Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jay Dasilva Signs on loan from Chelsea

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:

Think he meant Lookman.

Hardly a replacement for Lookman, the player describes himself as an attacking left back!

I would have thought that Reeves (if we sign him) would be a like for like replacement for Lookie.

Lookman was always going to leave, it was just a matter of when, but any L1 club would snap your arm off for the figures being bandied around for him.
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

RedChaser said:

AshBurton said:

RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

Out of interest, how tall is Lookman?

1.74m = 5'7''
    If he's 1.74m, that's more like 5' 9" if we're a bit generous. Sorry to be pedantic but I'm another CL shortarse at 5' 7" which is only 1.70m.
    Take it up with google conversion table I used :wink:
    I did. You get the right answer if you use inches rather than feet, as 0.7 of a foot doesn't make much sense (but would be around 8.5 inches). I think we're all more at home with trains
    I think you are missing the all important odd .0039".
    Five foot eight and four thousandths of an inch depending on with or without socks.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

Think he meant Lookman.

Hardly a replacement for Lookman, the player describes himself as an attacking left back!

I would have thought that Reeves (if we sign him) would be a like for like replacement for Lookie.

Lookman was always going to leave, it was just a matter of when, but any L1 club would snap your arm off for the figures being bandied around for him.
    Who can play in a number 10 role and is a fast attacking left sided player. Why play him at Left Back, when you have Chicksen and Fox.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

Think he meant Lookman.

Who can play in a number 10 role and is a fast attacking left sided player. Why play him at Left Back, when you have Chicksen and Fox.
    As far as I can see, he has never played the number 10 role in his life, so why would we take him on loan to play there?

Will Fox stay? You certainly couldn't blame him if he left!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Essex_Al said:

shirty5 said:

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

Think he meant Lookman.

As far as I can see, he has never played the number 10 role in his life, so why would we take him on loan to play there?

Al didn't it show clips of him in the video in midfield?
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

Think he meant Lookman.

I'm not saying he is, it was who @charltonkeston was talking about though.

It'll be interesting to see how KR uses him. Will probably help him more if he can settle into one position.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Essex_Al said:

shirty5 said:

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

Think he meant Lookman.

Al didn't it show clips of him in the video in midfield?
    Yes, in most of the clips it looks like he's playing midfield. In some of the later ones he's LB.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

AshBurton said:

RedChaser said:

AshBurton said:

RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

1.74m = 5'7''
    If he's 1.74m, that's more like 5' 9" if we're a bit generous. Sorry to be pedantic but I'm another CL shortarse at 5' 7" which is only 1.70m.
    I did. You get the right answer if you use inches rather than feet, as 0.7 of a foot doesn't make much sense (but would be around 8.5 inches). I think we're all more at home with trains
    Five foot eight and four thousandths of an inch depending on with or without socks.
    If your socks are adding only 4/1000s of an inch then I think you've been wearing tights all this time...
  • Options
    Beardface said:

AshBurton said:

RedChaser said:

AshBurton said:

RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

1.74m = 5'7''
    If your socks are adding only 4/1000s of an inch then I think you'be been wearing tights all this time...
    Oi Oi, tell us more :wink:
  • Options
    England U19s have just beaten Norway 3-0...

Jay Dasilva started as Captain (they've not mentioned subs or anything so don know if he lasted the whole match)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

England U19s have just beaten Norway 3-0...

Jay Dasilva started as Captain (they've not mentioned subs or anything so don know if he lasted the whole match)

Yes, 90 minutes stated
  • Options
    wonder what position he plays :) be nice if he wasnt just a bench warmer here and got a fair crack
  • Options

TBH now we have no chance of reaching play offs i would rather we played some more of our youngsters to see if they can do a job next season rather than giving experience to premier league loanees who will not be here next season.

Agree with that general principle but think that Charlton need to secure L1 status first.
  • Options
    How the fucking hell is/ was Lewis Page and Adam Chicksen keeping him out the team!
  • Options

How the fucking hell is/ was Lewis Page and Adam Chicksen keeping him out the team!

The fact he is 4'7". Not saying that it should be keeping him out of the side, but I think KR is reluctant t o pick him because of that perceived weakness. Personally I'd like to see him get a few games there to assess if he can do the job with a view to getting him back on loan again next season.

The kid probably has more potential than any of our youngsters, and certainly more than Page or Chicksen.
  • Options

The fact he is 4'7". Not saying that it should be keeping him out of the side, but I think KR is reluctant t o pick him because of that perceived weakness. Personally I'd like to see him get a few games there to assess if he can do the job with a view to getting him back on loan again next season.

The kid probably has more potential than any of our youngsters, and certainly more than Page or Chicksen.
    That might be the reason but he hasn't shrunk since we signed him. He was 5' 5" when he signed and still is now
  • Options
    Chicksen and DaSilva working together on the left should be a very fruitful partnership
  • Options
    I think Chicksen is a very decent player and agree with Sam3110, could be decent both playing on the left. God knows we have waited a long time for the lhs to be sorted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He played 3 times for the U19s? That's a lot of matches over a short period of time
  • Options

That might be the reason but he hasn't shrunk since we signed him. He was 5' 5" when he signed and still is now
    Yes thanks Henry, I was exaggerating for effect.
  • Options

I know. It was more that his lack of height should behave self evident to whoever signed him.
  • Options

I know. It was more that his lack of height should behave self evident to whoever signed him.
    Nothing worse than height that won't behave it's self.
  • Options
  • Options

Yes I struggle to get my head around that part. Perhaps the plan was to stabilize the team, get them playing the kind of possession based front foot football that KR, at least claims to have, intended. and then ease him into the team once we were more dominant and confident. The bit where he stabilised and got the team playing hasn't really materialized yet though.
  • Options

He played 3 times for the U19s? That's a lot of matches over a short period of time

Dont worry he'll come back to Charlton for a rest now... ;)
  • Options

He doesn't look 3 inches taller than Solly to me