Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

They WON'T sack Robinson

-He is happy to take 'Mr President's' spy on his staff

- He's a public face that loves to chat and get in the media, happily taking the flak and demand away from regime Roland and Katrien

- He's happy to follow the party line, talk up youngsters, sign up to the philosophy of producing and selling on at profit

- They won't pay out again at a time of the year that they want to cut their costs and we are not going down

- They and their apologists can effectively write off the last three months of the season and excuse underperformance by talking once again about 'summer rebuilds' 'allowing him to build his squad' 'fresh promises of change' etc

Comments

• I make you right
  • All makes sense but can't see Roland keeping him until August.
  • Agree. The only way they will sack him is if Roland has someone else lined up. I suspect there are few British managers (other than the desperate or the unemployable) who would want anything to do with us, and appointing a foreigner would just be taking a massive stop backwards in terms of their attempts to show they are listening. We're close to being unmanageable.
  • They both deserve each other then, if he's not sack.

I have also said he managed a team that finished below us last season.
  • Far from certain we won't go down. Football can change fast, but right now we look disorganized and lacking in invention. That's a good mix for terrible form. We'll probably pick just enough points to stay out of really serious bother, but I can also easily see this run continuing for a few more weeks and then who knows what might happen from there.

Other than that, I make AFKA right. In some ways KR is the perfect manager for a mob like them.
  • edited February 2017
    so far as I know, Rowett G is still without a club to manage, he was Curbishley's blue eyed boy .. Please Lord L have a word with GR to apply for our vacancy .. I write 'vacancy' 'cos I am sticking pins in my Robinson voodoo doll in the hope he'll talk himself into a catatonic trance and have to resign .. I don't wish him dead ...
  • Sponsored links:

• We have enough to stay up this season but I am starting to fear for next season. The squad looks an average one for this division but with a policy of selling anyone half decent and not replacing them adequately, I can see us struggling next season regardless of who is the puppet of the month out in charge. The only way things can now change is with a change at the top.
  • so far as I know, Rowett G is still without a club to manage, he was Curbishley's blue eyed boy .. Please Lord L have a word with GR to apply for our vacancy .. I write 'vacancy' 'cos I am sticking pins in my Robinson voodoo doll in the hope he'll talk himself into a catatonic trance and have to resign .. I don't wish him dead ...

Gary Rowett has proved himself in the championship, why the hell would he come to a basket case club in the bottom half of league one?
    cos all managers like to manage .. and we are STILL a club with enormous potential
  • I make AFKA right. In some ways KR is the perfect manager for a mob like them.

Don't kid yourselves.
  • -He is happy to take 'Mr President's' spy on his staff

- He's a public face that loves to chat and get in the media, happily taking the flak and demand away from regime Roland and Katrien

- He's happy to follow the party line, talk up youngsters, sign up to the philosophy of producing and selling on at profit

- They won't pay out again at a time of the year that they want to cut their costs and we are not going down

- They and their apologists can effectively write off the last three months of the season and excuse underperformance by talking once again about 'summer rebuilds' 'allowing him to build his squad' 'fresh promises of change' etc

From their perspective that would be the sensible approach. However with the protest coming up, and Roland not reacting well to embarrassment, I really think Robinson will be sacked soon.
  • so far as I know, Rowett G is still without a club to manage, he was Curbishley's blue eyed boy .. Please Lord L have a word with GR to apply for our vacancy .. I write 'vacancy' 'cos I am sticking pins in my Robinson voodoo doll in the hope he'll talk himself into a catatonic trance and have to resign .. I don't wish him dead ...

Gary Rowett has proved himself in the championship, why the hell would he come to a basket case club in the bottom half of league one?
    No decent manager will come here, as they won't be allowed to eh... manage.
  • DA9 said:

Do you think he's lost the dressing room?
    He grates our gears as fans at times, imagine having to put up with his hyperbole day in, day out?

If he had the dressing room in the first place. His managerial record would hardly have had the players in awe of him.
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

He grates our gears as fans at times, imagine having to put up with his hyperbole day in, day out?

I think so, yes. Players can see through it.

No doubt we will need to clear all these players out and start again...
  • DA9 said:

Looks like someone has had enough of him.
    Thats just Watt being Watt the cheeky scamp
  • DA9 said:

Looks like someone has had enough of him.
    To be fair that probably says more about Watt than FarleyRobinson
  • Surely the penny has to drop with the divs owning and running the club that the way they run the club is not working.

How anyone can still have faith that they will turn it around is beyond me. Will be another few months of "lessons learned, rebuild in the summer, bear with us" bullocks for the umpteenth season running.

They are not capable of running a successful football club at Charlton and each season continue to prove the polar opposite.

I think they will see that in their eyes it is working for them. The reasons? Gomez, Lookman and Fox from the recent past and Konsa and Aribo in the near future.
  • edited February 2017
    Roland doesn't do failure and he doesn't do logic.

All the reasons given make sense but that's no something that will worry Roland.

If Duchatelet fancies a change there will be a change.
  • sam3110 said:

There would be no point in sacking him anyway. Give him the summer and see what we can do. There is still a lot of deadwood at the club that needs to be cut off.

Duchatelet and Meire for starters