Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Everton agree fee for Lookman (ed. Gone)

Comments

• JiMMy 85 said:

Bloke on Twitter reckons its off, couldn't agree personal terms.

That's some source you've cited there. Can't argue with that.
    Hahaha, didn't take it too seriously myself but thought it's worth posting.
  • He probably wants the same as Ali got when he joined Spurs - which is fair enough.

Ali has subsequently had 2 pay rises since as well
  • edited January 2017
    This is where it could get messy - nothing to do with anything else but other bigger clubs than Everton wanting to gatecrash the deal. These clubs, as we know, have no honour and play as dirty as you get so it is possible. I would advise the lad to sign for Everton. They are the right sort of club for him now. He has shown he makes football decisions and that is the right football decision for him.
  • Is this the reason why CAFC have not signed any new players yet? Need Lookman out before anybody can come in.
  • Dansk_Red said:

Is this the reason why CAFC have not signed any new players yet? Need Lookman out before anybody can come in.

Could be or could just be waiting for medicals or 100 other hold hold ups.

No deals are done until they are 100% done.

WIOTOS
  • edited January 2017
    Dansk_Red said:

Is this the reason why CAFC have not signed any new players yet? Need Lookman out before anybody can come in.

I'm all for regime bashing or conspiracy theories but I think it's more likely because it's Sunday 1st Jan, the window has been open less than one day and most transfers won't be done on a Sunday, let alone on new years day.

We've also signed the kid from Chelsea and confirmed Watt is coming back.
  • Dansk_Red said:

WIOTOS
    Ketts saying it should be announced tomorrow before the game. Reads like a loan but not confirmed I don't think.
  • I can just see it now:

Katrien: "we've sold Lookman for £6million and got him back on loan for the rest of the season for a fee of £5m" And then proceed to unveil him on the pitch as a new player.

The new player is from a "big" championship team
  • ross1 said:

I can just see it now:

Katrien: "we've sold Lookman for £6million and got him back on loan for the rest of the season for a fee of £5m" And then proceed to unveil him on the pitch as a new player.

Good player as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

I can just see it now:

Good player as well.
    Is it Forster Caskey or not then? Surely he would've been announced as back at Brighton by now.
  • ross1 said:

I can just see it now:

Good player as well.
    Very nice player.
  • ross1 said:

I can just see it now:

Good player as well.
    Very nice player.
    Very nice price as well. Very cheap. Best Price.
  • Dansk_Red said:

WIOTOS
    LOL.

The OS still thinks Richard Murray works for the club and Tony Kahones doesn't exist.!
  • Does keohane exist?

This is one for greater philosophers than me.

Everyone knows it's Cajones.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Bloke on Twitter reckons its off, couldn't agree personal terms.

That's some source you've cited there. Can't argue with that.
    Funny as f***, that'll p*** off the Belgians!
  • se9addick said:

If it's, say, £4m upfront with a potential £6m in additional payments based on achievements - can Duchatelet contractually oblige Everton to make those additional payments directly to Starpix rather than Charlton ? I.e if he no longer owned Charlton he would still be entitled to the bonus payments ? Is it allowed ?

It's irrelevant, as if future transfer payments of £6m were due to go elsewhere, then the value of the club when sold would be reduced accordingly. Due diligence would reveal these little tricks

I doubt it's too far away from what they turned down from Palace in the summer. That was turned down as Roland's advisers were convinced his valuation was only going in one direction over the next 12-18 months. Perhaps that has been reassessed? Perhaps Lookman is not particularly happy here? Perhaps it's a sign of Roland getting some dividend back out the club?

Who knows

It is possible that Katrien turned down Palace as she knew that selling our best player to them would cause riots!
    And it was at the end of the window, so no chance of getting a replacement in. At least we have a whole month now...
    I don't think she's that perceptive, in fact, judging by her past actions, she seems to have no insight at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• That's not very gentlemanly to a lady, hope she hit him with her handbag, cheeky Scouser.
  • Lookman being signed for £11m by Everton according to the BBC website this morning. I'll be amazed if actually get that much!
  • Bloke on Twitter reckons its off, couldn't agree personal terms.

And that's probably nonsense.

Or it could be true!
  • Another club in the mix perhaps ?
  • From Sky:-

Ademola Lookman is travelling to Merseyside today to undergo a medical ahead of his proposed move to Everton, according to Sky sources.

We understand the fee for the 19-year-old Charlton winger is in the region of £10m. It is anticipated the deal will go through in the next 24 hours.