Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Six Nations 2017

15678911»

Comments

• Options

Cor that's good, England won the 6 Nations - Yeah, but you lost??? the Grand Slam and look, to really emphasise how shit you are, it happened in Dublin.

WTF??????

Spot on, mate. I can't understand what people are moaning about with regards to the English team.

Ireland had a poor tournament, if the Irish didn't win yesterday they would've been 5th in a table of 6! It was only November that there were celebrations over beating the All Blacks, and I reckon a few weeks ago most people would've thought that yesterday's fixture between England and Ireland was going to be the title fixture.

Their tournament started with a shock defeat, and things weren't much better last week against the Welsh.

Yeah the England match is always a big occasion, but this time the Irish desperately needed to restore some pride amongst their ranks after quite a disappointing tournament IMO. It was always going to be a difficult match on their home turf.

England fully deserved to be champions, they had a really good tournament - and proved capable of winning even when they weren't playing as well as they should've been. I definitely think the future of English rugby looks good.

As for this tournament being one of the most boring, I actually found it really entertaining. The emergence of a stronger Scotland team is a welcome addition to the tournament, and even the Italians seem to be finding a little more pride and passion than the table suggests.
  • Options
    Great weekend in Dublin, England were flat from the first whistle and never looked like scoring a try. Definately go back again in 2 years, it's by far the best weekend trip.
  • Options

The same Australia that got dicked senseless in their own back yard by one of the European teams a few months ago?

Ireland also beat them (don't mention that to i_b_b_o_r_g ) and Scotland run them really close.
  • Options

The same Australia that got dicked senseless in their own back yard by one of the European teams a few months ago?

Ireland also beat them (don't mention that to i_b_b_o_r_g ) and Scotland run them really close.
    It's great that Ireland have beat Australia, it's great they won on Saturday.

My beef is with the way the coverage, and also people on social media in general, put far more emphasis on England losing the game (or Ireland winning the game, whichever you prefer) than England actually winning the Tournament. Its got bsolutely nothing to do with who we lost to in that last game.

Is it that hard to grasp?
  • Options
    edited March 2017

I was just countering the suggestion that Australia would be rubbing their hands in glee at a poor England performance. (Which they would, but not for the reasons suggested).
  • Options

My beef is with the way the coverage, and also people on social media in general, put far more emphasis on England losing the game (or Ireland winning the game, whichever you prefer) than England actually winning the Tournament. Its got bsolutely nothing to do with who we lost to in that last game.

If England had won the tournament on that game, then I would agree with you. But England already won the tournament when they beat Scotland the week before. All the glory was last week's news, even if the trophy wasn't given out until the week after.
  • Options

I was just countering the suggestion that Australia would be rubbing their hands in glee at a poor England performance. (Which they would, but not for the reasons suggested).
    I know, I was just adding to your arguement, Australia are the weakest I've seen them in some time.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

If England had won the tournament on that game, then I would agree with you. But England already won the tournament when they beat Scotland the week before. All the glory was last week's news, even if the trophy wasn't given out until the week after.
    Is your real name John West?
  • Options
    So if Chelsea win the Premier League with a few games to go, then on the last game of the season they lose to Stoke, would it be unfair for the pundits to report it in the context of Stòke beating Chelsea as opposed to Chelsea winning the league?

Try to respond without snarky comments for once, I know you've decided for no reason to start acting like a toddler towards me for the last year but if you're going to take part in a discussion don't throw your toys out of the pram every time someone doesn't 100% agree with you.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

I have always thought that is what is strange about 6 nations, Grand Slams are made into too much of a big Deal, however the 6 nations was won before the final game which was probably why Ireland winning was also built up. I can assure you that 99% of Irish fans would take winning the 6 Nations and losing to England rather than losing the 6 nations and beating England. It's also a game of small margins, Ireland despite the scoreline being comfortable were quite unlucky against the Welsh IMO, and had 1 player not made the mistake of joining the ruck then it could have well been a "6 nation shoot out" Overall despite not being at their best, England won and that's obviously a sign of a good team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I take it as a compliment that everyone wants to beat England. Same way everyone wants to beat the top teams more than the mid table. If England were not the consistently best team in the Northern Hemisphere there would be no allure in beating them.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

So if Chelsea win the Premier League with a few games to go, then on the last game of the season they lose to Stoke, would it be unfair for the pundits to report it in the context of Stòke beating Chelsea as opposed to Chelsea winning the league?

Try to respond without snarky comments for once, I know you've decided for no reason to start acting like a toddler towards me for the last year but if you're going to take part in a discussion don't throw your toys out of the pram every time someone doesn't 100% agree with you.

- Posting without reading -

Save yourself some time mate, it's down to opinions and I thought the coverage of the awards ceremony was bad, regardless of the result on the day and when the title was won.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Cor that's good, England won the 6 Nations - Yeah, but you lost??? the Grand Slam and look, to really emphasise how shit you are, it happened in Dublin.

WTF??????

I'd say you need to have a good sit down Big Rob, but sounds like that might be piling the pain on for you!

A few lads from Dublin have to find somewhere to put the triple crown.
  • Options
    Strictly speaking England still retain the Triple Crown.
  • Options

What do the French say?
  • Options
    iainment said:

What do the French say?

• Options
    not being too wise after the event .. Bill V never looked fit, I was surprised that Hughes didn't start, he'd been getting better and better .. Youngs and Ford were awful .. does Brown EVER pass the fecking ball ? .. as often in the past we were done by a team running on Irish Spirit, we were 'outdetermined', outfought, outthought and outplayed .. Heaslip and Murray's absences seemed to make no difference, the reserve Irish scrum half had an absolute stormer ... the championship goes to England but the overhyped grand slam just was not to be ..
    be interesting to see how many from the England squad, in which the sum is much greater than the separate parts, make the Lions selection for NZ
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Fiiish said:

Don't think it's something that is retained, it's has to be won, therefore there wasn't a winner this year.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Fiiish said:

Don't think it's something that is retained, it's has to be won, therefore they wasn't a winner this year.
    Yes, it has to be won in the current 6 nations tournament.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Well yeah a winner isn't recorded but the trophy will be 'held' by the last nation that won it until another nations dethrones them. It's purely semantics whether or not this means they do or do not actually retain the trophy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017
    What was that about not getting the Grand Slam?
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Let's not get carried away. England are clearly the second best side in the world right now, but I would not back us against the All Blacks just yet. In two years, hopefully we'll be ready.

Agree with this Bob. The long term goal has got to be the world cup in Japan - that's what they're gearing towards. I doubt a full strength England would beat all full strength All Blacks at the moment.

Will be interesting to see how many England players get in the Lions starting team and see how they perform against the All Blacks. I think it should be at least 7 (Hartley, Kruis, Itoje, Joesph, both Vunipola's and Farrell) although given Garlands love for Welsh players he will disagree.

From a England perspective, we still have Kruis, Robshaw and hopefully Tuilagi (although @Lincsaddick has a different viewpoint) I personally think all 3 would walk back in to the team. Also think Brown will make way for Daly at full back in the not to distant future.
    excuse me for reprieving this oldie .. BUT @ricky_otto will be delighted to know that as of today, a fit(Ish) Tuilagi is back with the full England training squad ready for the autumn internationals

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40817753
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Let's not get carried away. England are clearly the second best side in the world right now, but I would not back us against the All Blacks just yet. In two years, hopefully we'll be ready.

Agree with this Bob. The long term goal has got to be the world cup in Japan - that's what they're gearing towards. I doubt a full strength England would beat all full strength All Blacks at the moment.

Will be interesting to see how many England players get in the Lions starting team and see how they perform against the All Blacks. I think it should be at least 7 (Hartley, Kruis, Itoje, Joesph, both Vunipola's and Farrell) although given Garlands love for Welsh players he will disagree.

From a England perspective, we still have Kruis, Robshaw and hopefully Tuilagi (although @Lincsaddick has a different viewpoint) I personally think all 3 would walk back in to the team. Also think Brown will make way for Daly at full back in the not to distant future.
    excuse me for reprieving this oldie .. BUT @ricky_otto will be delighted to know that as of today, a fit(Ish) Tuilagi is back with the full England training squad ready for the autumn internationals

Great news.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Let's hope his injury problems are behind him. Pleased he is back in contention.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

bobmunro said:

Let's hope his injury problems are behind him. Pleased he is back in contention.

so .. Manu's return has gone well (:>)
     http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40851494

• Options
    The guy does seem to be a bit of an idiot. Shame as he is a brilliant talent