Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Six Nations 2017

Comments

• Options
    What a win this will be, over 50 pts
  • Options
    bonus point system means no damage limitation as the 4th try is a lot more important than keeping the score down. could potentially open the game up for another couple of england scores
  • Options
    What an ending!
  • Options
    Stunning, what a squad we have.
  • Options
    Really thought it'd be a bit closer this year.

Hahaha!
  • Options

Really thought it'd be a bit closer this year.

Hahaha!

Scots were their own worst enemies .. the bad bad tackle by their hooker on Daly set the tone .. England metaphorically said 'you want some then ?' and the reprisal/casualty count on the Scots was horrendous, though Haskell's smack on Hogg was a bit naughty .. the Scots tackling in midfield was non existent and slick passing allied to clever running lines did them all too often ...
    this is a very formidable England outfit, Jones knows just how to wind them up and keep them wound ..
    can't wait until the next time we play NZ ..
    as for Scotland .. it shows they have a decent 16/18 players but lack depth, but what can you expect from a country with only 2 pro clubs that has to rely much more than the other teams on 'imported' players
  • Options
    edited March 2017

We'll just have to put 70 or 80 past the Sweaty Socks then...

Damn, damn, damn damn, damn!!!!
  • Options
    England finally put in a performance to be proud of. While Scotland have really improved this tournament that early "red" card tackle set the tone for a bad tempered game which England were able to take full advantage of. 8 concussions in 2 games is a concern for Scotland and you have to wonder about their defensive/tackling coaching.

For me Joseph has to remain at 13 with Teo on as a finisher, we have a lot of powerful runners like Teo but someone like Joseph can take advantage of the holes they make. It was also great to see Watson and the Vunipolas back in the team. I still worry about Ford defensively as teams just run down his channel and too often he can't stop them. Nathan Hughes is starting to grow into a viable international option at 8, in so much as pushing Billy to up his game, he's been decent up until now but this game saw him step it up a notch.
  • Options
    That team was always capable of a performance like that. Someone was going to be on the end of it eventually. Yes, the Scots mistakes were all punished, but that England team would have beaten anyone on that form.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That team was always capable of a performance like that. Someone was going to be on the end of it eventually. Yes, the Scots mistakes were all punished, but that England team would have beaten anyone on that form.

Spot on. They could have easily taken their foot off the gas in the 2nd half, but went out and got more points on the board than they did in the 1st.
  • Options
    Let's not get carried away. England are clearly the second best side in the world right now, but I would not back us against the All Blacks just yet. In two years, hopefully we'll be ready.
  • Options

I know what you mean, but strangely their worst mistake wasn't punished (the long looping pass in front of their own goalposts).
    What was he thinking? Dreadful.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Let's not get carried away. England are clearly the second best side in the world right now, but I would not back us against the All Blacks just yet. In two years, hopefully we'll be ready.

Agree with this Bob. The long term goal has got to be the world cup in Japan - that's what they're gearing towards. I doubt a full strength England would beat all full strength All Blacks at the moment.

Will be interesting to see how many England players get in the Lions starting team and see how they perform against the All Blacks. I think it should be at least 7 (Hartley, Kruis, Itoje, Joesph, both Vunipola's and Farrell) although given Garlands love for Welsh players he will disagree.

From a England perspective, we still have Kruis, Robshaw and hopefully Tuilagi (although @Lincsaddick has a different viewpoint) I personally think all 3 would walk back in to the team. Also think Brown will make way for Daly at full back in the not to distant future.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Agree with this Bob. The long term goal has got to be the world cup in Japan - that's what they're gearing towards. I doubt a full strength England would beat all full strength All Blacks at the moment.

Will be interesting to see how many England players get in the Lions starting team and see how they perform against the All Blacks. I think it should be at least 7 (Hartley, Kruis, Itoje, Joesph, both Vunipola's and Farrell) although given Garlands love for Welsh players he will disagree.

From a England perspective, we still have Kruis, Robshaw and hopefully Tuilagi (although @Lincsaddick has a different viewpoint) I personally think all 3 would walk back in to the team. Also think Brown will make way for Daly at full back in the not to distant future.
    Jones made it clear yesterday that we are only one year into a four year plan.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    stonemuse said:

bobmunro said:

Jones made it clear yesterday that we are only one year into a four year plan.
    What's he like at football? After all Clive Woodward went to work for Southampton, mind you didn't work out too good for him. Still he couldn't do any worse than Fromage.
  • Options

I know what you mean, but strangely their worst mistake wasn't punished (the long looping pass in front of their own goalposts).
    What was he thinking? Dreadful.
    Yes - very true, showed just how rattled they were.
  • Options
    England squad to face Ireland in full:

Forwards:

Josh Beaumont (Sale Sharks), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Jamie George (Saracens), Teimana Harrison (Northampton Saints), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), James Haskell (Wasps),Paul Hill (Northampton Saints), Nathan Hughes (Wasps), Maro Itoje (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Tommy Taylor (Wasps), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Tom Wood (Northampton Saints).

Backs:

Mike Brown (Harlequins), Danny Care (Harlequins), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Owen Farrell (Saracens), George Ford (Bath Rugby), Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby), Alex Lozowski (Saracens), Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby, Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs) Henry Slade, (Exeter Chiefs), Ben Te'o (Worcester Warriors) , Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby), Marland Yarde (Harlequins), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers).
  • Options
    edited March 2017

bobmunro said:

Disagree with your first highlighted sentence agree with the second.

Launchbury would probably be the one to go for Kruis and he has had an outstanding tournament. Jack Clifford is probably the next 'cab on the rank' for open side given that we are looking at a 4 year plan and I am with Lincs re Tuilagi.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    LenGlover said:

bobmunro said:

Launchbury would probably be the one to go for Kruis and he has had an outstanding tournament. Jack Clifford is probably the next 'cab on the rank' for open side and I am with Lincs re Tuilagi.
    Agree about Launchbury
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017
    LenGlover said:

bobmunro said:

Launchbury would probably be the one to go for Kruis and he has had an outstanding tournament. Jack Clifford is probably the next 'cab on the rank' for open side given that we are looking at a 4 year plan and I am with Lincs re Tuilagi.
    I do wonder if Kruis will get back in .. I have always been a Dave Attwood fan and he does not even get a sniff ..
    Thanks @stonemuse for the team news .. No Clifford ? but Harrison and Beuamont get another call ..
    I'd like to see Lozowski given a while if/when we are 'safe' .. he's in the mould of Wilkinson J, not quite as a goalkicker but he is VERY quick and an aggressive tackler and runner .. and Josh B ? .. a real chip off the old tree, he's not just there cos dad is a big oak in the rugby world .. be nice to see him get a bit of game time as well

I saw the end of the U20 England/Scotland game .. on Sky .. the English production line is rolling along very nicely .. Jacob Umaga, nephew of the infamous Tana was in the England team .. I just hope that we don't end up in a few years with a team composed almost entirely of south sea islands imports .. then we'd be just like NZ ((:>)
  • Options
    i can see george replacing hartley sometime soon if that happens my pick as skip woulds be itoje over farrell
  • Options
    lolwray said:

i can see george replacing hartley sometime soon if that happens my pick as skip woulds be itoje over farrell

Agree with George over Hartley but not sure it's time for Itoje just yet. How about Lawes?
  • Options

lolwray said:

Agree with George over Hartley but not sure it's time for Itoje just yet. How about Lawes?
    Launchbury is captain of his club, Wasps, and will be 28 come the next world cup so would fit the 4 year plan.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Billy Vunipola is joint vice captain alongside Brown and Farrell at the moment. Think he may well get the nod after DH.
  • Options
    Are there any sports the Welsh are good at?
  • Options
    A rugby game lasting 100 minutes is quite ridiculous!
  • Options
    I'm racking my brains over how France have finished second. They are without a doubt the fifth worst team of the tournament.