Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

They WON'T sack Robinson

Comments

• Options
    Who cares any way?

Until Roland leaves nothing really matters.
  • Options

KR made a pretty snide comment during the game today, Page scuffed it off the pitch I think and Robinson turned around and said something along the lines of 'and he played for West Ham?' As much as I do want him to stay, if he doesn't have the dressing room I don't know how long he can last. I will say him and Magennis were having a laugh before he was subbed on so might just be issues with individual players.

I sat near the dug out too yesterday, partly because I wanted to see how the overconfidence from KR to the media translated pitchside, I have to say I found his interactions quite non exsistent at times and at others an acceptance of the way the game unfolded and little effort to try and turn the course of the game or gee the players up.

I too heard some similar comments to the above, including as Tony watt was preparing to come on - he kept asking Tony to get ready, little seemed to be happening then Chris came over with his little book of stats and showed Tony something, shortly after KR said "Tony are you listening", "are you listening tone, are you even going to acknowledge me"

It was very awkward and said coving his mouth at one point, Tony didn't respond from what I could see/hear.

There were other comments as harry said generally pretty demeaning in tone like of course he'd do that or he's done that again ect

KR sat next to Chris and would often say make a note of that Chris, but they didn't really seem to interact or have much rapport - KR spoke more to jacko and Bowyer

Overall I didn't get the sense of the person who likes to talk as much as he does to the media, I observed a rather quiet and accepting of the crap as just the way it is type of approach

• Options

I was told today that KM & RM hinted strongly in the pre match meeting with " you know who " that KR will still be with us in the summer as will our owner.

Guess that's ta ta then, Karl.

Same old excuses that they know they've made mistakes but have learned from them...honest !

KM's body language was described as "very open" but that could be attributed to the short mini skirt she was wearing....

And RM was "glowing with health" & was quite forthright & candid once the meeting was officially over...

No surprises there then, Henry ?

Of course they'll say KR and the owner will still be here next season. Doesn't guarantee anything.
  • Options
    I read elsewhere that yesterday Meire said that Robinson wasn't available in the Summer, thus implying that Slade was temporary. I suppose she’s trying to get back to the old “every change is the correct decision” line, and where we are now is through careful thought and planning. What with her and Murray claiming that Robinson will be backed in the close season, I fully expect our Scouse guru will be gone next weekend. I’m hoping he won’t go quietly.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

I’m hoping he won’t go quietly.

Expect that would be part of the pay off deal.

That would be the worst part of the whole thing for him though - all those media interview requests and opportunities and not being able to do them!
  • Options

so far as I know, Rowett G is still without a club to manage, he was Curbishley's blue eyed boy .. Please Lord L have a word with GR to apply for our vacancy .. I write 'vacancy' 'cos I am sticking pins in my Robinson voodoo doll in the hope he'll talk himself into a catatonic trance and have to resign .. I don't wish him dead ...

Gary Rowett has proved himself in the championship, why the hell would he come to a basket case club in the bottom half of league one?
    cos all managers like to manage .. and we are STILL a club with enormous potential
    He's an intelligent and articulate bloke. He will get a job at a higher level than this and would not come anywhere near Charlton. However, I do admire your optimism Lincs so please send some along the A17/A47 into Norfolk!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2017

so far as I know, Rowett G is still without a club to manage, he was Curbishley's blue eyed boy .. Please Lord L have a word with GR to apply for our vacancy .. I write 'vacancy' 'cos I am sticking pins in my Robinson voodoo doll in the hope he'll talk himself into a catatonic trance and have to resign .. I don't wish him dead ...

Gary Rowett has proved himself in the championship, why the hell would he come to a basket case club in the bottom half of league one?
    cos all managers like to manage .. and we are STILL a club with enormous potential
    He's an intelligent and articulate bloke. He will get a job at a higher level than this and would not come anywhere near Charlton. However, I do admire your optimism Lincs so please send some along the A17/A47 into Norfolk!
    t b f even my optimism is wearing a wee bit threadbare .. but I woke up this morning only to find that Robinson is STILL 'our' manager ... from threadbare to holed ..

anyway, never mind the road to Norfolk, today I start off on the A46, the long and winding road towards Shrewsbury and the wild wild west .. it's a nice part of the country in which to spend a few days .. and the potential car crash that awaits us at New Meadow intrigues me .. which hopeless team playing which daft formation will Robinson put out ? ..
    I nicknamed him Robinson Crusoe when he 1st got the job, that's where the twerp belongs, incommunicado on a desert island
  • Options
    His ultimate dream is to manage his beloved Liverpool. He probably won't in reality but tbf to the bloke is there anything wrong with a wild dream?
  • Options

His ultimate dream is to manage his beloved Liverpool. He probably won't in reality but tbf to the bloke is there anything wrong with a wild dream?

only when you wake up with sticky sheets.
  • Options

only when you wake up with sticky sheets.
    When HE wakes up with sticky sheets maybe. I don't have that dream. It once came when he managed MKD. I'm only going on what I heard. Maybe hearsay. (What a talentless band they were by the way). But who hasn't ever had a wild dream?
  • Options
    I'll be amazed if he survives long, but then we are owned by clowns.
  • Options

I was told today that KM & RM hinted strongly in the pre match meeting with " you know who " that KR will still be with us in the summer as will our owner.

Guess that's ta ta then, Karl.

Same old excuses that they know they've made mistakes but have learned from them...honest !

KM's body language was described as "very open" but that could be attributed to the short mini skirt she was wearing....

And RM was "glowing with health" & was quite forthright & candid once the meeting was officially over...

No surprises there then, Henry ?

Is her voice working now then?
    ;-)
  • Options
    razil said:

They can say just about anything but we all know who makes the actual decisions

Exactly. Robinson is a fig leaf - his presence suggests (to the casual observer) that we are being run by a promising young manager with league experience.
  • Options
    Dowie was once a promising young manager. I was happy to give Powell time, seems fair to do the same for Robinson in a similar situation. Not convinced he's that good a manager. Could even argue he got lucky at MK Dons with Dele Alli coming through at the right time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:

KR made a pretty snide comment during the game today, Page scuffed it off the pitch I think and Robinson turned around and said something along the lines of 'and he played for West Ham?' As much as I do want him to stay, if he doesn't have the dressing room I don't know how long he can last. I will say him and Magennis were having a laugh before he was subbed on so might just be issues with individual players.

I sat near the dug out too yesterday, partly because I wanted to see how the overconfidence from KR to the media translated pitchside, I have to say I found his interactions quite non exsistent at times and at others an acceptance of the way the game unfolded and little effort to try and turn the course of the game or gee the players up.

I too heard some similar comments to the above, including as Tony watt was preparing to come on - he kept asking Tony to get ready, little seemed to be happening then Chris came over with his little book of stats and showed Tony something, shortly after KR said "Tony are you listening", "are you listening tone, are you even going to acknowledge me"

It was very awkward and said coving his mouth at one point, Tony didn't respond from what I could see/hear.

There were other comments as harry said generally pretty demeaning in tone like of course he'd do that or he's done that again ect

KR sat next to Chris and would often say make a note of that Chris, but they didn't really seem to interact or have much rapport - KR spoke more to jacko and Bowyer

Overall I didn't get the sense of the person who likes to talk as much as he does to the media, I observed a rather quiet and accepting of the crap as just the way it is type of approach

I noticed that, he'd stand up maybe say a few words to either Clark or Barker I'm guessing it was then trudge back and almost sulk in to his chair. It seemed to me that he spent more time moaning about how the players weren't doing what they were meant to than actually trying to do anything about it.
  • Options

DA9 said:

Do you think he's lost the dressing room?
    He grates our gears as fans at times, imagine having to put up with his hyperbole day in, day out?

Looks like someone has had enough of him.
    If this is true, this has to be a black mark on Watt, not necessarily Robinson. Has he played for a manager he hasn't fallen out with?

Also, I don't know that Robinson is the long-term answer, but I do feel like we both blame the regime for sacking managers AND call for managers to be sacked when we put in 2-3 bad performances. Robinson is far from perfect but he's about the best British manager we could hope for. He's helped promote youth, and gotten promoted out of this league with MKD.

This team has a fair amount of quality and somehow they look absolutely lost in the last couple weeks. I really don't know where we go from here. We have a good spine with Bauer/Tex (though I doubt either will be here next year), Konsa, JFC, Aribo, Mag, and Holmes. That's the foundation of a team that should be challenging for promotion. And yet...here we are.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Oggy Red said:

I want Robinson sacked tonight or sooner .. he's absolutely fucked this job up and has used up all his chances, he does not have a clue .. the man is a charlatan and only an incompetent charlatan in KatWoman would have appointed him ..
    I don't care who takes over, Euell, Jackson or the programme sellers collective .. just fuck off Robinson and don't come back

Are you on the sherbert again, Lincs?

One more time, it doesn't matter who is the manager or even whether he's genius or inept - it's only a matter of time until the poor bugger gets ground down, loses the plot and removed.

The downward spiral will continue until Duchatelet is gone.

give it a rest with the 'sherbert' you old bore .. managers make teams .. Robinson has a decent set of players and he took over with us near the play offs .. don't put everything down to the ownership, which I agree stinks, managers with far less resources than Robinson have had success .. he has proved to be a useless chancer and if you can't see that, you're even more senile or pissed than your posts suggest

CAFC is clearly totally disfunctional, but it would be great if we could rise above it and stop slagging each other off.
  • Options
    Blackpool72 does not like stability, I do.

However, I genuinely think that the scouser will be outed if we lose our next two games. History shows that Duchatelet sacks a manager on a bad run.

I think we all need to stand back and take a breather(which Robinson struggles with), we need to ride this out and see what Robinson can do recruting for next season.

Chris O'Loughlin will be our next manager, of that I am certain. It is just a question of when.
  • Options

However, I genuinely think that the scouser will be outed if we lose our next two games. History shows that Duchatelet sacks a manager on a bad run.

Difference these days is I am not sure he could easily find a replacement without going to one of his stooges.
  • Options

Difference these days is I am not sure he could easily find a replacement without going to one of his stooges.
    Congo Chris. Definitely if Robinson gets the sack.
  • Options

Congo Chris. Definitely if Robinson gets the sack.
    I would think that's been the plan all along.
    We will sagely pat each other on the back in a fuzz of self congratulation "Knew it..." etc When C'o'C is appointed interim/caretaker/whatever for the rest of the season. But are we really saying Roly has punted all KR's contract & wages on appeasing us cos KR was a more palatable appointment for us than the anointed network C'o'C? Roly doesn't give a fuck what we think and roly likes to make money. Yes he's crackers but he's not that cracked, surely? I don't imagine we'll get to find out how un/successful the fat scouse gobshite could have been in SE7 cos most likely roly's itchy trigger finger will twitch soon enough. A combination of 2 more miserable results and this weekend's belgian escapade will rattle the old fool's cage and KR will be paid the price(!). All the while roly's gnarled digit is the one closest to the trigger Charlton will continue to be mis-managed in this way. Eventually something critical will change or a financial boundary will be crossed and the curtain will fall on roly's toxic pantomime. I only hope Charlton are still allowed to play professional football when that curtain falls.
    Happy Pancake Day y'all
  • Options
    I see Robinson as the equivalent of lord Haw Haw ..

Anyway

I think the close season will be the customary shambles and he ll go in Sept
  • Options
    I'm going to try Nutella on mine tonight.

I reckon Roland is pissed off with us ungrateful English peasants (and disgruntled ex-employees) . So, he's got HIS man in place for when Katies latest manager fucks up.
    Might be next week or next season but Congo Chris WILL manage us one day.