I just want to watch my team" without paying attention to the management of the club on a day-to-day basis. At least, it would be selfish to expect others to carry on the fight just to prolong the self-delusion.

We all owe a debt of gratitude to those that have fought for the sustainable management of the club through its history, whether one is cognisant or appreciative of that or not.

So, it is possible to prioritise the fight against Roland over any given match day.

You might not like that, but that's another matter.
    This is all fairly reasonable. But it doesn't mean I can't tell someone who's said 'there are those that go to watch a game and there are Charlton supporters' to get stuffed.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

We are in no circumstances whatsoever dropping below League One with this ownership. That is my firm belief. You may ridicule me off the boards should the reverse transpire (unless of course it's brought about by fan action)

It may not look that way at the moment but who knows what will happen next season, if we are still in this division?
  • Options
    Not that we will necessarily have a meteoric rise either, but really I don't see how we'd get relegated out of League One with our finances as they are.
  • Options

Leuth said:

We are in no circumstances whatsoever dropping below League One with this ownership. That is my firm belief. You may ridicule me off the boards should the reverse transpire (unless of course it's brought about by fan action)

It may not look that way at the moment but who knows what will happen next season, if we are still in this division?
    Presumably we'll sell a couple of players, look to sign players of a Magennis/Holmes/Ulvestad quality and push for promotion again?