Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Everton agree fee for Lookman (ed. Gone)

Comments

• Options
    Extra £1m signing on fee was the personal term apparently.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I think he gets £1m anyway (if the fee is £10m) as he is entitled to 10% as he didn't hand in a transfer request.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

I think he gets £1m anyway (if the fee is £10m) as he is entitled to 10% as he didn't hand in a transfer request.
    Everton couldt be paying the rest of his Charlton contract?
  • Options
    I wonder how much of that £10 million we'll actually see, assuming the fee is even near that. A imagine a lot will be predicated on appearances for England, the first team and possibly European football. If we've negotiated £6m up front and then £4m of probably maybes then that's one thing, but if they're just chucking £2m at us and the rest is in hope that he goes on to be Messi then we might not have played a blinder. I guess we'll never know
  • Options

I wonder how much of that £10 million we'll actually see, assuming the fee is even near that. A imagine a lot will be predicated on appearances for England, the first team and possibly European football. If we've negotiated £6m up front and then £4m of probably maybes then that's one thing, but if they're just chucking £2m at us and the rest is in hope that he goes on to be Messi then we might not have played a blinder. I guess we'll never know

Surely it would have to be reported in our accounts next year ?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    colthe3rd said:

Macronate said:

If he's travelling up by car, I hope he hasn't become too attached to his hub caps.

Christ how bad is his contract with us if he has a car with hubcaps?
    Its the same type of car that every other player gets when they join us... Because of that you should mainly worry about the wheels coming off rather than the hubcaps as they usually do around March / April time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All into Roland's pocket.
  • Options

Which could hopefully persuade him to sell at a more attractive price due to reducing his losses. Wishful thinking I realise.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Macronate said:

If he's travelling up by car, I hope he hasn't become too attached to his hub caps.

Christ how bad is his contract with us if he has a car with hubcaps?
    Its the same type of car that every other player gets when they join us... Because of that you should mainly worry about the wheels coming off rather than the hubcaps as they usually do around March / April time
    Ah, the updated Curbs model.
  • Options

Which could hopefully persuade him to sell at a more attractive price due to reducing his losses. Wishful thinking I realise.
    I might be wrong but I don't think that him pocketing the money means the debt is reduced.

He pocketed the money he (charlton) paid himself (standard) for Tony Watt and that didn't effect the asking price for SL
  • Options

I would advise the lad to sign for Everton.

Not sure he reads CL....

• Options
    RedChaser said:

That's not very gentlemanly to a lady, hope she hit him with her handbag, cheeky Scouser.
    Citing Russell Slade as an example of how the aging process is accelerated by being Manager of Charlton, let's see which of them looks the older in five months' time - Emma or Karl.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If we get £10m for him then I'll be pleased.......let's hope we can invest some of that cash.

Why would you be pleased? It's just another a Staprix transaction, not money to be invested back into playing staff or overall club improvements. As a fan, you have lost the chance to watch a young talent which is likely to make little difference to our transfer kitty. There's little to be pleased about whether we believe this to be a good price or not. It also adds some creedence to Roly's stated player farm model. Another bad thing for anyone who would rather Charlton were primarily concentrated on winning football matches.
    There already is credence to it, they have told us this their plan. This is us now, see one of our own play for the first team the same amount of times as a season long loan if we are lucky before they are flogged. And we are expected to be thankful we are part of this grotesque version of football farming

• Options

If we get £10m for him then I'll be pleased.......let's hope we can invest some of that cash.

Why would you be pleased? It's just another a Staprix transaction, not money to be invested back into playing staff or overall club improvements. As a fan, you have lost the chance to watch a young talent which is likely to make little difference to our transfer kitty. There's little to be pleased about whether we believe this to be a good price or not. It also adds some creedence to Roly's stated player farm model. Another bad thing for anyone who would rather Charlton were primarily concentrated on winning football matches.

Sadly you are correct. Lookman, Aribo & Konsa will all be sold for good money = success for the player farm model. Depressing

• Options

I'll be pleased because we won't be having our pants pulled down like the Shelvey or Jenkinson deal and only get a few mill. Obviously I'd rather keep him but that's not an option is it?
  • Options
    Carter said:

There already is credence to it, they have told us this their plan. This is us now, see one of our own play for the first team the same amount of times as a season long loan if we are lucky before they are flogged. And we are expected to be thankful we are part of this grotesque version of football farming

Probably a misuse of creedence on my part. It's more that it may enhance Roly's faith in the model. I was already convinced that this is a model that they are looking to pursue with us.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I'll be pleased because we won't be having our pants pulled down like the Shelvey or Jenkinson deal and only get a few mill. Obviously I'd rather keep him but that's not an option is it?
    Except that, instead of another club every once in a while, now it's the owner/Shareholder/President all the feckin time...

We'll be lucky to see even 1 million of any transfer fees received.
  • Options

Except that, instead of another club every once in a while, now it's the owner/Shareholder/President all the feckin time...

We'll be lucky to see even 1 million of any transfer fees received.
    If we're lucky.

Good player, but not worth 10 mil imo.
  • Options
    I am really pleased for Lookman and I would be pleased if the reported fee, £10m, was coming our way. But its not.
    If the fee was 50p and Lookman got his move to a premiership club I would feel the same. The fee matters not one jot to our club its not coming to it.
  • Options

In a normal world, I would definitely agree, I think it's very very difficult to hold on to a top player in a League One club if the Premier League comes calling (we'll leave the fact that we needn't be a L1 club at all). And the reported price does seem like a decent one for us (if it's true). My point is, it will likely make very little difference to our transfer activity whether we get a great price or a rubbish one. In which case, I can see why Roly would be happy as it offsets some of the vast amount of money which KM has wasted over the past three years but not why a fan would be happy because the end result is, Lookman's gone and Robinson by all accounts has only a tiny fraction of the incoming fee to spend.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

se9addick said:

dwb said:

Lookman being signed for £11m by Everton according to the BBC website this morning. I'll be amazed if actually get that much!

It's £1 upfront and £10,999,999 if Lookman learns to fly around the globe. Solo under his own steam
    I have added the clause that you missed
    but you didn't complete it.