Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jay Dasilva Signs on loan from Chelsea

Comments

• Options

watched 1.5mins of that youtube and i've decided already , he's a player and an improvement on Fox

Well Chelsea rate him very highly.

Might take a while to adjust to the physicality of shit league one football but is supposed to be very strong so might thrive on it. He certainly won't get done for pace.

• Options

I'm going to get it out of the way nice and early, he's shit!

And if he's not, he will be by the end of his stay.
  • Options
    In the short term he doesn't strengthen the squad at all. Botaka will be off after Southend as will Lookman and Fox.

Never heard of him before today so no idea if he is any good.
  • Options
    NEVER trust a YouTube trailer/best of .. BUT he looks a real player .. welcome Jay and all the very best of good fortune
  • Options

In the short term he doesn't strengthen the squad at all. Botaka will be off after Southend as will Lookman and Fox.

Yeah, better to not bring anyone in.
  • Options
    He looks good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He sounds like he'll play as one of the wingers Robinson has been going on about. Hopefully he'll turn out to be a good loan signing.
  • Options
    Able to play tomorrow?
  • Options
    Premiership star of the future.
  • Options

Able to play tomorrow?

No
  • Options

Able to play tomorrow?

no, but can on Monday
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Yeah, better to not bring anyone in.
    Where did I say we shouldn't be bringing people in? Where did I moan that we had signed him?

My point is, yet again, we are treading water. The squad isn't strengthening as we are moving players on and simply replacing them.
  • Options
    Absolutely brilliant young left back. Very highly rated at Chelsea.

Signing DaSilva on loan and selling Fox for £2 million? I'd be very pleased with that.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I hope he has a spectacularly successful loan spell for the rest of the season. But he doesn't seem to be the "sort" of player we need to recruit to drag us up the table.

Shouldn't we be looking for hardened, experienced players that have proven themselves to be up for the battle over many seasons? The sort that Lennie used to sign: hungry and angry.

He will be used to perfect pitch conditions, spectacular facilities, brilliant team-mates in peak physical condition, the highest standards of preparation, fitness and medical oversight. He's never played in L1 before.

I'm underwhelmed.

I'm pretty sure Robinson got promoted with MK using quite a lot of young technical/ball playing loanees around an experienced spine of the likes of Lewington/Potter etc. Problem is that we won't have a problem getting the cheap young players, it will be the rest that we won't invest in.

In isolation he seems a pretty good talent but he's not going to help us much with what we have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chizz said:

I hope he has a spectacularly successful loan spell for the rest of the season. But he doesn't seem to be the "sort" of player we need to recruit to drag us up the table.

Shouldn't we be looking for hardened, experienced players that have proven themselves to be up for the battle over many seasons? The sort that Lennie used to sign: hungry and angry.

He will be used to perfect pitch conditions, spectacular facilities, brilliant team-mates in peak physical condition, the highest standards of preparation, fitness and medical oversight. He's never played in L1 before.

I'm underwhelmed.

I'm pretty sure Robinson got promoted with MK using quite a lot of young technical/ball playing loanees around an experienced spine of the likes of Lewington/Potter etc. Problem is that we won't have a problem getting the cheap young players, it will be the rest that we won't invest in.

In isolation he seems a pretty good talent but he's not going to help us much with what we have.
    While I agree that this is a short-term fix, if a load of loan players did manage to get us up then we'd be happy, albeit with concerns about who would be signed to cope with life in the Championship.

I'd prefer this kind of loan than more network crap from elsewhere in Roland's empire.
  • Options
    Good luck to him. Looks fast and tricky but youtube can make Reza look a player!

I assume he replaces Lookman, which does not scream long term planning and building to the PL to me. Losing a very good young prospect who is ours and has 40+ games experience and would be pivotal to a team challenging in the Championship if we were to get promotion (unlikely, but it is what we repeatedly get told is our aim) and replacing him with a very good young prospect who will be here 6 months only and has no experience.
  • Options
    Fox is 1Million not 2 Million. 2 Million is a price made up by Colin.
  • Options
    Like a young Roberto Carlos
  • Options
    Chelsea have about 2 million youngsters on their books and very rarely bring one through to their 1st team, about 1 every 20 years. I doubt young Jay will make it for them but he probably already knows that.
    Good luck to him for his long term future, I'll guarantee it won't be more than 5 months with us. Another youth will take his place next season ready to be sold on. Meanwhile our club will continue its downward trend.
  • Options
    Does this signing have a DaSilva Lining ?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

1 million Rupees.
  • Options
    When RD bought this club the fans did not deserve to be lumbered with him and his daft ideas, but the way things are going some (as shown on this web-site) are now doing their very best to make sure that they do deserve him...and a Happy New Year to all of you !!!!
  • Options

dickplumb said:

1 million Rupees.
    I'd take a million Zimbabwean Dollars (35 quadrillion Zimbabwean dollars are equal to US $1)