Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Six Nations 2017

Comments

• Options
    Redskin said:

5th time England have choked on the last game to get a Grand Slam.

Yeah, but look how good Ireland are
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Who are the tournament champions? England or Ireland coz you wouldn't fuckin know going by the reaction from the commentators and pundits, going on about how Ireland won second? The fact that England have actually won the Trophy has only been mentioned once. Have a day off FFS

Well done Ireland for stopping Us win the 2nd Grand Slam on the spin!!!

Lets have some credit and respect for the 2017 6 Nations Champions though eh

Seriously Guiny mate, I'm genuinely flaberghasted by that. What's so important about Dublin?

Win the competition by 5 clear points (Over 5 games) and the emphasis is on one of only 3 games Ireland won.

"And we'll have more on Ireland's win after an appeal by the East Africa Crisis" Lets talk about the 2 games Ireland lost shall wee

Who are the tournament champions? England or Ireland coz you wouldn't fuckin know going by the reaction from the commentators and pundits, going on about how Ireland won second? The fact that England have actually won the Trophy has only been mentioned once. Have a day off FFS

Seriously Guiny mate, I'm genuinely flaberghasted by that. What's so important about Dublin?

Win the competition by 5 clear points (Over 5 games) and the emphasis is on one of only 3 games Ireland won.

"And we'll have more on Ireland's win after an appeal by the East Africa Crisis" Lets talk about the 2 games Ireland lost shall wee
    Both games that Ireland lost, they could have won, much like Englabd could have lost to Wales. It's the small things that sometimes go with you make you winners, if they go against you, you can find yourself on the losing side.

It's not so much the rugby itself, its the coverage and peoples attitude to wanting to beat England. It is obvious that beating England and not winning the competition means more to the Irish people than winning the competition and losing to England
    After the previous games, the best Ireland could do was to beat England and stop them getting back to back slams, they done that. I don't think there is an Irish person would won't have liked it to be a championship / grand slam decider today.
  • Options

Both games that Ireland lost, they could have won, much like Englabd could have lost to Wales. It's the small things that sometimes go with you make you winners, if they go against you, you can find yourself on the losing side.

It's not so much the rugby itself, its the coverage and peoples attitude to wanting to beat England. It is obvious that beating England and not winning the competition means more to the Irish people than winning the competition and losing to England
    After the previous games, the best Ireland could do was to beat England and stop them getting back to back slams, they done that. I don't think there is an Irish person would won't have liked it to be a championship / grand slam decider today.
    All the more reason more credit shoulda been afforded to the England squad imo
  • Options

Redskin said:

Yeah, but look how good Ireland are
    I saw how good they were when they played Wales last week.

• Options
    Redskin said:

Third time in Dublin I think they mentioned?
  • Options
    Ireland produced a great performance. 75% possession in the first half, but only 4 points ahead meant England were always a danger despite not being/not being allowed to be at their best. O'Mahony was immense after the loss of Heaslip in the warm up. With Kearney & Murray already missing, Ireland were already depleted & needed everyone to step up, which they did.

England deserved to win the 6 Nations. They've been on a great run under Jones, who was gracious in defeat today. They have some very good players coming through & strength in depth.

Like any sport though, you're there to be taken down if you're on such a run...just look at Huddersfield & their 6 year unbeaten run in League 1!!! It's what makes us watch & support and why people root for the underdog.
  • Options

Redskin said:

Third time in Dublin I think they mentioned?
    True.
    The English can't handle success whatever the sport.

• Options

Who cares?

Rugby ffs
  • Options
    Shit weekend for sport!
  • Options
    England are good, but not that good. It's probably "correct" that they only hold the winning streak record jointly, rather than on their own
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think that is honestly one of the worst 6 Nations in living memory. Not a single team particularly shined. Australia and New Zealand must be rubbing their hands in glee at how poorly everyone performed.
  • Options

The same Australia that got dicked senseless in their own back yard by one of the European teams a few months ago?

A one off. The Northern Hemisphere is playing predictable, uninspirational rugby at the moment. The upcoming Lions tour ought to show whether we are ready to challenge them.
  • Options
    How did England do in the World Cup?
  • Options
    England aren't as good as New Zealand and have struggled to really cut loose in the six nations.

They are getting close to having two top international quality players on a lot of the positions.

Weaknesses still for me are at:

Full back - remain unsure about Brown
    Centres - have good ball players and good driving and defensive players but struggle to work out which to play and none are really world class in both
    Flankers - itoje and cruse seem to have more impact in positions you would expect the flankers to be than the flankers themselves sometimes and this needs to change
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Fiiish said:

How did England do in the World Cup?

Are you for real my Fishy friend? Clutching at straws is a regular occurrence on CL, but you are turning it into an art form tonight... :unamused:

Or is the answer won it? You haven't mentioned exactly how far back you want to go... :smiley:
  • Options
    So going forward then, Scotland, Italy, France, Ireland and Wales just need to accumulate the most points to win the title and any credit that goes along witb doing so, but England need to do it without loosing a game.

It's a bit like playing football with a 5 year old and letting the ball go in the goal every time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Cor that's good, England won the 6 Nations - Yeah, but you lost??? the Grand Slam and look, to really emphasise how shit you are, it happened in Dublin.

WTF??????
  • Options
    Let the English haters have their day.
  • Options

Someone needs a hug

Yeah, the rest of the home nations do, as celebrating a true triumph seems to cause em offence
  • Options

Without question one of the most promising England sides for a long time

I agree, I was just choked that we choked for the Grand Slam in the final game...again.
  • Options
    I swear these countries get more enjoyment from England losing rather than their own team winning.

All a bit pathetic really.
  • Options

Cor that's good, England won the 6 Nations - Yeah, but you lost??? the Grand Slam and look, to really emphasise how shit you are, it happened in Dublin.

WTF??????

I'd say you need to have a good sit down Big Rob, but sounds like that might be piling the pain on for you!

From the coverage I saw, both Joe Schmidt & Rory Best were very complimentary about the England team, calling them deserving champions and a great side. Perhaps ITV could have handled the presentation better, but that's your broadcaster, not an Irish, Welsh or Scottish one. And the lights weren't turned off on England, the floodlights were off, so the spotlight could better pick out the players getting their medals.

England have a very good set of players coming through and a lot of strength in depth and they deserved to win the tournament. One defeat won't do them any harm either. Jones will make sure they learn from it.
  • Options

England aren't as good as New Zealand and have struggled to really cut loose in the six nations.

They are getting close to having two top international quality players on a lot of the positions.

Weaknesses still for me are at:

Full back - remain unsure about Brown
    Centres - have good ball players and good driving and defensive players but struggle to work out which to play and none are really world class in both
    Flankers - itoje and cruse seem to have more impact in positions you would expect the flankers to be than the flankers themselves sometimes and this needs to change

You are spot on about Brown. He will be 34 at the next World Cup. Been a good player for England, but Daly will end up at Full back, and I think now is the time.

I also think Ford has been pretty poor for a while now. Farrell should switch to fly half. Kruis and Launhbury should be the lock pairing.

Grand Slam and not beating The NZ record, I don't losing a game is actually a bad thing - it's a wake up call.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    https://twitter.com/DubFireBrigade/status/843174299167002624

Just to add, Dublin Fire Brigade had a bit of fun at the end of it all...

Though I cannot make the Twitter link work.