Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Everton agree fee for Lookman (ed. Gone)

Comments

• I'm pretty sure that the club will have given permission.......we probably asked permission to speak to Everton.

Probably did a mail shot to all football league clubs giving them full permission to talk to all our players
  • Really sad as we have a owner with money and don't have to sell to finance the club.

Just a shame the owner is a nutter and has no ambition, if we kept our championship status, had a well respected proven manager invested in training facilities, coaching, sport science... and was giving it a go for promotion our players would stay longer part of that plan and will be happy together making progress.

Instead it be us holding the cards on who goes and for how much rather then the players and other clubs.

I don't blame any lad for using us as a stepping stone to go higher at the moment only thing they gain with being with us is match experience that's all.
  • I thought this would capture some of the mood of the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxX-QOV9tI
  • Good luck lookie but remember a move and money isnt everything its cracked to be
    Wheres poyet now??

A long way from Charlton, that's where!
  • Koeman says "Transfer rumours are rubbish".

Let's wait to see if he actually goes.

This could all be a ruse to get more than £10m from someone else.

I thought i read a few days ago that Koeman already confirmed they were after Lookman.

Unless he meant the talk of a 10m fee is rubbish?
  • Just been mentioned during the game, said he's 'an old fashioned winger' and signing for £10m to go straight into the first team.
  • old fashioned winger? glad they've done their research.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just been mentioned during the game, said he's 'an old fashioned winger' and signing for £10m to go straight into the first team.

Everton season ticket holder I know with contacts at that club told me this today given the absence of Bolasi but was unaware of Konsa being linked.
  • Not travelled to Southend. Transfer confirmed tomorrow?
  • Good things; he gets to play for a big club, everyone gets to see what a lying cnut meire is I do think she will be finished soon enough, stupid clown, we get some money to hopefully spend
    Bad things: we lose a v good player.
  • The BBC sport website reporting it as done on their feature: "Premier League January transfer window: Who needs what?"
  • Ben18 said:

The BBC sport website reporting it as done on their feature: "Premier League January transfer window: Who needs what?"

Him being out today confirms it imo
  • Ben18 said:

The BBC sport website reporting it as done on their feature: "Premier League January transfer window: Who needs what?"

At the least it suggests talks are ongoing even if terms not agreed.
  • mogodon said:

Ben18 said:

In what way?
    Could be wrapped up but just not announcing until window opens
  • mogodon said:

Ben18 said:

it just means the transfer window doesn't open 'til tomorrow so the transfer can't be official 'til then.
  • Ben18 said:

Agreed, it was floated in pretty much every article that Everton wanted this deal done early in the window. I think it was about a week ago that an article came out saying the clubs had agreed a fee all that needed to happen was for Ade to agree terms. Best of luck to him, I hope he does well there. He will be working under a very good coach, can't begrudge him one bit.
  • Sponsored links:

• ^ agree with most of what you put Muttley but the stick Poyet gets on here is unfair in my opinion. Came through our youth system, signed on pro terms that were offered and the club made the mistake of only giving him 2 years. Forced his way into the team, played so well he got POTY. Contract ran out and decided to move to a PL club with a great track record of promoting youth and who had not had a great season the year before so must have fancied his chances as much as Ade does going to Everton.

Sadly for young Poyet, not long after joining West Ham they bought in Song and others in his position and suddenly his route to their first team was blocked.

I think until that point all his moves were good ones and as a Charlton fan I had no issue with him leaving as he had signed a pro contract out of our youth which is all you can ask (see Defoe, Loyd Samuel, Palmer and Huddart for players who leeched off our youth system then left without any pay back to it or the club).

What has happened since to Poyet I don't k ow, too big a pay cheque making him lose focus or maybe he just was not that good in the first place.
  • Bloke on Twitter reckons its off, couldn't agree personal terms.
  • And that's probably nonsense.
  • Relax, IF any mileage in it, it's brinkmanship with the agent probably trying to screw the last penny out of Everton for his client.
  • RedChaser said:

Relax, IF any mileage in it, it's brinkmanship with the agent probably trying to screw the last penny out of Everton for his client.

Shouldn't that read 'for himself'.
  • RedChaser said:

Relax, IF any mileage in it, it's brinkmanship with the agent probably trying to screw the last penny out of Everton for his client.

Whilst not suggesting this really has any legs, if the amount in the article earlier is correct and he's been offered £15k per week then this is still a relatively low amount for a premier league first team player. Lookman has a new contract with us that will be paying a decent wage. We've also heard throughout that Lookman wants to play first team football. Not out of the realms of possibility that Lookman had rejected the contract as he doesn't feel he will get first team football as suggested by the £15k per week offer.

Doubt it though.
  • Well he won't get too much first team football will he?

Not for a couple of years.