Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD: protests will go ahead against Sheffield United (26/11/16) regardless of management situation

Comments

• Options
    Protests are all well and good but we need to hit them harder in the pocket where it does hurt. As beach balls or flying pigs haven't had the desired effect.
    Neither has Taxi for Roland he is so thick skinned It seems he just want to bankrupt us and sell the ground for development!
  • Options

Protests are all well and good but we need to hit them harder in the pocket where it does hurt. As beach balls or flying pigs haven't had the desired effect.
    Neither has Taxi for Roland he is so thick skinned It seems he just want to bankrupt us and sell the ground for development!

any ideas then?
  • Options

any ideas then?
    I hope not.
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited November 2016
    Really can't understand the KM and RD lap dog apologist stance, they are so poisonous to Charlton Athletic.

The club as it is now is a shadow of what it was as early as 10 years ago.

Has anybody seen the film Blackbooks?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeah let's have 3 or 4 hold ups.Lets see if we can get a Points deduction.FFS.I want the regime out as well - but the team comes first .Great job what CARD did in Belgium and more of the same really brings it home to him.Stopping a game he probably is not watching won't!

I'm not in favour of holding up play as I have said before. If it is going to happen, its going to happen, but if it is going to happen 3-4 times, you run the risk of those that are tolerating the hold ups being completely alienated from the match day active anti regime and yes you can want to watch a football match and still be anti regime.

It was reported that there was dissent at the last game in the crowd, how do you think it will look if some of our fans start fighting because of the continued stoppages .. it will look like Millwall.

The single stoppage makes the point and does not fracture the fan base, multiple stoppages, a points deduction will fracture the fans base. For or against the regime, I would hope everybody on this board want the fans to be as one when this lot go!
  • Options
    Have suspended boycott for big protests in the past, but five-a-side seemed more appealing this weekend. Hope it's a good one though. Give em hell.
  • Options

Daggs said:

PWR.
    I support the aims of CARD and I have supported them throughout all the previous protests, even though I was not always present.
    In view of the excellent result at Bristol allied to the fact Nugent will remain as 'manager' and the importance of the game V Sheff. Utd. May I request whatever CARD has planned for Saturday, they do nothing to affect the match whilst it is being played.
    Protests before, after and even at half-time would be acceptable to me. But please don't ruin this game.

Request noted. Request denied.
    Indeed, fully agreed.
  • Options
    CHG said:

Really can't understand the KM and RD lap dog apologist stance, they are so poisonous to Charlton Athletic.

The club as it is now is a shadow of what it was as early as 10 years ago.

Has anybody seen the film Blackbooks?

Yes - there's one scene that I would not wish on even KM/RD!
  • Options

In the last CASTRUST survey, open to all fans, 88% agreed that protests should continue and 95% said they feared for the future of the club under Duchatelet.

Can't remember the question but did it then break down the nature of the protest as I am sure that there would have been variances between each activity, for instrance the B20 protest would have got a higher rating than the stopping the game, i'm not saying that stopping the game wiould have a low rating but it would IMHO, be lower than some.

Did you also have a breakdown between responder source eg what percentage were on CL, what percentage were match day responders etc, how many never go to games etc. Could be some interesting analysis, which could direct CAST to where they could focus efforts to convert the so called apologists.
  • Options

Only my own interpretation so could be wrong, but I suspect that those who want to slate CARD, B20 or whoever for 'having their matchday experience interrupted' are more against those who are responsible for organising the protests than the protest itself.

Lets be honest, in terms of organised game-impacting protests, what has there been?

Effectively, a marginal delay to KO due to harmless inflatables, soft toys (which police seem fine with as classing as proportionate and carry zero danger or record of anyone getting hurt) which has received widespread international recognition.

Is that 3-4 min delay whilst the crowd are at their most passionate, and what more often than not a pre-curser for a victory REALLY that negatively impacting on your matchday experience?

Other game impacting protests (smoke bombs, pitch invaders, professional whistle when Boro were about to shoot) have all been down to individuals rather than organised groups (but again, have received widespread cheers / support in the ground from those attending).

However, they are clearly not something that are organised.

I thought the whistles were organized by CARD. ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I no longer go to the Valley also I haven't been a season ticket holder for some time for geographical reasons. According to this site about 5k still do go and they deserve respect as fellow Charlton fans. There are many ways that CARD can protest and stopping the game has been done and done well. It is now time to find other forms of protest and allow those who do attend to "enjoy" their match

One more thing, I never want Charlton to loose whoever the owner may be and I do find it difficult to understand those of you who don't care about the results of our club, but each to their own.

I completely disagree.
    If you think that there are many ways that CARD can protest, other than stopping the game and still be as effective in the eyes of the wider world, then please contact CARD with your suggestions.
    I personally think that every one of the protests that have resulted in match stoppages have been a success and I hope that there will be more to come.
    I do respect those fans that still go, my brother is one of them, but I cannot bring myself to give money to the regime (other than the Coventry game, when CARD asked boycotters to attend).
    With regard to never wanting Charlton to lose then I have to say, as much as it hurts me, that I do. As long as we do not get relegated (that would just hurt too much) then I am happy to see us lose matches (except Millwall!). I really don't want Meire or Duchatelet presiding over a promotion, because we would never hear the last of how his lordship's vision is working and we would never be rid of them (I don't accept that he is more likely to sell if we are a Championship club).
    Did you just climb into my head and read my mind?
    You must he another of those blinkered extremists then!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Only my own interpretation so could be wrong, but I suspect that those who want to slate CARD, B20 or whoever for 'having their matchday experience interrupted' are more against those who are responsible for organising the protests than the protest itself.

Lets be honest, in terms of organised game-impacting protests, what has there been?

Effectively, a marginal delay to KO due to harmless inflatables, soft toys (which police seem fine with as classing as proportionate and carry zero danger or record of anyone getting hurt) which has received widespread international recognition.

Is that 3-4 min delay whilst the crowd are at their most passionate, and what more often than not a pre-curser for a victory REALLY that negatively impacting on your matchday experience?

Other game impacting protests (smoke bombs, pitch invaders, professional whistle when Boro were about to shoot) have all been down to individuals rather than organised groups (but again, have received widespread cheers / support in the ground from those attending).

However, they are clearly not something that are organised.

I thought the whistles were organized by CARD. ?
    The Boro player stopping was one of the best moments but CARD organised the mass whistles not the geezer who brought a real ref's whistle hence the game stopping.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Essex_Al said:

I no longer go to the Valley also I haven't been a season ticket holder for some time for geographical reasons. According to this site about 5k still do go and they deserve respect as fellow Charlton fans. There are many ways that CARD can protest and stopping the game has been done and done well. It is now time to find other forms of protest and allow those who do attend to "enjoy" their match

One more thing, I never want Charlton to loose whoever the owner may be and I do find it difficult to understand those of you who don't care about the results of our club, but each to their own.

Post of the week!
    What would those other forms of protest enatil then, any ideas? Oh that's right you don't agree with any of them do you. Quite happy with the way the club is progressing? Happy that crowds are disappearing?
    Post of the week.
  • Options

Well said Essex Al and you are not in the minority

I should have introduced the pair of you in the Dog and Bone!
  • Options

'Blinkered extremists'
    How on earth @Essex_Al can call anyone blinkered is beyond me.
    Just remind yourself how many managers we have gone through since Jan 2014 before calling anyone blinkered.......

He's a pillock behind the keyboard but a good geezer in real life!

Hard to believe I know.
  • Options

I wouldn't say he's thick-skinned, otherwise why conduct Robinson's job interview in Paris instead of avoiding SE7 as usual? A nd why bother lying to the local press about the Taxi? He's quite comfortable when he's far away from the protests, very furtive when there's any danger of coming face to face with real live fans.
  • Options

In the last CASTRUST survey, open to all fans, 88% agreed that protests should continue and 95% said they feared for the future of the club under Duchatelet.

Exactly how many were wearing blinkers though?
    imageimageimageimageimage
    iu.jpeg 20.9K
  • Options
    Record breaker.....
  • Options
    @LoOkOuT 6 of them?