Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD: protests will go ahead against Sheffield United (26/11/16) regardless of management situation

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016
    If the protest that is the talk of the 'other' invite only forum goes ahead, then just WOW.
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Some will disagree but jeez 2 wins on the spin and rose tinted glasses are put on by some.

We should not be in this league.

When they took over we had an established squad and a couple of extra players, which with Roland's wealth was achievable, we could have pushed for the Prem.

Yesterday only 2 players in the entire squad had played more than 30 games for CAFC and we had yet again no Manager....

We now await the next guy in line for the firing squad, in my opinion it doesn't matter who it is, it's irrelevant.

Last night Leicester won in the Champions League, without a 1st half performance by our goalie we quite easily could have have lost.We were on par with Leicester a couple of years ago. Obviously they have done miracle but look what Roland has done to our club. We are playing in front of a few thousand customers, only 3 years ago in League 1 there were 15000 at the Valley. That is what he has done.

We shouldnt throw anything on the pitch as there is a new guy (possibly) at the helm, give him a chance, it is disrespectful - diddums. Who cares about the new guy?

I want my Chartlon back, will never happen under this Regime.

#Roland out

Absolutely, 100% spot on.
  • Options

If the protest that is the talk of the 'other' invite only forum goes ahead, then just WOW.

wouldn't it be better to keep that sort of thing to yourself?
  • Options
    I think he was joking!
  • Options

wouldn't it be better to keep that sort of thing to yourself?

I think he was joking!

you can never be too careful, they have spies everywhere, even in the dressing room.
  • Options

Poor form if it turns out to be Robinson's first game. He surely deserves a chance to have an uninterrupted crack at it.

This point was addressed in the statement. A seventh fresh start in three years. The eighth is just around the corner.

Some will disagree but I'm fully behind them at this point.
    This. The managerial change is completely irrelevant. Getting them out is the priority above everything.
  • Options

Poor form if it turns out to be Robinson's first game. He surely deserves a chance to have an uninterrupted crack at it.

He's essentially asked for the protests to be stopped during the game. Crack on with pre/post match protests and targeting the Belgians personally but when the game starts turn it in.

So when you turn on BBC / Sky & see 3000 pigs stopping the game do you really think it would have the same coverage as 3000 pigs thrown on the pitch at 2.30pm or standing behind the west stand protesting ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016

He, whoever it will be hasn't even started and oh back off the protests everything is fine .....

Fuk 'em all oohaah, we're gonna protest
  • Options
    Robinson, Curbishley . . . doesn't matter who the new 'temporary' incumbent is, the objective is to get these Belgians out! CARD deserve all our backing in their campaign to get our club back. If that means upsetting some gobby scouser or anyone else stupid enough to take on the job - tough!

I just have this sneaking feeling that unless there is more DIRECT action these people are here for the long run. Let's look at a possible January scenario; Lookman plus Konsa go - that could see somewhere near 10 million coming into boost Douchebag's coffers. His crazy plan is to sell at least one promising youngster per season, thereby obviating much of his losses.
  • Options

Yeah let's have 3 or 4 hold ups.Lets see if we can get a Points deduction.FFS.I want the regime out as well - but the team comes first .Great job what CARD did in Belgium and more of the same really brings it home to him.Stopping a game he probably is not watching won't!

I would not be against a points deduction. I suspect after a couple of wins on the bounce you are dreaming of promotion? I will tell you now if the current owners achieve promotion they will be so far up themselves and keen to tell us "told you so" they will be here forever and you will never get rid of them.

Any success under the current regime will strengthen their hand and weaken ours.
    Grow up, the only chance you've got of getting new owners is in the Championship. Oh! by the way, they hold all the cards. Pun intended.
    Not necessarily. What if we dropped into league 2 and he decided he's losing so much money he'll cut his losses and sell?

And on i don't want us relegated again, i'm just putting a different opinion across.
    This time last year many people thought that relegation from the Championship would make him more likely to sell the club....indeed I recall such comments after the Boro match.

Personally, I think we're far more likely to get a decent buyer in the Championship than in L1 or L2.
  • Options
    The important thing is to carry the support of the "regulars". The majority of people attending matches are against RD, and the last we need is a split amongst ourselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The important thing is to carry the support of the "regulars". The majority of people attending matches are against RD, and the last we need is a split amongst ourselves.

Really, I am boycotting but from what I read on hear I do not get the impression that out of the 5 to 6 k regulars that attend each home game the "majority " are against RD?
  • Options
    If we go on a successful run that gets us promoted, what will CARD do then? What if the same were to occur next season? Do the protests continue in spite of our league standing? If the club starts being run in a way that sees success in the league, I'm not sure CARD will have a leg to stand on.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

If we go on a successful run that gets us promoted, what will CARD do then? What if the same were to occur next season? Do the protests continue in spite of our league standing? If the club starts being run in a way that sees success in the league, I'm not sure CARD will have a leg to stand on.

P.s this isn't me sticking up for anyone as we need shot of Roland as his "ownership" is doing nothing for us. We're not challenging for anything yet this season therefore lessons are not showing to have been learned at all. We in my opinion need to better a 9th place championship finish for the protests to stop and prove that the club are really trying for success.

I also want to know what CARD's end game is.

What does success look like to CARD?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

P.s this isn't me sticking up for anyone as we need shot of Roland as his "ownership" is doing nothing for us. We're not challenging for anything yet this season therefore lessons are not showing to have been learned at all. We in my opinion need to better a 9th place championship finish for the protests to stop and prove that the club are really trying for success.

I also want to know what CARD's end game is.

What does success look like to CARD?
    When the rat sells up
  • Options

Really, I am boycotting but from what I read on hear I do not get the impression that out of the 5 to 6 k regulars that attend each home game the "majority " are against RD?
    I think that the vast majority of those attending are anti-roland but that their need to go to the games outweighs their hatred of what he is doing to our club.
  • Options

The 'we want Roland out' chants at the last home game were a bit half-hearted/pathetic to be honest. Not many fans around me in the covered end were chanting it. I also thought it was a bit daft to try and start it when the rest of the charlton fans were still cheering the replay of the second goal. Reactions on Saturday could prove interesting
  • Options
    Generally the anti Roland chants will attract support, whether joining in or clapping along from over half the crowd

I think that the vast majority of those attending are anti-roland but that their need to go to the games outweighs their hatred of what he is doing to our club.
    Or they don't feel that boycotting games will make any difference
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

But this just isn't going to happen, is it?
    He does not have a clue as to how to run a football club and has appointed people to senior positions who also have no idea.
    If he refuses to sell and seriously wants to take the club forward then he would need to forget his idea of a network and shuffling his people within it, completely change the SMT and to appoint people who have experience. Even if he did this I would still reserve judgement.