Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Everton agree fee for Lookman (ed. Gone)

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:

Can you lot please stop messing about saying lookman has gone when he hasnt.
    Thanks

It's just Depeche Mode.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Thanks

Denial isn't just a river...
  • Options

clb74 said:

Thanks

It's just Depeche Mode.
    Stalker
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

All into Roland's pocket.

Which could hopefully persuade him to sell at a more attractive price due to reducing his losses. Wishful thinking I realise.
    I might be wrong but I don't think that him pocketing the money means the debt is reduced.

He pocketed the money he (charlton) paid himself (standard) for Tony Watt and that didn't effect the asking price for SL
    Everytime he sells a youth product for a profit (and then another comes through - Aribo this time) will only convince Duche that long term he is onto a winner.
    I completely agree. This just proves to Roly that he is on to a good thing. He doesn't give a sh*t about attendances and league position, just where the next Gomez, lokman, aribo is coming from. Roly doesn't do failure, and to him he is not failing. He will overlook the disastrous signings that have had to have their contracts cancelled or never play, tucudean, ba etc.
  • Options

Fair play to the academy staff for helping to produce a player like Lookman in what can only be a pretty torrid and testing times.

Not really a product of the academy as has only been with us a couple of years, part of which he has been in the first team.
  • Options

As for the comparisons in price with previous deals, I think where we are no longer involved we've lost sight of prem money.

When Shelvey went the TV deal was £1.7bn, before that when we sold Parker for £10m and Bent for £16.5m it was £1.0bn

Iit's now £5.2bn.

There is obscene money in the game.

Even so, it's a bit of history. The first ever third tier player sold for an 8 figure sum.
    It's what the regime dreamt of when they took over.
  • Options

As for the comparisons in price with previous deals, I think where we are no longer involved we've lost sight of prem money.

When Shelvey went the TV deal was £1.7bn, before that when we sold Parker for £10m and Bent for £16.5m it was £1.0bn

Iit's now £5.2bn.

Even so, it's a bit of history. The first ever third tier player sold for an 8 figure sum.
    Pretty sure Ox was more?
  • Options
    If lookman going means Roly buggers off then that's got to be worth at least 100 million in the future.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Iit's now £5.2bn.

Pretty sure Ox was more?
    Southampton were a championship side when he was sold
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If lookman going means Roly buggers off then that's got to be worth at least 100 million in the future.

Don't be silly his giving the money to robinson
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Search Lookman Lukman on Twitter, a lot of Nigerians questioning the spelling his surname.
  • Options
    6m was the record for league one when Gayle went to Palace from Posh.
  • Options
    Is Championship Manager legend Cherno Samba Lookman's agent...?

• Options
    1StevieG said:

6m was the record for league one when Gayle went to Palace from Posh.

Didn't Assombalonga go for £8 million?
  • Options

£11m and he can't take a corner......

Or a freekick...!
  • Options

Roly more likely to stay as this deal shows his player farm plan works. All the while the talent comes through the door, Mr D will be rubbing his hands...and not leaving.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Really disappointed. Ademola is Mr January on my Official Charlton Calendar. Month not even started before he is on his way. At least had hoped we'd get a bit further into the transfer window.

Better than him being November 2017, you won't even remember who he is by then !
  • Options

Really disappointed. Ademola is Mr January on my Official Charlton Calendar. Month not even started before he is on his way. At least had hoped we'd get a bit further into the transfer window.

hopefully that's not the calendar for departures
  • Options

I remember when Delph was playing really well for Villa, and a regular in the England team. Then he moved to Man City, hardly played, didn't play in the Euros...
  • Options

hopefully that's not the calendar for departures
    Is Konsa July and Aribo August?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Is Championship Manager legend Cherno Samba Lookman's agent...?

What time will this medical finish
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Lot's of posters are saying that the team isn't going to see much of this transfer fee. Surely a pay day like this will encourage Roland to protect our academy status by investing to get us promoted. He's got to be sweating that if we're not in a higher division we're unlikely to sign the lucrative talent. The player farm is probably the only reason for him to give a toss either way.
  • Options
    This is all lies. He will not be sold!

He is ill and will be back against Millwall. How dare you lot keep banging on that KM tells lies. HE IS STAYING!!!
  • Options

Lot's of posters are saying that the team isn't going to see much of this transfer fee. Surely a pay day like this will encourage Roland to protect our academy status by investing to get us promoted. He's got to be sweating that if we're not in a higher division we're unlikely to sign the lucrative talent. The player farm is probably the only reason for him to give a toss either way.

I like your thinking there, unfortunately I'm not sure if the silly ol' git will just take this as evidence that it's sustainable at League One too - all whilst being able to buy in cheaper players for the first team.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

This is all lies. He will not be sold!

He is ill and will be back against Millwall. How dare you lot keep banging on that KM tells lies. HE IS STAYING!!!

HE IS STAYEN.