Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Everton agree fee for Lookman (ed. Gone)

Comments

• How many times? Don't believe any transfer fees banded about (see gomez) and in any case - 10p or 10m it's all going to RD
  • In a few years we might have a number of our youngsters playing for England if they all fulfil their potential.
  • £7.5m upfront. Now we'll really see where the money is going. First significant transfer under the Duchatelet regime after Liverpool mugged them off with Gomez. No excuses now, if we already had a 'top six budget' then what do we have now Katrien? Robinson must be given a sizable chunk of this to spend as this squad is not good enough to achieve promotion.

Actions speak louder than words.

I bet the Belgian pricks are not aware of this saying.
  • 7.5 m for a player that has limited experience is a hell of a gamble on Everton's part. He's not worth that amount and it won't be long before he's loaned out or stuck in the reserves. But I'm sure he has negotiated a nice contract and good luck to him. A long way from Waterloo FC.
  • Davo55 said:

Good luck to Ade and to Everton, I hope he goes on to have a great career with them.

So, Katrien Meire:

Was she lying about him not being sold in January?

Or was she sincere, but has once again had the rug pulled out from under her by Duchatelet?

Either way, what a walking disaster, waste of space and sad excuse of a CEO she really is.

No-one seriously blames the lad for going, or the club for taking the offer. But all eyes will now be on what happens in the transfer window. The number of further outgoings, how much Robinson gets to re-invest in the team, the quality of new acquisitions, the degree of reliance on short term loans etc, will all be very instructive. I imagine that all fans will be watching this unfold with great interest, and will be ready to evaluate what they see come 1st February.

The time for excuses is over. They are in the last chance saloon.

Last chance saloon was a long time ago.
  • £7.5m upfront. Now we'll really see where the money is going. First significant transfer under the Duchatelet regime after Liverpool mugged them off with Gomez. No excuses now, if we already had a 'top six budget' then what do we have now Katrien? Robinson must be given a sizable chunk of this to spend as this squad is not good enough to achieve promotion.

Thing is elfs what does it matter to you.
    You've just said your not coming back till he sells,you don't want us to win till he sells,
    So even if Roland gives Robinson the 7.5 mil what's it matter to you
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

£7.5m upfront. Now we'll really see where the money is going. First significant transfer under the Duchatelet regime after Liverpool mugged them off with Gomez. No excuses now, if we already had a 'top six budget' then what do we have now Katrien? Robinson must be given a sizable chunk of this to spend as this squad is not good enough to achieve promotion.

Thing is elfs what does it matter to you.
    You've just said your not coming back till he sells,you don't want us to win till he sells,
    So even if Roland gives Robinson the 7.5 mil what's it matter to you
    Not a lot.
  • markmc68 said:

7.5 m for a player that has limited experience is a hell of a gamble on Everton's part. He's not worth that amount and it won't be long before he's loaned out or stuck in the reserves. But I'm sure he has negotiated a nice contract and good luck to him. A long way from Waterloo FC.

Worth a punt for them. Not really big money for an established PL club these days.
  • Would you put him in infront of Lennon. Delafaou lakaku miralles. Sorry can't think of any other strikers or wingers. No.
    he will do some bench warming. The fizzle out
  • And to top it all he was January on the calendar!
  • Cannot believe the fee. Time will tell, but I really do not think he will make it in the prem.
  • Rizzo said:

BBC reporting £11m but who knows what the actual figure is.

At least it wasn't undisclosed
    I'm sure a figure will appear in the accounts at some point.
  • Delefeo might be on the way out to be fair
  • In terms of player farm and seeing "future stars" of the premier league.

This is as close as it gets.

We are living the dream.

We officially have our unique fan experience with a capital weird.
  • edited January 2017
    clb74 said:

Davo55 said:

Good luck to Ade and to Everton, I hope he goes on to have a great career with them.

So, Katrien Meire:

Or was she sincere, but has once again had the rug pulled out from under her by Duchatelet?

Either way, what a walking disaster, waste of space and sad excuse of a CEO she really is.

No-one seriously blames the lad for going, or the club for taking the offer. But all eyes will now be on what happens in the transfer window. The number of further outgoings, how much Robinson gets to re-invest in the team, the quality of new acquisitions, the degree of reliance on short term loans etc, will all be very instructive. I imagine that all fans will be watching this unfold with great interest, and will be ready to evaluate what they see come 1st February.

Last chance saloon I thought you wanted them out davo
    I do. As does anyone with an ounce of intelligence who can see the regime for the poison they are.

But there are still some who are prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. I reckon if the regime fail to take advantage of the Lookman windfall even those with rose-tinted spectacles will be forced, kicking and screaming, to face reality.
  • Sponsored links:

• I apologise then Davo.
    Last time I looked though CARD were saying time to go.
  • Not sure Davo. Apologists will say the money is to cover the losses, which isn't an unreasonable position. Well until you realise how those massive losses have come about, however all that is covered by the blanket expression 'we know we've made mistakes'.
    The same mistake makers are still running things.
  • Just looked back in after a few hours off - is the £7.5m upfront from a reliable tomato sauce ?
  • Let's wish the lad well.
    I'm really chuffed for him and look forward to the day when my colleagues say to me, "To think he was at Charlton, as well!".

Best I could do today was email my colleagues a Link from Sky Transfer News of 'Ademola Lookman, the best bits' and my word do they show a talent - felt quite proud, tbh!

I don't think Everton would ever in a million years risk that sort of money unless they thought they were on a genuine winner - and I agree with them wholeheartedly.

It is unlikely we could have resisted this offer even if we'd been in the Premiership.
  • markmc68 said:

Would you put him in infront of Lennon. Delafaou lakaku miralles. Sorry can't think of any other strikers or wingers. No.
    he will do some bench warming. The fizzle out

He's 19.
  • edited January 2017
    Davo55 said:

clb74 said:

Davo55 said:

So, Katrien Meire:

Last chance saloon I thought you wanted them out davo
    I do. As does anyone with an ounce of intelligence who can see the regime for the poison they are.

But there are still some who are prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. I reckon if the regime fail to take advantage of the Lookman windfall even those with rose-tinted spectacles will be forced, kicking and screaming, to face reality.
    I doubt it. If you've supported them thus far, I can't see them doing anything to lose that support.

When I say support, I don't mean attend home matches. I mean positively back the owners and their actions.

Anyway, £7.5M for Lookman guaranteed and up to £11M with add ons, is a great price. If we're honest there was talk of the fee being as low as £3M. So a great deal for Charlton and tbf I thought he'd go last summer.

The question is, now the deal is done early (for once), will Robinson be allowed to get in the other 3/4 players he wants ?
  • masicat said:

Cannot believe the fee. Time will tell, but I really do not think he will make it in the prem.

the terms of the deal are not known so far as I know .. IF he doesn't make it perhaps the income to CAFC will be radically reduced .. I don't think he will be even close to 'making it' for a few years .. so it might mean a steady trickle of cash for the club or nothing more than a down payment until he 'makes it' as a regular Evertonian .. I just cannot see that the Toffees have handed over £11 million .. as Tommy Cooper would say .. just like that .. with no ifs buts and therefores attached
  • I wonder if any future payments and clauses will go to Charlton or Starprix. Should show on the club accounts next year shouldn't it? A question for Katrien at her next fan meeting perhaps.

He's an asset of the club, so the money has to go initially to Charlton. That doesn't stop Duct tape taking the money by, for example, paying himself a dividend or a salary.
  • edited January 2017

We've always sold our young players, what annoys me now is that we don't see these players for any length of time before they are shipped on.

Nothing more than a player farm now to line Duchatelet's pocket, absolutely despise him & Meire for what they continue to do to our club.

I've never felt so little for Charlton Athletic, thanks Roland, thanks Katrien - haven't been to The Valley for 13 months now because of you & what you are doing, held a season ticket from 1994 until last season & can honestly say, I can't ever see myself returning at any point.

Why are you on CL then, if you have no intention of ever watching Charlton at home in your lifetime ? Genuine question, assuming you're not abroad, incapacitated etc.
    that is a question that could be asked of a lot on here ..
    No it isn't.

Those that are boycotting are (overwhelmingly) doing so because of the regime. They see themselves returning when the regime leaves.
    you know this for a fact do you ? .. will you be buying/renewing a season ticket as soon as there is a regime change, if and when that happens ? .. best you speak for yourself and not attempt to read the minds of 'the overwhelming number of boycotters'
  • In a few years we might have a number of players who used to be our youngsters playing for England if they all fulfil their potential.

i think that's what you meant, isn't it?