Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jay Dasilva Signs on loan from Chelsea

Comments

• Options
    Can he dance ?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Fifa '17 and transfermarkt have him as 5'7'' (or 1,70). I'm wondering if maybe the OS has it wrong. 5'4'' is really short, so I'm wondering if maybe that's not right.
  • Options

Are we going for the shortest team in history....

This fella, solly, lookman, Ajose all shorter than me and I'm a midget!

The promotion side in 1974/75 contained Warman,Peacock,Bowman & Hunt all probably under 5ft 6ins.
  • Options

Sounds, promising, I can't see us playing a 5ft 4 18 year old at LB in a back 4 so I imagine he'll have a more attacking role. I don't see him as a replacement for Fox.

5ft 4 eh, I imagine Solly will be walking around feeling 10ft tall now! Seriously, it's hard to imagine any player that small in the modern Premier League.

Don't think he's 5'4"
  • Options
    I read he was 5'7
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

Sounds, promising, I can't see us playing a 5ft 4 18 year old at LB in a back 4 so I imagine he'll have a more attacking role. I don't see him as a replacement for Fox.

5ft 4 eh, I imagine Solly will be walking around feeling 10ft tall now! Seriously, it's hard to imagine any player that small in the modern Premier League.

Don't think he's 5'4"
    I think you're right. In that picture with Karl he looks about 4'11".
  • Options
    What it does mean is that it's another player who will need replacing in the summer. Along with Rudd, Ulvestad, Botaka and probably Crofts, Foley and Jackson (although I expect he'll still be here, but playing even less often).
  • Options
    A teenage dwarf from west London commits career suicide and Roland banks another few million from the academy.

Who cares what division we are in when you can make money like this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He is set to become the 40th Chelsea player currently out on loan.

Absolutely disgusting how clubs are allowed to stock pile like this.

still, We only get to see our own youngsters for a maximum of 6 months so we might as well see those at bigger clubs.

Expect him to be good, but I've seen a lot of players that are 'good' arrive for us on short term deals over the last 12 months (Fanni, Suk-Young, Motta) and we don't seem to have shown any sign of moving forward with them.

Here's hoping this where the trend starts to buck.

While looking for Dasilva's profile on the Chelsea website, I noticed that they divide their player profiles into four separate squads: First Team, Development Squad, Under 18s and On Loan. Ridiculous situation.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Crusty54 said:

Chizz said:

I hope he has a spectacularly successful loan spell for the rest of the season. But he doesn't seem to be the "sort" of player we need to recruit to drag us up the table.

Shouldn't we be looking for hardened, experienced players that have proven themselves to be up for the battle over many seasons? The sort that Lennie used to sign: hungry and angry.

He will be used to perfect pitch conditions, spectacular facilities, brilliant team-mates in peak physical condition, the highest standards of preparation, fitness and medical oversight. He's never played in L1 before.

I'm underwhelmed.

hard to find a better pitch than the Valley nowadays
    No point in having a nice table setting when crap food is being served up.
    No better analogy to sum up the regime than this - the Delaware North effect.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

I agree with the comments that we should stop plugging gaps with loans. But in this case the boy is a bit special and will improve the team If he can handle the physical side of L1

Agreed, and I'd like to add that we don't have a pacey winger/wingerback in the youth setup who seems to be pushing for the first team. Yes, Edwards is rated highly by some on here, but he hasn't even made the bench or as far as I know the traveling squad for a game this year, so I think it's safe to assume that the coaching staff view him as not ready for the step up.

Also, given our injury situation at the moment, we need numbers.
  • Options
    If we had signed him at the start of the season rather than half way thru' I could make some sense of this but if we do not have anybody as good as him then why are we keeping those kids on, and if we have anybody we rate of our own then how demoralising is it for them to see a young player come in from another club and be given a chance. Strange signing I think, surely it is proven people we should be signing, not untried reserves the only beneficiary here will be Chelsea FC.
  • Options
    It seems the club do just enough to head off an all out revolution by the fans.
    Jay Dasilva looks an exciting prospect, but he's just a loan, and he leaves as another exciting prospect is sold.
  • Options
    Out of interest, how tall is Lookman?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

1.74m = 5'7''
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heard he has talent like shakira
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

Don't think he's 5'4"
    More likely we've signed Long John Silver ..... with wooden leg, sunken chest and parrot.

• Options

Two or three out and the same in. Might redress some imbalances in the squad but will still leave us short of a playoff squad.

This is the reality of Roland's world.

He will always leave us just short of what's needed. League one football for some time to come.

Nonsense. I'm pretty sure if they carry on as they are doing at the moment, our "President" and esteemed Chief Executive will ensure we get to watch the delights of League 2 football some time soon.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

1.74m = 5'7''
    If he's 1.74m, that's more like 5' 9" if we're a bit generous. Sorry to be pedantic but I'm another CL shortarse at 5' 7" which is only 1.70m.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    AshBurton said:

RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

1.74m = 5'7''
    If he's 1.74m, that's more like 5' 9" if we're a bit generous. Sorry to be pedantic but I'm another CL shortarse at 5' 7" which is only 1.70m.
    Take it up with google conversion table I used :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

AshBurton said:

RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

1.74m = 5'7''
    Take it up with google conversion table I used :wink:
    I did. You get the right answer if you use inches rather than feet, as 0.7 of a foot doesn't make much sense (but would be around 8.5 inches). I think we're all more at home with trains
  • Options

I'm a little underwhelmed and don't share others enthusiasm for this signing. Nothing against this kid but that's all he is and he is not ours. We are set to sell one of our best players that we brought through, (and contributed to his training through Valley Gold), and replace him with a player who doesn't play 1st team football, although looks quite good on a you tube video playing against other kids, looks a tad short too. If you read the OS he talks more about his development and his future, not ours or what he would like to achieve with us. He could be the next Eusébio but it would mean nothing to us.
    Same old , same old from the owner. Strip the squad at every opportunity a shore up with loans or out of contract players. No long term future planning or ambition.
    Sold a player and got a loan replacement , fantastic. They ain't getting any more money from me.

Are you for real mate?

Selling one of our best players?

I'm assuming you are talking about Fox?

As much as I would not boo one of our own, he is far from being one of our best players, I have never seen him beat his oppo full back and get a cross in, and when he does manage to get a cross in it often sails behind or is over hit to the far post. It will make a very pleasant change to see something different from left back, albeit, only for a few months.

In Fox's defence, can you blame the guy for wanting to move away, supposedly to a Championship team, better wages and away from our boo boy idiots that this club seem to have adopted. Good luck Morgan, but he is certainly not the type of player that fits into KR's plans of a pressing attacking game, whereas Dasilva does!
  • Options
    Think he meant Lookman.
  • Options
    Da silva is in to replace Lookman, not Fox.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Think he meant Lookman.

So do I as JD was also being talked of as a wide forward player or number 10.