Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Everton agree fee for Lookman (ed. Gone)

Comments

• Good luck to the boy. No League One team could refuse that sort of money. Now, however, we will see if Duchatelet really wants us to get back to the Championship or even the Premier League. If he does then he will make proper funds available to Robinson.
    I won't be holding my breath though.
  • I don't think he's physically ready for the premier league but I hope I'm proved wrong. Good luck Ade.

He'll be ok.
    He's had a good spell in amongst it with the yard dogs in league one and to a lesser extent, the championship.

• £7.5m upfront. Now we'll really see where the money is going. First significant transfer under the Duchatelet regime after Liverpool mugged them off with Gomez. No excuses now, if we already had a 'top six budget' then what do we have now Katrien? Robinson must be given a sizable chunk of this to spend as this squad is not good enough to achieve promotion.
  • Don't mind that we've sold him, and looks like Dozy Daisy has finally managed to negotiate a reasonable fee. However, as virtually none of it will be reinvested in our first team squad, despite the claims at the start of the season that the aim was to challenge for promotion, we might as well have given him away on a free transfer.

Good luck Ademola - sure you've got a great career ahead of you. Away to Palace on 21 Jan, hat trick please.
  • If he went, as is being talked about, for £7.5m - £8m rising to £10m then what would he have been worth if we were in the top 6 of the Championship - double!?
  • I think it would be bad business if £2m wasn't given to Robinson. I reckon he could get us out of this league with that and that means we lose less money next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck Mola and thanks for everything you tried to do in your time at the club.
    £7.5M rising to £11 with add ons?? Hmmm? Don't suppose Roly or the Meire will ever let on what the real figures are. The club's accounts to June 2017 should provide a bit of a clue as to how much is coughed up front and how much follows automatically. I'd doubt that amounts received and receivable soon will come very close to £7.5M, given how terrible this regime's contract negotiations have been hitherto. Having signed a lengthy contract in the recent past and not asked for a transfer AL (and his people) will inevitably be due a big payoff from CAFC, comfortably mopping up chunks of the supposed fee.
    Talk of fees and add-ons all totally academic, cos KR was never getting to spend much anyways With KR's noisy praise for Joe Aribo and the return of Tony Who, Roly and Tom will be scaling down the requirements for the squad. Charlton's threadbare squad will now level off to an average placing around 17th and when it is mathematically impossible to reach the play-offs Roly will pull the trigger, despatch KR (with attendant massive severance) and the bumble-fail-twitch-bumble-fail-repeat cycle will continue until Roly's true plan is eventually revealed or he falls off his perch.
  • Going no the Club's track record over the last 3 years, any money put aside to reinvest in the squad will just be squandered on a load of rubbish - players of division 2 standard or lower
  • Any Football Manager player could turn a fraction of that fee into a squad that could walk the league. Since our scout uses that game to pick his signings let's see if he can translate whatever doesn't go in Uncle Roly's pocket into something half-decent.
  • His sniffle must've cleared up pretty quick unless we've found the cure to the common cold then £11m is a snip.

Amazing what the HNS can do these days, a quick club transplant and he's right as rain.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Extra £1m signing on fee was the personal term apparently.

I think he gets £1m anyway (if the fee is £10m) as he is entitled to 10% as he didn't hand in a transfer request.
    I'm fairly certain that little arrangement was consigned to the bins about 20/30 years ago.

(It may be that there are still "signing-on" fee instalments due to him from us and he would be entitled to those but I'd guess they'd be minuscule compared with his signing-on fee from Everton.)

Anyway, good luck Ade.
  • edited January 2017
    I'm ok with the fee and with him going in January. Reinforces my view about how much we undersold JBG an established international on a long term contract. Bound to be disappointed with how much is reinvested in the team
  • Good luck Ade hope it's not to soon for you.think it's better deal for Charlton than him. If we get some of that to invest in team we should be promoted but with these muppets I just can't see it.
  • Good luck Lookie. Pleased as others have said he's gone to Everton.
  • BBC reporting £11m but who knows what the actual figure is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck to the lad. Can't blame him for getting out of this madhouse and hopefully setting himself up for life.

Problem with this deal is that it will go a long way to meeting last year's debts. Might even convince our esteemed "President" that there is method in his madness of bringing young players through and selling them asap. Indeed, I bet he is even beginning to think that with Phillips, Konsa and Aribo showing promise, he might even make a profit next year.
  • Fiiiiiish said:

MrOneLung said:

Is he most expensive league one player now? Beating Delph Leeds to Villa?

I thought Oxlade-Chamberlain went for more?
    Just checked and he was sold in August 2011 at start of their championship season.
  • Maybe, just maybe, with increasing coverage and transparency of the lower leagues, coupled with an increasing wealth divide, good young players from ALL clubs are sold more quickly these days? Sure, the last relegation was needless and may have hastened it but you can't pin this entirely on the owners. Football has changed. The big clubs are more rapacious. They're more able to be rapacious. Still, we love a good moan. See what our squad's like on the 1st of February.
  • Are you saying we should be patient?
  • For a month, sure.
  • Leuth said:

For a month, sure.

Well if its good enough for Russell .....
  • Cant wait to see how KR will spend his increased transfer budget share of £34.60
  • hearing 3m down but guaranteed 7m rising to 11. Decent deal
  • Roland back at it again. We won't be seeing a penny of it however much he's gone for, it's all irrelevant until they go anyway.

What the Liege fans thought of him...
    That would make a nice banner.
  • All I know is that our wonderful CEO continues to lie lie lie, but some people still think she should be given another chance.

We do have some unique (as in weird) supporters.