Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD: protests will go ahead against Sheffield United (26/11/16) regardless of management situation

Comments

• Options

jdmotion said:

cafctom said:

Essex_Al said:

cafctom said:

Why on earth has the anti-CARD stuff seemingly really stepped up over the past week?

Is it simply because we had a couple of wins and then instantly people started thinking that any kind of protest would ruin the momentum of the team?

No mate it's nothing to do with us getting a couple of wins, it's the fact that supporters that do go and support the team are sick and tired of the boring nonsense of throwing stuff on the pitch and delaying games. We also have a new manager in place who seems to be welcomed by the majority, and fans want to give him the best possible support to get us back up into the Championship.

All you are doing is splitting the fan base and as already stated on here in another thread things are beginning to turn ugly. My humble advice to CARD is think very carefully about your next move!

The only thing splitting the fan base are those who have personal agendas against those involved with CARD for whatever reason.

WE are also split between boycotters and attenders. One thing unites us- no-one actually knows what will get rid of Roland.
    I'm becoming increasingly worried that nothing will.
    Well he is seventy so one way or another he will be gone
    He has a son hasn't he, when Roland hangs up his boots I am sure he will inherit the business?
    Let's hope his son hasn't got children. Then at least some of you younger lifers will see a Roland free Charlton.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

So just ten or twenty years then. Agh!
  • Options
    We are now getting to the stage where we may be able to set up a charity with the charitable purpose of providing benefits to society in generalthrough delivering changes to football club ownership.

One stated aim will be the removal of Duchatelet and his family and associates.

And the oystons.

But mainly Duchatelet.
  • Options

jdmotion said:

cafctom said:

Essex_Al said:

cafctom said:

Why on earth has the anti-CARD stuff seemingly really stepped up over the past week?

Is it simply because we had a couple of wins and then instantly people started thinking that any kind of protest would ruin the momentum of the team?

No mate it's nothing to do with us getting a couple of wins, it's the fact that supporters that do go and support the team are sick and tired of the boring nonsense of throwing stuff on the pitch and delaying games. We also have a new manager in place who seems to be welcomed by the majority, and fans want to give him the best possible support to get us back up into the Championship.

All you are doing is splitting the fan base and as already stated on here in another thread things are beginning to turn ugly. My humble advice to CARD is think very carefully about your next move!

The only thing splitting the fan base are those who have personal agendas against those involved with CARD for whatever reason.

WE are also split between boycotters and attenders. One thing unites us- no-one actually knows what will get rid of Roland.
    He has a son hasn't he, when Roland hangs up his boots I am sure he will inherit the business?
    Noooooooooooooooo
  • Options

jdmotion said:

cafctom said:

Essex_Al said:

cafctom said:

Noooooooooooooooo
    That's something for us all to look forward to!
  • Options
    I think he has more than one son.
  • Options

I think he has more than one son.

Don't wind me up Neil cant have another 50 years of us all arguing
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

I understand Robbo is a red. He will know about the issues surrounding the Hicks/Gillette regime at Anfield. He therefore needs to understand that CARD mirrors the Spirit of Shankly Group at Liverpool. If he gets that, he will understand thhere is more to it.

You what!!! I know nothing. About anything. Ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The pitch throwing protest was about as flat as the football and the atmosphere on Saturday. Time to take a more direct approach at RD and KM.
  • Options

The pitch throwing protest was about as flat as the football and the atmosphere on Saturday. Time to take a more direct approach at RD and KM.

Like?
  • Options
    Well done @wiltshireaddick.

Personally, I miss the protests outside the west stand and hope I can help if they are considered useful.

Do you have any ideas that may work in Belgium?
  • Options
    I trust that @Essex_Al will have read & inwardly digested those wise & succinct words of The Master.

If anyone is able to verbalise the situation in a manner that everyone can understand and hit every nail in the toolbox on its proverbial, it's this Lifer.....

...time after time after time.

Please would you have my babies, @Grapevine49 ?

:smile:
  • Options
    Without protest the match atmosphere is non existent . Last season the people in the west stand complaining about the protests not supporting the team then seemed to spend all the match criticising & booking players.
  • Options

I trust that @Essex_Al will have read & inwardly digested those wise & succinct words of The Master.

If anyone is able to verbalise the situation in a manner that everyone can understand and hit every nail in the toolbox on its proverbial, it's this Lifer.....

If the master can tell me what will rid us of them two in the next 6 months I would happily join in.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    To be fair to @Essex_Al - the last thing he said in his post was:
    Essex_Al said:

My humble advice to CARD is think very carefully about your next move!

I do think he has a point.
    I have no doubt that those doing most of the work at CARD are well aware of how the various protests/events have been received by other fans and the general public and are making plans accordingly, but it seems to me (bearing in mind I'm a few thousand miles around the world) that there has been a bit of a shift in attitudes of some (not necessarily all on this site) towards being 'anti-protest' or, at the very least 'bored with the protests'.

The work CARD do is important, but keeping people onside is a big part of that and is just as, if not more, important.
    You'll never please all of the people all of the time, but we may need to make sure we please more of the people more of the time.

I wish I had the inventiveness to come up with a plan and if I was living back home I would be getting involved whenever I could, but Essex Al is right on that final point - careful thought is needed.
  • Options

Reasonably sure that's not biologically possible Fanny :-) Although if they do manage it I'll be even more impressed with them than I am already...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We have some proper lame pathetic support that deserve the shit served up by this clueless ownership

Agree 100%.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Yep it's all become too much hard work and not exciting enough for me , just turning up and everything being organised by someone else to embarrass the regime
    I'm afraid the owners are still here and unless you've got them out in the next 6 weeks I'm afraid I'm gonna just be happy to turn up and watch the manager merry go round and demise of our football club continue without making any more effort than I currently do

We have some proper lame pathetic support that deserve the shit served up by this clueless ownership

I can't tell if you're having a pop at my post or someone else.
    To clarify, I support the protests. I just think we should be mindful of public opinion and how it can and does change.
  • Options
    If the cap fits Lordromford ......

And I'm sure it doesn't fit you !
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Dear Fanny

Unfortunately I've had the chop so cannot supply you with babies I'm afraid, but would be very happy to get in a bit of practice, I am of course still a bit of a stud! The after sex chat would be very interesting!

Oh . . . . . . . . . . . . you meant Grapevine! :blush:
    I imagine the after sex chat is more sensible than the tripe you post on here.

Are you going to Bradford so you can buy me a pre xmas Heineken?!
  • Options
    edited November 2016

The basis for the protests has not changed since the day they started.

The results speak for themselves.

- Powell was foisted with 6 Liege rejects
    - Riga Part 1 was supported with 2 low key emergency loans
    - Peeters, who bought into the youth development culture "big time" was forced to play Pope for too long when Henderson was injured and desperately needed a foil to take the weight off Vetokele. Neither was forthcoming. The wheels came off.
    - Luzon was then allowed to draft in a few additional resources to close out that season. Yet the next season saw him patiently waiting for 3 new faces at the close of the August transfer window.He was left waiting for the rest of his tenure
    - Fraeye, no matter his personal demeanour, professionally was a collective "brainfart"
    - Riga Part 2 was given a plethora of aged unfit veterans/ loans who took weeks to get fit
    - Slade, who started late, was still trying to build his squad at the close of this seasons' transfer window a mere 12 weeks ago. 12 weeks with a squad bereft of any midfield mobility and he is out of the door
    People keep harping on about all of these issues being in the past "so move on" but the likes of Driessen are still on the payroll. We know not how many other secret " advisors" are in and around the club.
    The regime is simply not fit for purpose - nothing has changed.

Brilliant post of course, and a great summation of the history of this regime.

I'd love it if RD suddenly sold the club. But I fear he may not. So, playing devil's advocate for a moment.... (please don't shoot me!)...

Imagine an alien diplomat landing on planet earth this week to look at what the hell is wrong at The Valley.

He (or she) would see:

Almost three years of management disasters, mistake after mistake after mistake made by CEO and owner.
    A mission statement that was not only insulting to the fans, but unrealistic & not fit for purpose.
    An owner tinkering from afar, without the know-how to tinker successfully.
    An inexperienced and unqualified CEO, completely unsuited to the role.
    An inexperienced and unqualified network 'scout' (Driesen) completely unsuited to the role.
    A club 'at war' with it's fans, or at least a large section of them.
    A club that won't talk to the Supporters Trust.
    A fan boycott reducing revenues to the club.
    A well organised and well supported protest group, CARD, who have led an imaginative and unimpeachable campaign against the owner and CEO.
    But a split fanbase, most of whom don't like the owner, some of whom support the protests, some of whom, perhaps an increasing number, 'just want to watch the football'.

So what would your alien diplomat do. Throw his tentacles up and say 'There's nothing that can be done here, I'm off!'?

No he wouldn't. He's a professional.

Firstly, he'd see if there could be a simple solution; the owner selling, or CARD giving up the fight.
    He'd soon realise that neither is likely to happen any time soon.
    He'd see a classic stalemate situation developing.
    He'd see the huge disconnect between club and supporters.

After examining the background issues (as beautifully described by @Grapevine49) he would:

1. Look for signs that mistakes have been acknowledged and learned from.
    2. He'd look for contrition.
    3. He'd seek common ground, and a way forward that would suit both parties.

He'd need evidence.

So he'd find evidence that mistakes have at least been acknowledged.

He would find some evidence that mistakes have been learned from - two suitable managers appointed, no network players imposed, less tinkering in team affairs.
    He'd find some evidence that mistakes haven't been learned from - Thomas Driesen still in a (less influential) role, new manager not given enough time.
    The appointment of Chris O'Laughlin is (yet) another spanner in the works, although his role and future have remained undefined.

He'd see no real evidence of contrition.
    He could put that down to either a lack of contrition, or poor communication.

As for 3. Common Ground:

Common ground could only be established with face to face talks, ACAS style.
    A way forward that would be suitable to both sides, would be the aim of any talks.
    [In fact, ACAS's services could be employed - they're very good at this sort of thing.]
    There would need to be a fresh mission statement from the owner and CEO, that would be acceptable to supporters.
    This statement would need to lay out both their aspirations for the club, and their plans for turning these aspirations into reality.

If this approach doesn't work, then at least we tried, and the protests could continue.
    We'd at least have the kudos of having made the first move.
  • Options
    You missed out the ridiculous appointment of C O'L to the coaching staff before they had found their new manager , thereby foisting someone on KR
  • Options
    edited November 2016

You missed out the ridiculous appointment of C O'L to the coaching staff before they had found their new manager , thereby foisting someone on KR

Thanks. Duly edited.