Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Everton agree fee for Lookman (ed. Gone)

Comments

• Options
    Roland just finalising the loan back to STVV or Upjest I'm hearing.....,
  • Options
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ademola_Lookman

Is his name actually Ademola Lookman Olajade Lookman ?
  • Options
    No. It's Ademola Lookman Lookman Lookman Lookman
  • Options
    Maybe a nice fee but not convinced it proves RD's point. In this division we lose £10 M a year so this covers one years losses. RD, in effect breaks even but does not get any cash benefit as such as it will just cover what he has put in. What is the point in that when you have had to break a 3rd division transfer record just to break even. At bes the makes a tax advantage out of it is all.
  • Options
    Oops, my mistake
  • Options

Really disappointed. Ademola is Mr January on my Official Charlton Calendar. Month not even started before he is on his way. At least had hoped we'd get a bit further into the transfer window.

Still got Yann on my 2014 one!!
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Oh FFS....just take another look man, it's Lukman!
  • Options
    I wonder if any future payments and clauses will go to Charlton or Starprix. Should show on the club accounts next year shouldn't it? A question for Katrien at her next fan meeting perhaps.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I wonder if any future payments and clauses will go to Charlton or Starprix. Should show on the club accounts next year shouldn't it? A question for Katrien at her next fan meeting perhaps.

And I'm sure she will be 100% truthful in her reply.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

sam3110 said:

It's actually Ademola Lookman Olajade Lookman Lukman Lockman Locksmith Padlock Chubb Yale Lookman

Are we getting £11m per Lookman ? If so that's Roland cleared his debt and he can bugger off !
  • Options

I remember when Delph was playing really well for Villa, and a regular in the England team. Then he moved to Man City, hardly played, didn't play in the Euros...
    Hard to play when you've fucked your knee ligaments
  • Options

In response to previous questioning Katrien said Lookman wouldn't be leaving.

Is there any point in listening to her?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

No.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Well it sums her up. She shouldn't say something like that - she could say that any player has a price but it is not the club's intention to sell at this point. But she says something that makes her a liar - that is because I don't think she thinks before she says things and she has a habit of telling people what they want to hear - which is fine if it is true but ....... She is a very poor CEO and needs to move but I would probably sell Lookman for £10 or £11m if I owned the club. The big thing is what is done with the money - I would say our chance of promotion could be massively enhanced if Robinson was given a couple of million from the sale. I think that if you consider the money lost being in this league - it would be a sound investment.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

When did she say this ? Is it on record ?

Another blunder if she's actually come out and said "Lookman won't be leaving in January" and then sells him first week of January. It's not that selling him is a big problem in of itself - we're a selling club and that's something we have to accept, especially if Evertons money is good. The blunder is that Katrien doesn't realise this after three years as our CEO - making promises not to sell specific players in specific transfer windows is idiotic for about 86 of the 92 CEOs of professional football clubs in this country.
  • Options
    I'm by no means a fan of the dozy moo......but don't clubs always say this about their 'saleable' players around transfer window time.

It is used as a statement to tell prospective buyers that they will need to pay up if they really want the player.

• Options

Thommo said:

Do Waterloo FC get a sell on?

£200

seth plum said:

No.
    She probably shouldn't be making comments like that. Robinson may be happy to sell him if he gets some of the money to fill out the squad, also the player himself may have wanted the move.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2017
    What she needs to say is that every player has a price - but we are not looking to sell and we see Lookman as an important part of our promotion push. Then when a £10m bid comes in, nobody can really argue. They could do so with a £3m bid but the message is also out to buying clubs put up or shut up. It isn't that difficult really and I'd expect a CEO to be able to have the basic knowledge and tact to say the right things. I honestly believe that her words have made the situation worse for the owner - When she spoke to us in the early days she was speaking to him. It is not surprising that she has angered and upset a lot of people by her stance.

With a football club, and the associated passions, there is a need to get your comms right. I know it was Roland's fault but losing Mel so quickly sums up one of the massive problems with the club. There is a massive we know best and you are unimportant message that goes to fans and when you add that to failure on the pitch, you get what we have now. It can be fixed - and to be fair, the fact that Meire speaks a lot less looks like a lesson learned - but why have a CEO who increases he effectiveness by not communicating?
  • Options

I remember when Delph was playing really well for Villa, and a regular in the England team. Then he moved to Man City, hardly played, didn't play in the Euros...
    Hard to play when you've fucked your knee ligaments
    That wasn't when he was at City

• Options

Karl is a puppet and no more

Not even a bit more? To some extent all managers are in a battle with their owners for funding. Are they all puppets too, or just a bit puppet-like?
    And all managers get a payout when/if they are sacked.
    I think you're being a bit unfair, to say that so early in his manager-ship at Charlton. A least wait until when the window is closed?
  • Options
    If the club sell Lookman, then that is the owners choice, not the CEO or managers say. If the figure of around £10 million is true then I cannot blame the owner for taking the offer.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    From Sky:

Lookman travelled up for a medical yesterday - we understand that's now done and that personal terms aren't an issue. The fee being talked about is £10m though it's my understanding it will be a bit less than that. However, it's clearly a statement of intent from Everton, who we expect to be very busy this month.
  • Options
    I wonder if the delay in our signing Forster-Caskey is because the sale of Lookman took longer than first thought ?

The concern there if that's correct is that there was no budget for Robibson available and all the dealings this window were dependent upon the Lookman money.

Fits in with the rumours about 400k and Robinson hinting at departures before signings.

Duchatelet is a tight bastard. Just sell up.
  • Options
    If you go on the Transfer Centre on the Sky Sports website there is a nice little video posted at 11:34 of Ade's best goals.

Some crackers in there.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

She also said the club's not for sale, so if 'not for sale' means 'until someone offers me the right amount of money' then I'd be quite grateful