Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bury - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

it looks as though Didididi is out and will go back to Arsenal .. can't blame him really .. get well soon .. Magennis looks as though he has the daily trouble double .. not fit and has given up trying .. Watt ? .. have he and 'manager' (I use the word loosely) Robinson fallen out ? .. two other strikers out on loan

Who's left in the striker locker ? ... perhaps we'll see Umarah at Shrewsbury .. all together now .. 'he can't do any worse than the others' .. on the one occasion I saw him (a cameo at Hull last season when we were 6-0 down) he at least gave it a right good go against decent and tough defenders

Umerah is on loan at Kilmarnock

KAG is the only other option
  • Options
    Cold, wet, miserable, waste of time.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

dickplumb said:

This is what I posted this morning

I think it is going to go pear shaped today. Bury to get an early goal and then defend it for the rest of the game.

Nostradamus Plumb.

You didn't have to be Nostradamus to predict that. It was odds on.

Rick nailed it in VOTV. His 'Robinson is on the ropes' article is a good summary as to where we are now as a club.
    I agree, sacking managers solves nothing. It's all about the way the club is run.

You're jealous that I got it spot on.
  • Options

it looks as though Didididi is out and will go back to Arsenal .. can't blame him really .. get well soon .. Magennis looks as though he has the daily trouble double .. not fit and has given up trying .. Watt ? .. have he and 'manager' (I use the word loosely) Robinson fallen out ? .. two other strikers out on loan

Who's left in the striker locker ? ... perhaps we'll see Umarah at Shrewsbury .. all together now .. 'he can't do any worse than the others' .. on the one occasion I saw him (a cameo at Hull last season when we were 6-0 down) he at least gave it a right good go against decent and tough defenders

Umerah is on loan north of the border
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    The persistence with 4-2-3-1 is getting on my tits. Even when losing he doesn't try a formation change. I'm sure it works well fot some managers but can't see even when winning a match where it has been as a result of the formation. Doubt a single one of our players wouldn't walk into the Bury side but while being the better side, our chances were marginal.

I can't remember a full back getting a cross until injury time and that was blocked. The distance between our defence and midfield is CRIMINAL. Karl if they have been coached, what is the game plan? I can't see it. Aribo looks a star to me ditto Konsa but has nobody in front of him apart from a CF with a midfielder blocking a pass and two CHs up his arse.
  • Options

Umerah is on loan at Kilmarnock

KAG is the only other option
    f f s .. I can't keep up with this Titanic of a soap opera .. KAG it s then .. I mentioned Cardiff today in another post, KAG scored his first league goal there last season .. let's hope that IF he plays again in the far west, he can do so again and again and again
  • Options
    Isn't Hanlan due back from Bromley soon?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Isn't Hanlan due back from Bromley soon?

His loan has been extended

There may be a recall clause though?
  • Options
    PWR. So likely to be the same as everybody else anyway.
    Came home, watched the rugby and had dinner and now have to sit down to this reality.

We didn't have a player sent off so that's a positive.

Looks like a relegation battle. So there we were in January, accepting the loss of Lookman and Fox, thought that we would get a genuine re vamp, and for the second half of the season really push on and go for it.
    At least that is what I was hoping for.
    We left the game today, my son and I, and he said, that's it I'm not coming back, gutting to hear that. We have gone to the football together for ever.
    We schlepp along game after game, what are we supposed to do? Accept what is happening?
    Bury got a deserved double over us today because like every team we encounter getting a result at Charlton is a bit of a scalp, for this season at least, and Bury did what they all do, play like a team, pack the defence, nick one, only now we can't even get a 1-1 draw.
    I would excuse Aribo today, and Rudd, but not many of the others, possibly Konsa as well, but basically we were crap, and with no possibility of getting any better is seems to me.

I am leaving any more comment because I shall now go and trawl the aftermath.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dreadful, the aforementioned pigeons easily took mom, get well soon to dowadidi.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

When we played Wimbledon at home in the early Autumn I had a brief conversation with Chris Parkes. He was annoyed with my support for the protests and told me "If it wasn't for Roland we would end up like Wimbledon"

I notice that Wimbledon climbed above us in the league table today.

What a ridiculous thing for someone to say....
  • Options
    Went shopping with family in Sheffield town centre today. Heard the healthy United crowd roar all the way in the town centre a few times with big cheers. Have to say i'm a bit jealous. I'd love our stadium to be packed with fans roaring on the team to victory again and again. United aren't really a bigger club (lately) and can probably only attract similar quality of players and manager. The difference is that they seem to be well run and are littered with people that are Red and White to their core. Even when they were waiting to come good, their fans knew that their backers and board are all behind the club and more importantly hurting when it doesn't go well. If RD was on here telling us how much it upsets him to see us lose i'd have some belief but he doesn't give a fuck about the club, only the bottom line. Win, lose, or draw, if the club turns a profit, then that is all that matters at any cost. I feel sad that I am losing 'my only desire' and all because the one person that is responsible won't do the respectful thing and let the club be run by someone who will cherish it and nurture it back to health.

I didn't check our score until after full-time. This is not me. After nearly 40 years of following Charlton my heart is going cold. I've seen it all over this time as we all have, but i've never once felt this disconnect.

• Options

PWR. I was in attendance today.

There were up to eighteen pigeons on the the pitch throughout the second half.

I thought they used the flanks wisely, often outwitting the players and operating well as a unit. Pressing forward into the space, pass and go in true pica-peka style. Pretty much the finished article. I look forward to seeing them at a higher level in the near future.

Their use of the aerial route was more successful than our's also
  • Options
    How has Robinson not seen that the players are struggling with this rubbish formation, half the time they are all over the place, pointing out too each other where they should be going. 4-4-2 is the simple answer to what we need, back to basics no messing around, otherwise if Robinson continues this stubbornest of trying to play something that clearly has not worked since his been here, Relegation is gonna be a certainly soon in my view.
  • Options
    The goal was farcical: three clearances in the six-yard box straight to the opposition, the last of which even they couldn't miss from.
    There was more movement from the scavenging pigeons than our lot...
    I had to remind both myself and the lad that this is third division football with third division players.
    I hope we get dragged into a relegation dogfight. At least there will be a scintilla of excitement as we finally avoid relegation.
    Oh well, more booze to round up a wretched week.

• Options
    I never bother posting on here but Today is the lowest ever, when I heard he was going to change it for the game, me and my boys were trying to work out how and who.

Let's face it we are a pile of sh1t... players don't look bothered and I'm sure even at 40 I could put a better shift in than some of those so called pro footballers.

I'm done with this sh1t until they sell up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really can't see it improving it is a bit like when Pardew was in charge we have a new team every game and players who do not have a clue where they are meant to be playing effectively we played 6-0-4 today on Tuesday it was 4-2-4 god knows how he will form us next week probably 3-3-4. Robinson has no clue nor do the players. but to blame looks no further then absent owner and incompetent CEO.
  • Options
    And as for the game:-

1) First game for me since Sheff Utd - can just about stomach giving Douchbag a fiver. And yes, we really were as bad as everything I had read since the Sheffield game.

2) Spent the first half watching closely and trying to work out what formation we were playing. Was it 4-1-4-1, with Forster-Caskey in front of the back 4? Or 4-2-3-1, with F-C and Konsa as the two? Or even 4-3-3, with Holmes and Mavididi playing up front with Novak? I defy even Tutt-Tutt to tell me what that was!

But whatever it was it was a muddle, with players all over the place.

Why can't Jimmy Tarbuck just line his team up in a formation they can understand? (And suits the players' abilities)

3) Guy sitting down from me was one of the leaders of the "you're rubbish Fox" brigade. Could only laugh as Page skied another cross into the stand and the bloke put his head into his hands!

In fact, Page was truly awful.

4) I actually thought Konsa and Aribo played OK. Shame they will both be gone in the summer.

5) I would hazard a guess that that is a team with little team spirit. Rudd, in particular, drove me mad screaming at anyone who made a mistake.

6) And what was all that nonsense at the end, with several players lying around as if they had just lost a cup final. Come on, you've just lost to Bury.

It's all so shambolic that attending games at the Valley at the moment is just dispiriting. Lord knows how anyone does it game after game.

8 or so points should see us safe. Lord knows where they are coming from.
  • Options
    Fairly certain the players are better than this shower. Fingers crossed Karl hasn't lost them.
  • Options

Missed It said:

Cold, wet, miserable, waste of time.

Bit like my ex
    My wife says that about me.
  • Options
    Well I for one had a great day today, gave Charlton a miss went racing had a 33/1 winner ended the day £250 up.

Thanks Rolly.
  • Options
    high point of the afternoon was the crossbar challenge
    better effort than we managed in 90 mins