Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bury - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

If I hear any fucking more about how shit the refs are every fucking time we play I think my eyeballs may explode!

Don't forget also how the opposition keeper had a "wordly".
  • Options
    Somehow better than Tuesday but still shocking
  • Options
    Not sure how anyone can take any positives from that.
  • Options
    Awful not as bad as Tuesday but still awful. There's nothing even closely resembling any leaders out there no passion no getting in the refs ear, no geeing each other up.
  • Options

Just watched KR's pre match interview again.

He said the team changes were not based on what happened on Tuesday, they were changes he was going to make anyway.

He cracks the joke (again) about playing a right winger at right back."Exciting" and "as you can see", it shows we are going to take the game to Bury.

Leaving out Magennis was always intended as part of his recovery from injury.

"What's been said since Tuesday is just the truth". "We've got to do our talking on the pitch, them kind of results can't keep happening."

"Today, going with that young team, is aggressive...very aggressive. That's what we want to see, we want to see goals here. We've got to put goals in the back of the net more than the opposition, a lot more now. Not just winning by one, it's about scoring goals. We've got to put ourselves in the clear and that's the objective behind today."

Anyone at the game recognise any of this?

They need to bloody speak up then as they're currently mumbling!!
  • Options
    Shit game played out by two woeful teams. If Bury weren't so useless they could have had more.

Thought Novak had his best game for us but the rest were simply awful. Robinson hadn't got a clue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

We dominated most of the play, but our midfield was wildly inconsistent and our finishing abysmal. There were glimmers of something good and then Mavididi got injured presumably forever. The ref was dreadful. We weren't exactly good. But more than that, we lacked confidence. And it really does seem that the fates are against us right now

That might be an explanation for one or two games but over a season you make your own luck and generally teams get exactly what they deserve. I bet most sides that get relegated bemoan bad luck, bad referees and injuries.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Shit game played out by two woeful teams. If Bury weren't so useless they could have had more.

Thought Novak had his best game for us but the rest were simply awful. Robinson hadn't got a clue.

Really unlucky with the open goal, ball was played really quickly across the box and he had no time to adjust just to get his head to the ball and hope it was enough
  • Options
    We need some clean sheets. If we can't score, don't let any in. We need points or else relegation battle will be upon us.
  • Options
    Clueless, gutless, hopeless.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

This is what I posted this morning

I think it is going to go pear shaped today. Bury to get an early goal and then defend it for the rest of the game.

Nostradamus Plumb.

Except apparently they didn't need to defend it for the rest of the game. If anything, it sounded as though they were the team most likely to score the second goal.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Thought the same about Novak,he had a good game and if not for the woodwork and keeper both doing their jobs he wouldve had a couple of goals today. Mavididi did well also. The rest.....meh.....Page and Forster Caskey??? Whats the point????
  • Options
    Didn't defend well enough for their goal but looked like Page should've had a free kick for a high boot just before.
  • Options
    Pretty awful game, can't quite decide if it was as bad or slightly better than Tuesday, probably slightly better on balance but thats not saying much.

I've said it 100 times or more, we lack any leaders out there, no one seems to give a hoot. Robinson continues to try to bash square pegs in round holes, i'm starting to worry about his credentials in all honesty, I reckon I could get better out of the squad the last 3 months. He screams the odd thing but otherwise spends the game biting his lips and wandering around with his arms folded.

And I notice the big thing Robinson made of getting all the players together then around the ground to clap at the end, him included, has gone by the wayside now....... he can't wait to get down the tunnel these days.

The quicker this seasons over the better, preferably with us still a league 1 side but i'm not counting my chickens just yet, i'm really not sure I can face anymore of watching this dross, I look around the Valley the last few months wondering where everyone is who used to be here, wherever it is can someone let me know as i'm thinking of joining you.........
  • Options
    The best goal scoring option we have is a young Arsenal loanee. Today I thought we huffed and puffed and didn't get any luck but that doesn't disguise the fact that we just don't have a striker worthy of the name. That should have been addressed in January.

There were positives. Aribo, Konsa, Holmes, Mavididdi, Byrne and Rudd.

I don't want Robinson sacked. I want him supported properly over the summer. It will be another ten out, ten in again though. That's no way to build a squad.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think there's any point in sacking KR just yet.Yes he talks shit like David Brent,but who else would do well at this poisoned chalice of a club.We've got some decent players,but they play with zero confidence,always giving the responsibility to someone else.I don't think we are far away from picking up a few wins,but the tactic of just getting it wide and knocking it in the box just isn't working.Our attackers are poor,no goal threat all season.Miserable
  • Options

Croydon said:

Really unlucky with the open goal, ball was played really quickly across the box and he had no time to adjust just to get his head to the ball and hope it was enough
    Agreed but only because he's a 3rd Division striker. A better one adjusts and makes the bad ball look good.

Having said that, I'd play him next game. At least he offers some movement in the box and looks hungry for a chance. Another day/season he'd get a hatrick in that game.

• Options

Just watched KR's pre match interview again.

He said the team changes were not based on what happened on Tuesday, they were changes he was going to make anyway.

He cracks the joke (again) about playing a right winger at right back."Exciting" and "as you can see", it shows we are going to take the game to Bury.

Leaving out Magennis was always intended as part of his recovery from injury.

"What's been said since Tuesday is just the truth". "We've got to do our talking on the pitch, them kind of results can't keep happening."

"Today, going with that young team, is aggressive...very aggressive. That's what we want to see, we want to see goals here. We've got to put goals in the back of the net more than the opposition, a lot more now. Not just winning by one, it's about scoring goals. We've got to put ourselves in the clear and that's the objective behind today."

Anyone at the game recognise any of this?

It was the first game I had been to for a few months, so went with a relatively open mind regarding Robinson's pre-match talk and what then happens on the pitch.

Thought we probably deserved a point in the end - but even that wouldn't have lived up to his words.

And he sets himself up for criticism with all the talk when the team is not good enough to follow it through on the pitch.

If that performance really came after a lot of soul-searching since midweek, then the omens really aren't good.

He's not the main problem obviously, but we seem to have a team too reliant on a few individuals.
  • Options
    Did not go today.

I get the feeling that:

Karl is haunted by JJ and Congo Chris in the background and for some reason doesn't play our best 11.(when available).

IMO we should start Watt and Mag up front with Holmes and Mavi out wide.
    Crofts/Byrne and JFC in the centre, with Solly, Page, Bauer and Tex.

I also think Bauer and Rudd don't get on.

Karl has said he knows what to change but can't do anything yet. Maybe this means Rudd goes back, JJ retires, Tex and Watt leave. All at the end of the season.

We need to nick another dozen points before we pack it in for the season.

Bad times at CAFC and another crap season under these Belgian donuts.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

The thing that devastates me is; the last few years we've been 'Charlton going through a blip but still a big former Premier club who'll bounce back soon.'
    But now it feels very much like a Portsmouth situation. Gone. Finished. Won't come back for years.
    And all the while it's happening we have that person owning us. Presiding over abject failure and destruction of a club.

Similar to Portsmouth, but our crowds will end up more Blackpool.

• Options
    Valley11 said:

The thing that devastates me is; the last few years we've been 'Charlton going through a blip but still a big former Premier club who'll bounce back soon.'
    But now it feels very much like a Portsmouth situation. Gone. Finished. Won't come back for years.
    And all the while it's happening we have that person owning us. Presiding over abject failure and destruction of a club.

Look at the fans of failing outfits who claim they are "big clubs" as if it somehow should give them some automatic right to succeed. Only it doesn't. Just ask Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Portsmouth etc. Sadly, we get what we deserve, or rather what our owner deserves.
  • Options
    Dire performance - personally thought we were worse than Tuesday. Bury could easily have got a second.

The defending for the first goal was comical - nobody wanted to clear it and seemed intent on setting up Bury.

Useless manager and mediocre set of players struggle against a poor side like Bury. KR is a f***ing waste of space who hasn't got a clue - how exactly can we play worse or look any more disorganised?

Sick of all the excuses I've heard - players and management should all be ashamed.

They're all f***ing useless....