Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Everton agree fee for Lookman (ed. Gone)

Comments

• Options

If we get £10m for him then I'll be pleased.......let's hope we can invest some of that cash.

Why would you be pleased? It's just another a Staprix transaction, not money to be invested back into playing staff or overall club improvements. As a fan, you have lost the chance to watch a young talent which is likely to make little difference to our transfer kitty. There's little to be pleased about whether we believe this to be a good price or not. It also adds some creedence to Roly's stated player farm model. Another bad thing for anyone who would rather Charlton were primarily concentrated on winning football matches.
    I'll be pleased because we won't be having our pants pulled down like the Shelvey or Jenkinson deal and only get a few mill. Obviously I'd rather keep him but that's not an option is it?
    lol it's exactly the same kinda deal. We will get 2 mil upfront and the rest will get scrapped like it did with jonjo when he is sold to another team.

• Options
    I assume this is a record fee for a league one player?
  • Options

If we get £10m for him then I'll be pleased.......let's hope we can invest some of that cash.

Why would you be pleased? It's just another a Staprix transaction, not money to be invested back into playing staff or overall club improvements. As a fan, you have lost the chance to watch a young talent which is likely to make little difference to our transfer kitty. There's little to be pleased about whether we believe this to be a good price or not. It also adds some creedence to Roly's stated player farm model. Another bad thing for anyone who would rather Charlton were primarily concentrated on winning football matches.
    I'll be pleased because we won't be having our pants pulled down like the Shelvey or Jenkinson deal and only get a few mill. Obviously I'd rather keep him but that's not an option is it?
    Except that, instead of another club every once in a while, now it's the owner/Shareholder/President all the feckin time...

We'll be lucky to see even 1 million of any transfer fees received.
    Indeed.

The Jenkinson money may not have been in the same ballpark as the Lookman cash, but you can't exactly complain about the results of its investment; it helped us have a record breaking season under a young club legend manager.

The best we can hope for here is that a decent proportion goes to squad investment, and the rest gets rid of some of the Staprix debt allowing Roland to lower his asking price.. Not sure whether either of those things will happen sadly.
  • Options
    Why are Everton the only club in for him?
  • Options

I was wondering about that as well. You'd have thought a few other PL clubs would be interested
  • Options

Only Prem club willing to give him first team football?
  • Options

I thought Oxlade Chamberlain was more
  • Options
    Jenkinson has been listed by Gooners. Wonder if we still have a sell-on? Stevens may attract bids also, and Rob Elliot.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Macronate said:

If he's travelling up by car, I hope he hasn't become too attached to his hub caps.

Christ how bad is his contract with us if he has a car with hubcaps?
    Its the same type of car that every other player gets when they join us... Because of that you should mainly worry about the wheels coming off rather than the hubcaps as they usually do around March / April time
  • Options

Jenkinson has been listed by Gooners. Wonder if we still have a sell-on? Stevens may attract bids also, and Rob Elliot.

Think that got weighed in a while ago
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ben18 said:

He was, £12 million I seem to remember. Walcott went for the same amount before him also.
  • Options

Ben18 said:

He was, £12 million I seem to remember. Walcott went for the same amount before him also.
    Both whilst in the championship. Delph went for £6mill to Villa from dirty Leeds.
  • Options
    I don't think it looks like Lookman myself
  • Options

Ben18 said:

Walcott was sold when they were in the championship.

Ox was sold in August just as Southampton were about to start their championship season after promotion so technically he wasn't a league one player
  • Options
    If will be interesting to find out if the fee is published or undisclosed.
    Fingers crossed that it is around the £10m upfront and it then makes the club an attractive proposition for Roland to sell.
    Getting rid of the Belgians will do more for our chances this season than anyone coming in on a transfer could, methinks.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

As for the comparisons in price with previous deals, I think where we are no longer involved we've lost sight of prem money.

When Shelvey went the TV deal was £1.7bn, before that when we sold Parker for £10m and Bent for £16.5m it was £1.0bn

Iit's now £5.2bn.

There is obscene money in the game.

(5.2/1.7)*16.5 = £50.4m for Bent in 'todays money'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2017
    LouisMend said:

I agree with AFKA, we should have held out for at least three quarters of a billion.

Maybe if we changed his name to Luckman and hawked him around the Chinese clubs.
  • Options

looks like it's pretty much a done deal now.

That's not Lookman
  • Options

looks like it's pretty much a done deal now.

That's not Lookman
    Oops couldn't enlarge pic at first on phone - hides head in shame!
  • Options

You must be joking........it's RD that's gonna pull our pants down!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Can you lot please stop messing about saying lookman has gone when he hasnt.
    Thanks
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

As for the comparisons in price with previous deals, I think where we are no longer involved we've lost sight of prem money.

When Shelvey went the TV deal was £1.7bn, before that when we sold Parker for £10m and Bent for £16.5m it was £1.0bn

Iit's now £5.2bn.

There is obscene money in the game.

(5.2/1.7)*16.5 = £50.4m for Bent in 'todays money'.
    Thank fuck you aren't in charge of calculating RPI.
    Should've been

(5.2/1.0)*16.5 = £85.8m