Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jay Dasilva Signs on loan from Chelsea

Comments

• Options
    Are we going for the shortest team in history....

This fella, solly, lookman, Ajose all shorter than me and I'm a midget!
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

In the short term he doesn't strengthen the squad at all. Botaka will be off after Southend as will Lookman and Fox.

Never heard of him before today so no idea if he is any good.

Yeah, better to not bring anyone in.
    Where did I say we shouldn't be bringing people in? Where did I moan that we had signed him?

My point is, yet again, we are treading water. The squad isn't strengthening as we are moving players on and simply replacing them.
    Very true - we should be building a team capable of both winning promotion and consolidating a place in the Championship, albeit with a few additions in the summer. Nevertheless, he looks like a good player but, like Ademola, you can't pin the hopes of an entire team on a 19 year old's shoulders
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

dickplumb said:

Fox is 1Million not 2 Million. 2 Million is a price made up by Colin.

1 million Rupees.
    I'd take a million Zimbabwean Dollars (35 quadrillion Zimbabwean dollars are equal to US $1)
    And expect change.
  • Options

If the lad can play and fits the style KR wishes to play then he will contribute.

Loans of this type are never my preference but if the lad can give us the balance we desperately, desperately need for the rest of this season then it is a start.

It is not a likely long term solution but it is the January window and at this stage "needs must". Let us not "taint" the signing for the lads sake. It appears to be his first step into senior football and I am sure he will be excited about the opportunity and want to do well. If ever a signing fell into the "a need to support the team category" this is it.

From a broader perspective there is a disappointment we let Holmes-Dennis, a player with 3yrs more seniority and under permanent contract, go when precisely the same imbalance and lack of cover was staring us in the face at the start of the season.

"Joined up thinking?" I suggest not but for now we can but hope Da Silva can provide the squad for the time being with a necessary step forward.

Good post Grapevine - although I thought Holmes Dennis wanted to go
  • Options
    Look forward to seeing him play. Hope we sign some quality players permanently though for the long term. Realise January probably ain't a great time to do that, should have been done in the summer.
  • Options
    All the best to him and well done Thomas.
  • Options
    He signed for Chelsea when he was xx @Ollywozere
  • Options
    I'm pleased with this. I've always felt that we never got enough premier league youngsters as loanees.

This is a start, we needed 4/5 without fox and Lookman leaving though if we are to challenge
  • Options

Too short.

Indeed. Who wants Messi when you could have Crouch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Credit where credit is due, at least we got the replacement in before we sold Fox. Just a guess but I doubt Fox will be playing tomorrow.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Hoping that he is not a lump of rock

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Nobody runs that fast with the ball. The footage is being played at 78rpm (only those of a certain age will get that and some of those will be too short sighted to read this anyway).
  • Options
    Not sure it was charlton's job to reveal Dasilva has had a sex change:

"Dasilva signed for Chelsea from Luton Town when he was xx"
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-jay-dasilva-chelsea-3491866.aspx#Zt6Tt7Qj03XtxUIM.99
  • Options
    If he is accompanied by more (4/5/6) coming in it'all surely be a good thing. If he's the only one, plus the two MK players, as Lookman and Fox leave, it will not be good. I have a bad feeling it's intended to butter us up before the two aforementioned players leave. Good luck to the lad.
  • Options

Dwarf or little person. Please think of a Leuth at Christmas.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

1StevieG said:

Yo Jay!

Snoogans
    Snooch to the noooch!!!
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I hope he has a spectacularly successful loan spell for the rest of the season. But he doesn't seem to be the "sort" of player we need to recruit to drag us up the table.

Shouldn't we be looking for hardened, experienced players that have proven themselves to be up for the battle over many seasons? The sort that Lennie used to sign: hungry and angry.

He will be used to perfect pitch conditions, spectacular facilities, brilliant team-mates in peak physical condition, the highest standards of preparation, fitness and medical oversight. He's never played in L1 before.

I'm underwhelmed.

Like Roger Johnson, Andrew Crofts, Kevin Foley, Johnie Jackson? We have a enough aged, one paced players. If we're losing Lookman I'd rather we have a quick youngster who may be erratic but who can make something happen from nothing.
  • Options
    What the club doesn't want is the first transfer window news to be about the departure of Lookman. This signing stops that being the case.
  • Options

Able to play tomorrow?

Maybe. We tried to use Luzon without a work permit, so you never know :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Perfect signing for El Presidente. £10 million player out, loan signing in. There's no way the nutcase will sell up if he can keep repeating the same trick.

You can't tell from cherry-picked video clips. Let's see how he does playing amongst the big boys. If he does well, I will as always be grateful that I'm enjoying the unique experience of watching the Premiership players of the future while not having to worry about results.

Good luck to the boy.

Fair chance that will happen. Short term gain, whilst getting a few million in the process.
  • Options

That thought occurred to me too!

We still have our talisman Roger Johnson though!
  • Options

Shouldn't we perhaps take this at face value for once. We've signed a Premier League youngster who is very well thought of by his club. He fits the bill in being able to play left back if Fox leaves and has enough about him to play other roles where we have been lacking.

I think I'm dismissing the negatives being spouted by everyone and just going to be happy that for once we've appeared to sign the top end of the youngster loan market.

Well done Robinson and the club.

I think that's fair enough but I wonder if he will be used at left back even when Fox leaves. His pace could be a weapon in this league and may be wasted at the back.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Shouldn't we perhaps take this at face value for once. We've signed a Premier League youngster who is very well thought of by his club. He fits the bill in being able to play left back if Fox leaves and has enough about him to play other roles where we have been lacking.

I think I'm dismissing the negatives being spouted by everyone and just going to be happy that for once we've appeared to sign the top end of the youngster loan market.

I think that's fair enough but I wonder if he will be used at left back even when Fox leaves. His pace could be a weapon in this league and may be wasted at the back.
    Why? Plenty of teams use pacey wing backs, Spurs for example. There seems to be an impression that playing at the back is somewhat of a lesser position. I'm sure KR will know exactly who where his best position is and who is supposed to be replacing.
  • Options
    Without being bothered to check, i reckon Chelsea must have more players out on loan than we have in our squad.
    As for the young chap we have signed i believe he is a replacement for lookman not fox.
    Welcome to the madhouse and good luck
  • Options

watched 1.5mins of that youtube and i've decided already , he's a player and an improvement on Fox

Well Chelsea rate him very highly.

Might take a while to adjust to the shitness of shit league one football but is supposed to be very strong so might thrive on it. He certainly won't get done for pace.

• Options
    Looks like a rabbit lost in the headlights.

Perfect for a league one,bog of a pitch,kick bollock and bite,fans on your back season.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Macronate said:

Why? Plenty of teams use pacey wing backs, Spurs for example. There seems to be an impression that playing at the back is somewhat of a lesser position. I'm sure KR will know exactly who where his best position is and who is supposed to be replacing.
    Danny Rose at Spurs at about 5ft 7in (which is not tall), seems to be able to do well for Spurs and England
  • Options

Without being bothered to check, i reckon Chelsea must have more players out on loan than we have in our squad.
    As for the young chap we have signed i believe he is a replacement for lookman not fox.
    Welcome to the madhouse and good luck

Chelsea have more players out on loan than in anyones squad! Think it's something like 35 players they have loaned out now